|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aschenbach compare the gondola to?
(a) A banana.
(b) A toy.
(c) A coffin.
(d) A bed.
2. Judging from the man's attire and physical characteristics, Aschenbach concludes that this man is NOT _______ .
(b) A man.
3. How does Aschenbach feel about being forced to stay in Venice?
4. At the beginning of Part Three, how long until Aschenbach embarks to Pola?
(a) A year.
(b) The next day.
(c) A few weeks.
(d) A few days.
5. What do Aschenbach's books represent?
(a) The current political situation.
(b) The superiority of animals over humans.
(c) The struggles and triumphs of his generation.
(d) The criminal and corrupt nature of humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aschenbach has always led a(n) _____ life.
2. What compelled Aschenbach to leave Venice during his last trip?
3. The approaching war referenced is __________.
4. What is the complexion of the man at the chapel?
5. What does Aschenbach notice about one of the young men on the boat?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)