|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
(a) At a Byzantine chapel.
(b) At a monastery.
(c) At a Jewish temple.
(d) At a religious commune.
2. What characterizes Aschenbach's daydream?
3. What has Aschenbach's dedication to work deprived him of?
(a) Having a social life.
(b) Having kids.
(c) Having a wife.
4. Why does Aschenbach look at the world differently?
(a) Because he is colorblind.
(b) Because he is hallucinating.
(c) Because he is an artist.
(d) Because he has unusually excellent vision.
5. What happens in Aschenbach's daydream?
(a) He remembers a birthday he spent with his parents.
(b) He meets and falls in love with a beautiful woman.
(c) He sees a vivid scene of a tropical foreign land.
(d) He foresees his own death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach has a _______ complexion.
2. Aschenbach's daydream shows his _______.
3. The tone at the beginning of "Death In Venice" is ___________.
4. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
5. What is Aschenbach's financial situation?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)