Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
2. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
3. What caution does Ben offer?
4. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
5. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
Essay Topic 1
"Death of a Salesman shows us that there is no hope for the 'low man.'"Do you agree? Refer closely to the play. What does this play say about the American Dream?
Essay Topic 2
"As a salesman, Willy Loman was like a low-ranking priest in the religion of commerce, with all its fake values and promises." Discuss with close reference to Death of a Salesman.
Essay Topic 3
"BIFF: 'He had the wrong dreams. All, all wrong.'"
"CHARLEY: 'Nobody dost blame this man.'"
Do you agree with Charley? If Willy cannot be blamed for his tragedy, where does the blame (if any) lie?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)