|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes Aschenbach's daydream?
2. What is the complexion of the man at the chapel?
(a) Green and sickly.
3. Aschenbach prides himself most on his _________.
(d) Good looks.
4. When does "Death In Venice" take place?
(a) Modern day.
(b) Early 20th century.
(d) Early 19th century.
5. What does Aschenbach credit his level of greatness to?
(a) He is inherently better.
(b) People have sympathy for him.
(c) He has survived many trials.
(d) He is more talented than others.
6. What is Aschenbach's financial situation?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is homeless.
(d) He is extravagantly wealthy.
7. How does Aschenbach dress?
8. How does Aschenbach look, physically?
9. While out on his walk, Aschenbach begins to feel _________.
10. At the beginning of the book, when Aschenbach encounters the man at the chapel, what does their interaction consists of?
(b) Lively conversation.
11. Why does Aschenbach look at the world differently?
(a) Because he is colorblind.
(b) Because he has unusually excellent vision.
(c) Because he is an artist.
(d) Because he is hallucinating.
12. In Part Two, Aschenbach no longer feels _____ with his work.
13. Aschenbach's childhood is characterized by _______.
14. Aschenbach's belief system and opinions are_________.
15. What is the cause of Aschenbach's anxiety?
(a) The approaching war.
(b) His poverty.
(c) The death of a friend.
(d) His failure as a writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aschenbach live?
2. How many times has Aschenbach been married?
3. When did Aschenbach achieve fame?
4. What is the cause of Aschenbach's sickness?
5. Judging from the man's attire and physical characteristics, Aschenbach concludes that this man is NOT _______ .
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)