|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aschenbach leave Pola?
(a) The weather is poor.
(b) He doesn't like the people.
(c) It isn't satisfying his ideals for the vacation.
(d) He sees an enemy of his.
2. What does Aschenbach notice about one of the young men on the boat?
(a) That he is a pickpocket.
(b) That he is actually very old.
(c) That he is actually a woman.
(d) That he is younger than the other men.
3. Aschenbach is ________ when he suddenly sees the Polish family on the pier.
4. Why is Aschenbach excited for the day to start?
(a) Because he can see Tadzio.
(b) Because he can read the newspaper.
(c) Because morning is his favorite time of day.
(d) Because he can go to the beach.
5. What does Aschenbach feel when he realizes the truth about the young man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach, in his decision to stay, is ignoring his _________.
2. What is Aschenbach's brief dilemma with his fixation of Tadzio?
3. In Part Four, Aschenbach begins to believe that Tadzio is _________ of Aschenbach's feelings.
4. Tadzio has reinstated Aschenbach's sense of _______.
5. Where does Aschenbach frequently see Tadzio?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)