|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Aschenbach returns to the chapel at the end of his walk, the man has ___________.
(a) Struck up a discussion wth another man.
(c) Changed his clothes.
(d) Begun praying.
2. What does Aschenbach credit his level of greatness to?
(a) He is more talented than others.
(b) People have sympathy for him.
(c) He has survived many trials.
(d) He is inherently better.
3. What is Aschenbach's financial situation?
(a) He is homeless.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is extravagantly wealthy.
4. What characterized Aschenbach in his youth?
(c) All of these.
5. What is the cause of Aschenbach's anxiety?
(a) The approaching war.
(b) His poverty.
(c) The death of a friend.
(d) His failure as a writer.
6. How many children does Aschenbach have?
7. The man at the chapel has _____ teeth.
8. Approximately how old is Aschenbach?
(c) Young man.
(d) Old man.
9. What season is it at the beginning of "Death In Venice?"
10. What did the professions of Aschenbach's parents instill in him?
(a) Sarcasm and wit.
(b) Diligence in art.
(c) Skill at robbery.
(d) Laziness and ungratefulness.
11. Lately, Aschenbach has been _______ with his routine.
12. At the beginning of the book, why does Aschenbach take a walk?
(a) To clear his mind.
(b) To buy groceries.
(c) To pick flowers.
(d) To meet a friend.
13. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
14. What is Aschenbach's father's profession?
(a) An official.
(b) A teacher.
(c) An actor.
(d) A salesman.
15. How many times has Aschenbach been divorced?
(a) He never married.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
2. What type of school did Aschenbach attend?
3. Lately, Aschenbach has had a difficult time _________.
4. Why does Aschenbach look at the world differently?
5. Aschenbach has always led a(n) _____ life.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)