|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, Aschenbach no longer feels _____ with his work.
2. How many times has Aschenbach been married?
3. While out on his walk, Aschenbach begins to feel _________.
4. What makes Aschenbach pull back from his daydream?
(a) He becomes tired.
(b) Diligence in work.
(c) Dissatisfaction with his imagination.
(d) Fear of judgement.
5. Aschenbach's work ethic could be called _________.
6. How intelligent is Aschenbach?
(b) Very intelligent.
(c) Not too bright.
(d) Very stupid.
7. Aschenbach keep his beard _________.
(b) Long and curly.
(d) Big and white.
8. What does Aschenbach chronically suffer from?
(d) Bad health.
9. Lately, Aschenbach has been _______ with his routine.
10. Where does Aschenbach live?
(b) New York.
11. What do Aschenbach's books represent?
(a) The superiority of animals over humans.
(b) The criminal and corrupt nature of humans.
(c) The current political situation.
(d) The struggles and triumphs of his generation.
12. Aschenbach has a _______ complexion.
13. Why does Aschenbach look at the world differently?
(a) Because he is an artist.
(b) Because he is hallucinating.
(c) Because he has unusually excellent vision.
(d) Because he is colorblind.
14. What sort of school did Aschenbach attend?
(a) He didn't attend school.
(c) Catholic school.
(d) Military school.
15. At the chapel, Aschenbach encounters a _______ man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach sees a man at the chapel. What color is the man's hair?
2. Aschenbach's mother is from ________.
3. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
4. What does Aschenbach think the benefit of a vacation will be?
5. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)