|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aschenbach's wife is _______.
(d) Cheating on him.
2. What does Aschenbach credit his level of greatness to?
(a) He has survived many trials.
(b) People have sympathy for him.
(c) He is more talented than others.
(d) He is inherently better.
3. Approximately how old is Aschenbach?
(a) Young man.
(d) Old man.
4. What did the professions of Aschenbach's parents instill in him?
(a) Sarcasm and wit.
(b) Laziness and ungratefulness.
(c) Skill at robbery.
(d) Diligence in art.
5. How aware is Aschenbach of his own mortality?
(a) He fears he will dies soon.
(b) He thinks he is immortal.
(c) He is unaware of his mortality.
(d) He plans to kill himself.
6. What is the complexion of the man at the chapel?
(a) Green and sickly.
7. What expression does the man at the chapel give to Aschenbach?
(b) A look of distress.
(c) A smile.
(d) A scowl.
8. What characterizes Aschenbach's daydream?
9. Aschenbach's mother is from ________.
10. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
11. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
(a) Warm and sunny.
(c) Dark and cloudy.
12. What characterized Aschenbach in his youth?
(c) All of these.
13. In Part Two, Aschenbach no longer feels _____ with his work.
14. Aschenbach's childhood is characterized by _______.
15. Where does Aschenbach live?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aschenbach dress?
2. What does Aschenbach chronically suffer from?
3. How many children does Aschenbach have?
4. Lately, Aschenbach has been _______ with his routine.
5. Judging from the man's attire and physical characteristics, Aschenbach concludes that this man is NOT _______ .
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)