|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
2. How does Happy advise his brother to deal with the Bill Oliver matter?
3. Why won't Willy shake hands with Biff?
4. What uncomfortable truth does Biff expose?
5. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
Essay Topic 1
"Linda: 'It sounds so old-fashioned and silly, but I tell you he put his whole life into you and you've turned your backs on him.'"
Account for Biff's and Happy's treatment of their father, making close reference to the text.
Essay Topic 2
Comment on the staging of the "internal scenes" in Death of a Salesman. How effective do you think these are? How important are they in the creation of drama? Are they necessary to understanding the characters? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature and importance of friendship, making close reference to relationships in Death of a Salesman. Make sure to analyze the relationships between Willy and his sons, the sons and each other, and Willy and Linda.
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)