|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Aschenbach's daydream?
(a) He meets and falls in love with a beautiful woman.
(b) He sees a vivid scene of a tropical foreign land.
(c) He remembers a birthday he spent with his parents.
(d) He foresees his own death.
2. While out on his walk, Aschenbach begins to feel _________.
3. The tone at the beginning of "Death In Venice" is ___________.
4. On his walk, what does Aschenbach pass?
(a) A statue.
(b) A stoneyard with gravestones for sale.
(c) A garden.
(d) A homeless man.
5. Aschenbach's daydream shows his _______.
(a) Fear of heights.
(b) Dissatisfaction with humans.
(c) Tendency to follow societal pressures.
(d) Desire for adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the chapel, Aschenbach encounters a _______ man.
2. The approaching war referenced is __________.
3. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
4. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
5. What season is it at the beginning of "Death In Venice?"
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)