|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cause of Aschenbach's sickness?
(a) Strain of work.
(b) Poor diet.
(c) Food poisoning.
2. What did Aschenbach want but never get?
(a) A brother.
(b) A son.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A wife.
3. What is Aschenbach's father's profession?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An official.
(c) A salesman.
(d) An actor.
4. What did the professions of Aschenbach's parents instill in him?
(a) Skill at robbery.
(b) Laziness and ungratefulness.
(c) Diligence in art.
(d) Sarcasm and wit.
5. What season is it at the beginning of "Death In Venice?"
6. What is Aschenbach's financial situation?
(a) He is extravagantly wealthy.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is homeless.
(d) He is poor.
7. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
(a) An artist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A seamstress.
(d) A housewife.
8. The man at the chapel carries a _______.
(a) Walking stick.
(c) Bag of money.
9. Aschenbach has a _______ complexion.
10. How does Aschenbach look, physically?
11. In Part Two, Aschenbach no longer feels _____ with his work.
12. What does Aschenbach chronically suffer from?
(d) Bad health.
13. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
14. While Aschenbach takes his walk at the beginning of Part One, the streets of the city are _______.
15. What province is Aschenbach from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Aschenbach's books represent?
2. What type of school did Aschenbach attend?
3. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
4. At the chapel, Aschenbach encounters a _______ man.
5. Aschenbach's wife is _______.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)