|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) A famous German dessert pastry
(b) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
(c) An exclusive vintage wine
(d) The rallying call of a German soccer team
2. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
(d) Scapegoating another person
3. What does Linda ask Willy to forgive?
(a) Her inability to cry
(b) Her inability to cope
(c) That she kept darning her silk stockings
(d) That she was not also in the car when it crashed
4. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
5. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
(a) that he has a bad habit of talking down to other people
(b) hat he has just recovered from amnesia
(c) that he has an agreeable personality
(d) that he has matured, experienced an insight
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
2. Where does the Woman retreat to in the Boston hotel?
3. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
4. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
5. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Willy never find true happiness?
2. What is one function of the figure of Ben in his last manifestation inside Willy's head?
3. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
4. Has Willy any idea of what it is that has caused his estrangement from Biff?
5. What is the significance of Happy's gift of flowers?
6. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
7. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
8. What is wrong with Happy's assertion that "the only dream you can have [is] to come out number one man."?
9. What insight does Biff experience in the few moments he does get to see Bill Oliver?
10. How does Biff feel about lying to his father about the Bill Oliver interview?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)