|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How aware is Aschenbach of his own mortality?
(a) He is unaware of his mortality.
(b) He thinks he is immortal.
(c) He fears he will dies soon.
(d) He plans to kill himself.
2. What did Aschenbach want but never get?
(a) A brother.
(b) A son.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A wife.
3. Lately, Aschenbach has had a difficult time _________.
4. Aschenbach's mother is from ________.
5. What is the cause of Aschenbach's sickness?
(a) Food poisoning.
(c) Poor diet.
(d) Strain of work.
6. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
7. How does Aschenbach look, physically?
8. How intelligent is Aschenbach?
(a) Very intelligent.
(b) Very stupid.
(d) Not too bright.
9. What is Aschenbach's father's profession?
(a) A salesman.
(b) An official.
(c) An actor.
(d) A teacher.
10. Usually Aschenbach feels ________ at his summer house.
11. What is the cause of Aschenbach's anxiety?
(a) The death of a friend.
(b) His failure as a writer.
(c) The approaching war.
(d) His poverty.
12. What type of school did Aschenbach attend?
(a) Boarding school.
(c) Military school.
(d) Catholic school.
13. What characterizes Aschenbach's daydream?
14. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
(a) A housewife.
(b) An artist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A seamstress.
15. On his walk, what does Aschenbach pass?
(a) A homeless man.
(b) A statue.
(c) A stoneyard with gravestones for sale.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Aschenbach achieve fame?
2. What expression does the man at the chapel give to Aschenbach?
3. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
4. Aschenbach's wife is _______.
5. What happens in Aschenbach's daydream?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)