|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it at the beginning of "Death In Venice?"
2. What province is Aschenbach from?
3. When did Aschenbach achieve fame?
(a) Not yet, but he will.
(b) When he was young.
(d) Only recently.
4. What author does Aschenbach reference to describe his physical health?
(a) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Thomas Mann.
5. Aschenbach keep his beard _________.
(c) Long and curly.
(d) Big and white.
6. How does Aschenbach dress?
7. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having kids.
(c) Having a social life.
(d) Having a wife.
8. Lately, Aschenbach has had a difficult time _________.
9. How does Aschenbach hide his loneliness?
(a) Superficial friendships.
10. What is Aschenbach's profession?
11. What characterizes Aschenbach's daydream?
12. Aschenbach's belief system and opinions are_________.
13. At the beginning of the book, why does Aschenbach take a walk?
(a) To clear his mind.
(b) To meet a friend.
(c) To buy groceries.
(d) To pick flowers.
14. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
(a) A few years.
(b) Since yesterday.
(c) Since youth.
(d) A week.
15. In Part Two, Aschenbach no longer feels _____ with his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the chapel, Aschenbach encounters a _______ man.
2. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
3. Why does Aschenbach look at the world differently?
4. Aschenbach sees a man at the chapel. What color is the man's hair?
5. What is the cause of Aschenbach's sickness?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)