|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aschenbach see at dawn?
(a) Greek mythical figures.
(b) Death approaching.
(c) Ghosts fleeing the hotel.
2. What arrangements does Aschenbach make to stay in Venice longer?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He has more money sent to him.
(c) He rents an apartment.
(d) He learns Italian.
3. Aschenbach's fixation on Tadzio could be called:
4. At the beginning of Part Three, how long until Aschenbach embarks to Pola?
(a) A few days.
(b) The next day.
(c) A year.
(d) A few weeks.
5. Aschenbach frequently watches Tadzio at the _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which specific Greek god does Aschenbach compare Tadzio to while he watches him on the beach?
2. Why does the gondolier run away?
3. Where does Aschenbach frequently see Tadzio?
4. Why is Aschenbach forced to stay in Venice longer?
5. At the height of Aschenbach's obsession with Tadzio, what sense has Tadzio reinvigorated in Aschenbach?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)