|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterized Aschenbach in his youth?
(b) All of these.
2. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
3. Aschenbach has always led a(n) _____ life.
4. The man at the chapel carries a _______.
(c) Bag of money.
(d) Walking stick.
5. How does Aschenbach dress?
6. What is Aschenbach's financial situation?
(a) He is extravagantly wealthy.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is homeless.
(d) He is wealthy.
7. In Part Two, Aschenbach no longer feels _____ with his work.
8. Aschenbach's mother is from ________.
9. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) A housewife.
(c) An artist.
(d) A teacher.
10. What is Aschenbach's profession?
11. What is the purpose of Part Two of "Death In Venice?"
(a) To gain sympathy for Aschenbach.
(b) To explain Aschenbach's personality.
(c) To explain Part One.
(d) To set the political context.
12. Why does Aschenbach look at the world differently?
(a) Because he is hallucinating.
(b) Because he has unusually excellent vision.
(c) Because he is colorblind.
(d) Because he is an artist.
13. How intelligent is Aschenbach?
(b) Very intelligent.
(c) Not too bright.
(d) Very stupid.
14. Aschenbach spends all his time _________.
(b) Listening to music.
15. What does Aschenbach chronically suffer from?
(a) Bad health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach has a _______ complexion.
2. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
3. What does Aschenbach think the benefit of a vacation will be?
4. What is the cause of Aschenbach's anxiety?
5. Aschenbach's wife is _______.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)