|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other device is Willy using?
2. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
3. What valuable observation does Biff make about his father's legacy?
4. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
5. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Death of a Salesman shows us that there is no hope for the 'low man.'"Do you agree? Refer closely to the play. What does this play say about the American Dream?
Essay Topic 2
"The commercial world inhabited by Willy Loman is very different from that which operates in the twenty-first century. Willy's tragedy would be impossible today." Referring to the text and to your knowledge of today's world, either agree with or refute this statement.
Essay Topic 3
"Death of a Salesman offers a pessimistic view of the citizen's place in the social world.'" Do you agree? Regardless of how you answer regarding Willy, what of his sons? Describe the likely futures of Biff and Happy.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)