|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Aschenbach's mother's profession?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) An artist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A housewife.
2. What happens in Aschenbach's daydream?
(a) He remembers a birthday he spent with his parents.
(b) He meets and falls in love with a beautiful woman.
(c) He foresees his own death.
(d) He sees a vivid scene of a tropical foreign land.
3. How does Aschenbach describe the family as a whole?
4. What expression does the man at the chapel give to Aschenbach?
(a) A look of distress.
(b) A scowl.
(d) A smile.
5. Aschenbach keep his beard _________.
(c) Big and white.
(d) Long and curly.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
2. How intelligent is Aschenbach?
3. What does Aschenbach compare the second boatman's beard to?
4. What is a physical characteristic of the first boatman Aschenbach sees?
5. Aschenbach prides himself most on his _________.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)