|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ben refers to ____________ when he says: 'It's dark there, but full of diamonds."
2. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
3. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
4. What does Linda think is best?
5. What does Biff say about himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of irony in Death of a Salesman. Are the characters aware of the ironies in the story? How does it affect their behaviors?
Essay Topic 2
What function does Linda's character fulfill in the drama of Death of a Salesman? Is she the strongest character in the play? Back up your answer with at least three examples from the play, and explain why they are relevant.
Essay Topic 3
"It comes with the territory" has passed into the language. What does this phrase mean and why is it so crucial to our understanding of Death of a Salesman?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)