|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aschenbach's father's profession?
(a) A salesman.
(b) An official.
(c) A teacher.
(d) An actor.
2. How many times has Aschenbach been divorced?
(d) He never married.
3. What does Aschenbach chronically suffer from?
(b) Bad health.
4. Aschenbach's belief system and opinions are_________.
5. What season is it at the beginning of "Death In Venice?"
6. Usually Aschenbach feels ________ at his summer house.
7. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having a wife.
(b) Having kids.
(d) Having a social life.
8. How does Aschenbach hide his loneliness?
(a) Superficial friendships.
9. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
(a) Since yesterday.
(b) A week.
(c) A few years.
(d) Since youth.
10. Aschenbach keep his beard _________.
(a) Long and curly.
(c) Big and white.
11. Aschenbach's mother is from ________.
12. Aschenbach's childhood is characterized by _______.
13. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
(c) Dark and cloudy.
(d) Warm and sunny.
14. How does Aschenbach dress?
15. Aschenbach sees a man at the chapel. What color is the man's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
2. How many children does Aschenbach have?
3. Aschenbach prides himself most on his _________.
4. What do Aschenbach's books represent?
5. Aschenbach has always led a(n) _____ life.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)