Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
2. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
3. What caution does Ben offer?
4. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
5. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
"BIFF: 'He had the wrong dreams. All, all wrong.'"
"CHARLEY: 'Nobody dost blame this man.'"
Do you agree with Charley? If Willy cannot be blamed for his tragedy, where does the blame (if any) lie?
"Death of a Salesman shows us, in a moving way, how disastrous it is if people lack the ability or to accept change in themselves and in the social and economic world." Discuss this statement, making close reference to the play.
"Linda: 'It sounds so old-fashioned and silly, but I tell you he put his whole life into you and you've turned your backs on him.'"
Account for Biff's and Happy's treatment of their father, making close reference to the text.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)