|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the chapel, Aschenbach encounters a _______ man.
2. Aschenbach's belief system and opinions are_________.
3. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
(b) Dark and cloudy.
(c) Warm and sunny.
4. Approximately how old is Aschenbach?
(b) Young man.
(d) Old man.
5. The approaching war referenced is __________.
(a) World War Two.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) World War One.
(d) The Cold War.
6. What does Aschenbach credit his level of greatness to?
(a) He has survived many trials.
(b) He is more talented than others.
(c) People have sympathy for him.
(d) He is inherently better.
7. While Aschenbach takes his walk at the beginning of Part One, the streets of the city are _______.
8. When Aschenbach returns to the chapel at the end of his walk, the man has ___________.
(a) Changed his clothes.
(b) Struck up a discussion wth another man.
(c) Begun praying.
9. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
10. How intelligent is Aschenbach?
(a) Very stupid.
(b) Not too bright.
(c) Very intelligent.
11. Judging from the man's attire and physical characteristics, Aschenbach concludes that this man is NOT _______ .
(a) A man.
12. Aschenbach's mother is from ________.
13. What does Aschenbach think the benefit of a vacation will be?
(a) He will find his long lost brother.
(b) He will have an adventure.
(c) He will sleep better.
(d) He will improve his writing.
14. Aschenbach's work ethic could be called _________.
15. How does Aschenbach dress?
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it at the beginning of "Death In Venice?"
2. What is Aschenbach's father's profession?
3. Aschenbach spends all his time _________.
4. How many times has Aschenbach been divorced?
5. What makes Aschenbach pull back from his daydream?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)