|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
(a) At a monastery.
(b) At a religious commune.
(c) At a Byzantine chapel.
(d) At a Jewish temple.
2. How intelligent is Aschenbach?
(a) Not too bright.
(b) Very stupid.
(c) Very intelligent.
3. At the end of Part 5, why does Aschenbach walk towards the water?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To bring Tadzio a towel.
(c) To go for a swim.
(d) Because he believes Tadzio is beckoning to him.
4. The family Aschenbach sees in his hotel are from _______.
5. What happens in Venice as the summer ends?
(a) A big festival.
(b) The stores close.
(c) More people arrive.
(d) People leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part Three, how long until Aschenbach embarks to Pola?
2. What was the weather on Aschenbach's last trip to Venice?
3. What author does Aschenbach reference to describe his physical health?
4. What does Aschenbach drink while he watches the street performers?
5. Aschenbach's childhood is characterized by _______.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)