|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Aschenbach's books represent?
(a) The current political situation.
(b) The superiority of animals over humans.
(c) The struggles and triumphs of his generation.
(d) The criminal and corrupt nature of humans.
2. The man at the chapel carries a _______.
(a) Bag of money.
(b) Walking stick.
3. Why does Aschenbach look at the world differently?
(a) Because he is an artist.
(b) Because he has unusually excellent vision.
(c) Because he is hallucinating.
(d) Because he is colorblind.
4. Aschenbach keep his beard _________.
(c) Big and white.
(d) Long and curly.
5. Usually Aschenbach feels ________ at his summer house.
6. What type of school did Aschenbach attend?
(a) Military school.
(b) Catholic school.
(d) Boarding school.
7. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
8. Aschenbach has always led a(n) _____ life.
9. Aschenbach's mother is from ________.
10. The approaching war referenced is __________.
(a) World War Two.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War One.
11. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having kids.
(b) Having a wife.
(c) Having a social life.
12. At the beginning of the book, why does Aschenbach take a walk?
(a) To buy groceries.
(b) To meet a friend.
(c) To pick flowers.
(d) To clear his mind.
13. Aschenbach spends all his time _________.
(a) Listening to music.
14. When Aschenbach returns to the chapel at the end of his walk, the man has ___________.
(a) Struck up a discussion wth another man.
(b) Changed his clothes.
(c) Begun praying.
15. Lately, Aschenbach has had a difficult time _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his walk, what does Aschenbach pass?
2. How intelligent is Aschenbach?
3. How many children does Aschenbach have?
4. What characterized Aschenbach in his youth?
5. What is the purpose of Part Two of "Death In Venice?"
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)