|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aschenbach leave Pola?
2. Aschenbach is ________ when he suddenly sees the Polish family on the pier.
3. Aschenbach, in his decision to stay, is ignoring his _________.
4. What does Aschenbach do after seeing Tadzio and his family on the pier?
5. At the height of Aschenbach's obsession with Tadzio, what sense has Tadzio reinvigorated in Aschenbach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tadzio is the most pivotal figure in Aschenbach's life during the time of "Death In Venice." Throughout the book he takes on many different roles. What is the greater purpose of Tadzio's representation?
Essay Topic 2
The narrator is in control of the way the readers see "Death In Venice." Why is the personality of the narrator crucial to the story? Why couldn't the story of "Death In Venice" exist without this narrator?
Essay Topic 3
What is the correlation between the "Greekness" and death of "Death In Venice?" How do they overlap? How do the images infiltrate into reality? How does this map the progression of the narrative?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)