|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aschenbach is forced to stay in Venice what is he able to do?
(a) Visit an old friend.
(b) See a play.
(c) See more of Tadzio.
(d) Enjoy the good weather.
2. What was the weather on Aschenbach's last trip to Venice?
(b) Unbearably hot.
3. Why does Aschenbach hesitate to approach Tadzio?
(a) Others might judge him.
(b) He hasn't showered.
(c) He is afraid of breaking the illusion.
(d) Tadzio's family is around.
4. What is the specific aspect of Tadzio that inspires Aschenbach?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His voice.
(d) His body.
5. As Aschenbach's fixation on Tadzio increases in Part Four, what classical figures does he have a vision of?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) Socrates and Phaedrus.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aschenbach spend his free time in Venice?
2. Aschenbach and Tadzio's relationship is _________.
3. Aschenbach is ________ when he suddenly sees the Polish family on the pier.
4. What does Aschenbach feel when he realizes the truth about the young man?
5. How does Aschenbach describe the family as a whole?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)