|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Aschenbach pull back from his daydream?
(a) Diligence in work.
(b) Fear of judgement.
(c) Dissatisfaction with his imagination.
(d) He becomes tired.
2. What do Aschenbach's characters represent about his beliefs of humans?
(a) Corrupt politicians.
(b) The scum of humanity.
(d) The ideal person.
3. How aware is Aschenbach of his own mortality?
(a) He thinks he is immortal.
(b) He fears he will dies soon.
(c) He is unaware of his mortality.
(d) He plans to kill himself.
4. Aschenbach's work ethic could be called _________.
5. How intelligent is Aschenbach?
(a) Very intelligent.
(b) Not too bright.
(d) Very stupid.
6. At the chapel, Aschenbach encounters a _______ man.
7. Aschenbach's belief system and opinions are_________.
8. Aschenbach spends all his time _________.
(c) Listening to music.
9. Aschenbach has a _______ complexion.
10. Lately, Aschenbach has been _______ with his routine.
11. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A housewife.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) An artist.
12. What happens in Aschenbach's daydream?
(a) He meets and falls in love with a beautiful woman.
(b) He foresees his own death.
(c) He remembers a birthday he spent with his parents.
(d) He sees a vivid scene of a tropical foreign land.
13. Aschenbach's daydream shows his _______.
(a) Desire for adventure.
(b) Tendency to follow societal pressures.
(c) Dissatisfaction with humans.
(d) Fear of heights.
14. The approaching war referenced is __________.
(a) World War Two.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) World War One.
(d) The Vietnam War.
15. In Part Two, Aschenbach no longer feels _____ with his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Usually Aschenbach feels ________ at his summer house.
2. When Aschenbach pulls back from his daydream, it shows his reluctance to follow ______.
3. What does Aschenbach chronically suffer from?
4. How does Aschenbach dress?
5. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)