|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having kids.
(b) Having a wife.
(c) Having a social life.
2. Aschenbach's work ethic could be called _________.
3. How many children does Aschenbach have?
4. What does Aschenbach chronically suffer from?
(b) Bad health.
5. What makes Aschenbach pull back from his daydream?
(a) Fear of judgement.
(b) Dissatisfaction with his imagination.
(c) He becomes tired.
(d) Diligence in work.
6. When Aschenbach pulls back from his daydream, it shows his reluctance to follow ______.
(a) Societal standards.
(b) His impulses.
(c) Other's direction.
(d) His parents' advise.
7. What author does Aschenbach reference to describe his physical health?
(a) Thomas Mann.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
8. The man at the chapel has _____ teeth.
9. Lately, Aschenbach has had a difficult time _________.
10. Lately, Aschenbach has been _______ with his routine.
11. What characterized Aschenbach in his youth?
(a) All of these.
12. What is Aschenbach's profession?
13. What is Aschenbach's financial situation?
(a) He is homeless.
(b) He is extravagantly wealthy.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is poor.
14. What did Aschenbach want but never get?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A brother.
(c) A wife.
(d) A son.
15. Aschenbach spends all his time _________.
(c) Listening to music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the professions of Aschenbach's parents instill in him?
2. Aschenbach sees a man at the chapel. What color is the man's hair?
3. How aware is Aschenbach of his own mortality?
4. When Aschenbach returns to the chapel at the end of his walk, the man has ___________.
5. While Aschenbach takes his walk at the beginning of Part One, the streets of the city are _______.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)