1. Where does Aschenbach live?
(a) New York.
2. When does "Death In Venice" take place?
(a) Modern day.
(b) Early 19th century.
(c) Early 20th century.
3. At the beginning of the book, why does Aschenbach take a walk?
(a) To clear his mind.
(b) To meet a friend.
(c) To pick flowers.
(d) To buy groceries.
4. On his walk, what does Aschenbach pass?
(a) A statue.
(b) A stoneyard with gravestones for sale.
(c) A garden.
(d) A homeless man.
5. On his walk, where does Aschenbach end up and stop briefly?
(a) At a Byzantine chapel.
(b) At a Jewish temple.
(c) At a monastery.
(d) At a religious commune.
6. What is the weather on this first day in the novella?
(c) Dark and cloudy.
(d) Warm and sunny.
7. At the chapel, Aschenbach encounters a _______ man.
8. Aschenbach sees a man at the chapel. What color is the man's hair?
9. What is Aschenbach's profession?
This section contains 3,388 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)