Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
2. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
3. What caution does Ben offer?
4. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
5. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
Essay Topic 1
What function does Linda's character fulfill in the drama of Death of a Salesman? Is she the strongest character in the play? Back up your answer with at least three examples from the play, and explain why they are relevant.
Essay Topic 2
"BIFF: 'He had the wrong dreams. All, all wrong.'"
"CHARLEY: 'Nobody dost blame this man.'"
Do you agree with Charley? If Willy cannot be blamed for his tragedy, where does the blame (if any) lie?
Essay Topic 3
"Death of a Salesman shows us, in a moving way, how disastrous it is if people lack the ability or to accept change in themselves and in the social and economic world." Discuss this statement, making close reference to the play.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)