|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What captivates Aschenbach about the boy in the hotel lobby?
(a) His ugliness.
(b) His beauty.
(c) His rudeness.
(d) His clothes.
2. What was the weather on Aschenbach's last trip to Venice?
(a) Unbearably hot.
3. Why does Aschenbach hesitate to approach Tadzio?
(a) Others might judge him.
(b) He hasn't showered.
(c) He is afraid of breaking the illusion.
(d) Tadzio's family is around.
4. After Aschenbach decides to stay in Venice, he plans to stay in Venice ________.
(a) For one more week.
(b) Until the end of summer.
5. Why does Aschenbach compare Tadzio to gods?
(a) Because he is beautiful.
(b) Because he has magical powers.
(c) Because he can fly.
(d) Because he changes the seasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tadzio wearing when Aschenbach first sees him?
2. Why does Aschenbach hesitate to leave Venice?
3. What is Aschenbach's profession?
4. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
5. What is the cause of Aschenbach's sickness?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)