|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aschenbach's childhood is characterized by _______.
2. The man at the chapel has _____ teeth.
3. What makes Aschenbach pull back from his daydream?
(a) Dissatisfaction with his imagination.
(b) He becomes tired.
(c) Diligence in work.
(d) Fear of judgement.
4. When does "Death In Venice" take place?
(a) Early 19th century.
(c) Modern day.
(d) Early 20th century.
5. Aschenbach's belief system and opinions are_________.
6. Aschenbach keep his beard _________.
(b) Long and curly.
(c) Big and white.
7. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having kids.
(b) Having a wife.
(d) Having a social life.
8. What happens in Aschenbach's daydream?
(a) He meets and falls in love with a beautiful woman.
(b) He remembers a birthday he spent with his parents.
(c) He foresees his own death.
(d) He sees a vivid scene of a tropical foreign land.
9. What is Aschenbach's financial situation?
(a) He is extravagantly wealthy.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is homeless.
10. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
(a) Warm and sunny.
(c) Dark and cloudy.
11. Lately, Aschenbach has been _______ with his routine.
12. What characterizes Aschenbach's daydream?
13. How many children does Aschenbach have?
14. While Aschenbach takes his walk at the beginning of Part One, the streets of the city are _______.
15. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
(a) Since youth.
(b) A few years.
(c) A week.
(d) Since yesterday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aschenbach look at the world differently?
2. What province is Aschenbach from?
3. What sort of school did Aschenbach attend?
4. What author does Aschenbach reference to describe his physical health?
5. Approximately how old is Aschenbach?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)