|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abby once had a ___________, but this child died at birth, as she reveals to the Mother Confessor.
2. What color are the tunics of those who are on the Home Guard and are talking in the room where Abby is brought?
3. What color is the dress of the Mother Confessor as she sits with the other men in the room?
4. Many people come to the First Wizard in order to be free of __________ in their lives, according to the Mother Confessor.
5. What does Abby blame for causing her to have to be in the line to see the Wizard in order to have her request granted?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The invasion.
(c) A fire in her village.
6. How many men trotted up past others in the line, even though the others had been waiting for a long time?
7. Abby feels her mother did a mean thing to her ____________ by leaving before they could have a chance to meet.
8. What is the name of Abby's mother that she shares with the sorceress in order to encourage her to be allowed to see Wizard Zorander?
9. What is able to mask the conversation of the sorceresses who are huddled on the white marble benches?
(a) The water fountain.
(b) The flutes.
(c) The noise of the crowd.
10. What is the color of the dress that Abby is wearing when the old woman reaches out to touch her?
11. Weapons have no effect on the _________ people created by Panis Rahl in order to fight the battle without getting hurt.
12. The last time that Abby's bracelet had been tingling and had turned warm was when her mother _____________.
(b) Told her of the Mother Confessor.
(d) Sang to her.
13. How old does Abby say that her daughter is, and she is still a prisoner of the D'Haran in the story?
14. The sorceress reminds the people who want to see the First Wizard that he has also been named the wind of _________.
15. Abby tells the council that the D'Harans hold prisoners from her village with the help of a __________.
(c) Evil demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the old woman tells Abby that a mother's love protects a child, Abby replies that, "The ________ know the truth of that."
2. Who decides they will see the Wizard first, even though this does not seem to be a fair arrangement?
3. While waiting to see the wizard, Abby not only prays for __________, but that the wizards would help her.
4. What does the nobleman hold in his hand as he is waiting to see the Wizard?
5. What is the name of the man who questions the First Wizard's interpretation of the spell?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)