|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a physical characteristic of the first boatman Aschenbach sees?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is a hunchback.
(c) He has a large nose.
(d) He is missing fingers.
2. What does Aschenbach compare the gondola to?
(a) A toy.
(b) A banana.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A bed.
3. Now that Aschenbach is completely obsessed with Tadzio, Aschenbach is controlled by his ________.
4. What does Tadzio inspire Aschenbach to do?
5. What does Aschenbach feel when he realizes the truth about the young man?
Short Answer Questions
1. What arrangements does Aschenbach make to stay in Venice longer?
2. Aschenbach, in his decision to stay, is ignoring his _________.
3. How does Aschenbach feel about his decision to stay in Venice?
4. How does Aschenbach feel about being forced to stay in Venice?
5. After Aschenbach decides to stay in Venice, he plans to stay in Venice ________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)