|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aschenbach become frustrated with the gondolier?
(a) Because he smells bad.
(b) Because he is bad at his job.
(c) Because he is taking him in the wrong direction.
(d) Because he is criticizing Aschenbach.
2. How does Aschenbach feel about his decision to stay in Venice?
3. Where does Aschenbach spend his free time in Venice?
(a) In shops.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) In his room.
(d) At the beach.
4. As Aschenbach's fixation on Tadzio increases in Part Four, what classical figures does he have a vision of?
(a) Socrates and Phaedrus.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) His mother and father.
5. What makes Aschenbach believe Tadzio will not live long?
(a) He sees a doctor visiting the boy's hotel room.
(b) Aschenbach has a dream.
(c) Tadzio appears ill.
(d) Someone told Aschenbach this.
Short Answer Questions
1. What captivates Aschenbach about the boy in the hotel lobby?
2. In Part Four, Aschenbach's feelings during his trip to Venice are becoming more __________.
3. What is the specific aspect of Tadzio that inspires Aschenbach?
4. How long has Aschenbach been sick?
5. What compels Aschenbach to leave Venice this time?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)