|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Aschenbach reference to describe his physical health?
(b) Thomas Mann.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
2. When does "Death In Venice" take place?
(b) Early 20th century.
(c) Early 19th century.
(d) Modern day.
3. Approximately how old is Aschenbach?
(c) Old man.
(d) Young man.
4. What type of school did Aschenbach attend?
(a) Catholic school.
(c) Boarding school.
(d) Military school.
5. Usually Aschenbach feels ________ at his summer house.
6. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
(a) A week.
(b) Since yesterday.
(c) Since youth.
(d) A few years.
7. What characterizes Aschenbach's daydream?
8. How does Aschenbach hide his loneliness?
(a) Superficial friendships.
9. What is the purpose of Part Two of "Death In Venice?"
(a) To explain Aschenbach's personality.
(b) To explain Part One.
(c) To set the political context.
(d) To gain sympathy for Aschenbach.
10. At the chapel, Aschenbach encounters a _______ man.
11. Aschenbach's daydream shows his _______.
(a) Tendency to follow societal pressures.
(b) Desire for adventure.
(c) Dissatisfaction with humans.
(d) Fear of heights.
12. How many children does Aschenbach have?
13. How many times has Aschenbach been divorced?
(d) He never married.
14. Aschenbach has a _______ complexion.
15. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having kids.
(c) Having a wife.
(d) Having a social life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach prides himself most on his _________.
2. What is the cause of Aschenbach's sickness?
3. Aschenbach's childhood is characterized by _______.
4. How does Aschenbach look, physically?
5. Aschenbach has always led a(n) _____ life.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)