|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
(a) Since yesterday.
(b) A few years.
(c) Since youth.
(d) A week.
2. What is the complexion of the man at the chapel?
(c) Green and sickly.
3. When does "Death In Venice" take place?
(a) Modern day.
(b) Early 19th century.
(c) Early 20th century.
4. At the beginning of Part Three, how long until Aschenbach embarks to Pola?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A year.
(c) A few days.
(d) The next day.
5. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
(b) Warm and sunny.
(c) Dark and cloudy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aschenbach describe the family as a whole?
2. What expression does the man at the chapel give to Aschenbach?
3. Why does Aschenbach become frustrated with the gondolier?
4. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
5. Aschenbach has a _______ complexion.
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)