|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, when Aschenbach encounters the man at the chapel, what does their interaction consists of?
(d) Lively conversation.
2. Lately, Aschenbach has been _______ with his routine.
3. What does Aschenbach chronically suffer from?
(a) Bad health.
4. What province is Aschenbach from?
5. Aschenbach sees a man at the chapel. What color is the man's hair?
6. What characterizes Aschenbach's daydream?
7. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having a social life.
(b) Having kids.
(c) Having a wife.
8. How aware is Aschenbach of his own mortality?
(a) He thinks he is immortal.
(b) He plans to kill himself.
(c) He fears he will dies soon.
(d) He is unaware of his mortality.
9. How many children does Aschenbach have?
10. When Aschenbach pulls back from his daydream, it shows his reluctance to follow ______.
(a) Societal standards.
(b) His parents' advise.
(c) His impulses.
(d) Other's direction.
11. What makes Aschenbach pull back from his daydream?
(a) Fear of judgement.
(b) Diligence in work.
(c) Dissatisfaction with his imagination.
(d) He becomes tired.
12. How does Aschenbach look, physically?
13. The tone at the beginning of "Death In Venice" is ___________.
14. What do Aschenbach's characters represent about his beliefs of humans?
(a) The ideal person.
(c) The scum of humanity.
(d) Corrupt politicians.
15. What author does Aschenbach reference to describe his physical health?
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(d) Thomas Mann.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
2. How many times has Aschenbach been divorced?
3. Aschenbach's father is from _________.
4. What sort of school did Aschenbach attend?
5. The man at the chapel carries a _______.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)