|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Aschenbach been divorced?
(d) He never married.
2. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
(a) At a Byzantine chapel.
(b) At a monastery.
(c) At a Jewish temple.
(d) At a religious commune.
3. At the beginning of the book, why does Aschenbach take a walk?
(a) To pick flowers.
(b) To clear his mind.
(c) To buy groceries.
(d) To meet a friend.
4. Usually Aschenbach feels ________ at his summer house.
5. Where does Aschenbach first see the family from his hotel?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) On the boat to Venice.
(c) In the lobby.
(d) At the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach's mother is from ________.
2. How does Aschenbach feel about being forced to stay in Venice?
3. What does Aschenbach credit his level of greatness to?
4. What author does Aschenbach reference to describe his physical health?
5. How does Aschenbach look, physically?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)