|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aschenbach think the benefit of a vacation will be?
(a) He will find his long lost brother.
(b) He will have an adventure.
(c) He will sleep better.
(d) He will improve his writing.
2. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
(a) A housewife.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An artist.
(d) A seamstress.
3. While out on his walk, Aschenbach begins to feel _________.
4. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
(b) Dark and cloudy.
(d) Warm and sunny.
5. What province is Aschenbach from?
6. How does Aschenbach look, physically?
7. On his walk, what does Aschenbach pass?
(a) A stoneyard with gravestones for sale.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A statue.
(d) A garden.
8. How many times has Aschenbach been divorced?
(c) He never married.
9. When did Aschenbach achieve fame?
(a) Only recently.
(b) Not yet, but he will.
(d) When he was young.
10. What do Aschenbach's books represent?
(a) The superiority of animals over humans.
(b) The current political situation.
(c) The struggles and triumphs of his generation.
(d) The criminal and corrupt nature of humans.
11. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
(a) A few years.
(b) A week.
(c) Since yesterday.
(d) Since youth.
12. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having a social life.
(b) Having a wife.
(d) Having kids.
13. Aschenbach has always led a(n) _____ life.
14. Aschenbach's belief system and opinions are_________.
15. What is Aschenbach's financial situation?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is extravagantly wealthy.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is homeless.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does "Death In Venice" take place?
2. What is the complexion of the man at the chapel?
3. What expression does the man at the chapel give to Aschenbach?
4. What is the purpose of Part Two of "Death In Venice?"
5. At the beginning of the book, when Aschenbach encounters the man at the chapel, what does their interaction consists of?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)