|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other device is Willy using?
2. Who is Letta?
3. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
4. What lie does Biff accuse Happy of telling?
5. What is Willy doing in the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insight does Biff experience in the few moments he does get to see Bill Oliver?
2. What is Willy's reaction to Biff's attempt to tell the day's events truthfully?
3. How does Biff feel about lying to his father about the Bill Oliver interview?
4. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
5. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
6. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
7. How is it again made evident that Willy Loman "had the wrong dreams"?
8. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
9. Account for Willy's anger towards Biff.
10. What is one function of the figure of Ben in his last manifestation inside Willy's head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Willy Loman's life is a complete waste, as is his death." Explain and discuss the significance of this comment, referring closely to the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is Willy Loman's philosophy of life? In what ways is this significant in his relationships and his fate?
Essay Topic 3
"Willy Loman's problem is not that he had the wrong dream, but that the dream was not large enough." To what extent do you agree with this statement?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)