|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aschenbach become frustrated with the gondolier?
(a) Because he is bad at his job.
(b) Because he is criticizing Aschenbach.
(c) Because he is taking him in the wrong direction.
(d) Because he smells bad.
2. What does Aschenbach compare the gondola to?
(a) A coffin.
(b) A banana.
(c) A bed.
(d) A toy.
3. Aschenbach spends all his time _________.
(a) Listening to music.
4. Aschenbach frequently watches Tadzio at the _______.
5. Why is Aschenbach forced to stay in Venice longer?
(a) He fell ill.
(b) He ran out of money.
(c) No boats were running.
(d) His luggage was mislabled.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Tadzio?
2. What does Aschenbach credit his level of greatness to?
3. Aschenbach has a _______ complexion.
4. What does Aschenbach feel when he realizes the truth about the young man?
5. How does Aschenbach spend his idle time as his affections for Tadzio increase?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)