|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
2. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
3. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
4. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
5. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Willy unexpectedly returned from his journey?
2. Is Charley's summation of Willy and his life as a salesman an accurate one?
3. What is the significance of Happy's gift of flowers?
4. Comment about Willy's assertion that "I never in my life told him anything but decent things."
5. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
6. What is wrong with Happy's assertion that "the only dream you can have [is] to come out number one man."?
7. What is Happy's attitude to the news that his father is contemplating suicide?
8. Account for Willy's anger towards Biff.
9. What is the importance of Howard Wagner's new wire recorder?
10. What reassuring news does Linda give Biff when he phones her?
Essay Topic 1
"Death of a Salesman is a savage indictment of commercial values." Discuss with close reference to the play.
Essay Topic 2
"Death of a Salesman offers a pessimistic view of the citizen's place in the social world.'" Do you agree? Regardless of how you answer regarding Willy, what of his sons? Describe the likely futures of Biff and Happy.
Essay Topic 3
What is Willy Loman's philosophy of life? In what ways is this significant in his relationships and his fate?
This section contains 1,697 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)