|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aschenbach's brief dilemma with his fixation of Tadzio?
(a) Tadzio doesn't return his feelings.
(b) It will ruin his marraige.
(c) Others might disapprove.
(d) It might be inappropriate.
2. After Aschenbach decides to stay in Venice, he plans to stay in Venice ________.
(a) For one more week.
(b) Until the end of summer.
3. What compelled Aschenbach to leave Venice during his last trip?
(a) He was lonely.
(b) He fell ill.
(c) He was robbed.
(d) His hotel burned down.
4. The man at the chapel has _____ teeth.
5. At the beginning of Part Three, how long until Aschenbach embarks to Pola?
(a) A year.
(b) The next day.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach's childhood is characterized by _______.
2. What is the cause of Aschenbach's anxiety?
3. How has Tadzio changed how Aschenbach feels about his writing?
4. At the height of Aschenbach's obsession with Tadzio, what sense has Tadzio reinvigorated in Aschenbach?
5. Aschenbach is ________ when he suddenly sees the Polish family on the pier.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)