Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
2. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
3. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
4. Who is Willy's employer?
5. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willy say '"Im always in a race with the junkyard!"?
2. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
3. What is Linda's attitude to Willy's return?
4. In what sense is Willy ironic when he comments that it is obscene for Biff not to have found himself by the age of thirty-four?
5. What does this conversation with Biff reveal about Happy's character?
6. Explain the significance of Ben's words, "I have many enterprises, William, and I have never kept books."
7. What does the audience learn about Linda from her great confrontation with her sons in Act 1?
8. What is the significance of the way the Loman house is presented when the play begins?
9. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
10. What is the effect of Willy's words, "The gist of it is that I haven't got a story left in my head."?
"Death of a Salesman is a savage indictment of commercial values." Discuss with close reference to the play.
What is Willy Loman's philosophy of life? In what ways is this significant in his relationships and his fate?
"Death of a Salesman shows us, in a moving way, how disastrous it is if people lack the ability or to accept change in themselves and in the social and economic world." Discuss this statement, making close reference to the play.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)