|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who are waiting to see the wizard are told to keep their __________ short since the war is hot and of great importance.
2. Why did the people standing on the bridge move to the side, even though they did not have to do so?
(a) They were asked.
(b) Soldiers came through.
(d) They did so naturally.
3. What is the mark of the Mord-Sith's profession, which is to torture others and to kill those who have the gift?
(a) The single long braid.
(b) The book they carry.
(c) Their boots.
(d) The chain mail.
4. By killing the nobleman, the First Wizard condemned _____________ to death as well, which makes Abby feel sad for him.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His own daughter.
5. The old woman in the beginning of the story is curious about the _________ that the younger woman carries.
6. Now that the ___________ meeting has ended, the wizards will be able to see the people who have been waiting on the bridge.
7. Not even the __________ can heal a person who has been touched by a shadow person in a time of war.
(b) Mother Confessor.
8. The Mother Confessor shares that she has already killed ________ Mord-Sith in her lifetime.
9. What does the Wizard use in order to begin to show others the symbols which are to be explained?
(a) The air.
10. Abby says that she brings a 'debt ______' with her, one that has to be dealt with by Wizard Zorander himself, according to her mother's dying wishes.
11. Many people come to the First Wizard in order to be free of __________ in their lives, according to the Mother Confessor.
12. The design, called a Grace, has ________ points to the star which is set inside of the box and then inside of a circle.
13. Abby says she will pray for the ______________ that Wizard Zorander will see her and help her daughter.
(b) Good spirits.
(c) Shadow spirits.
(d) White spirits.
14. Abby tells the sorceress that she must see the _______________, who is Wizard Zorander himself.
(b) Father Confessor.
(c) First Wizard.
(d) Second Wizard.
15. The Mother Confessor tells Abby that even if her debt is a true debt, it does not mean it needs to be _____________.
(b) Paid now.
(c) Paid at all.
(d) Used now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the First Wizard's daughter after Zedd's wife was killed by the D'Haran?
2. It is said that the ___________ of a sorceress is a ____________ of all sorceresses.
3. What do the nobleman's servants come out of the room carrying after the nobleman sees the Wizard?
4. What is the name of the man who questions the First Wizard's interpretation of the spell?
5. The men decide that the D'Haran have earned their _________ and that Wizard Zorander's plan must be the one they choose.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)