|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charley suggest to Linda that she might leave the graveside?
(a) He suggests that she looks tired and ill.
(b) He points out that it is getting cold.
(c) He tells her it looks like rain.
(d) He points out that it is getting dark.
2. What food does Happy want served at the restaurant?
(a) Lobster thermidor
(b) Balmain bugs imported from Australia, sauteed in garlic butter and served with wild rice and field mushrooms
(d) Large lobsters, claws on, cooked in champagne
3. What does Linda think is best?
(a) For Happy to clear away the garden tools
(b) For Willy to have supper
(c) For Biff to leave
(d) For Happy to leave
4. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
(a) She is annoyed at being fobbed off with flowers.
(b) She knows they deserted their father in the restaurant.
(c) They stole money from her.
(d) She missed out on having dinner at the restaurant.
5. What does Linda try to prevent Biff from doing?
(a) Talking to his father
(b) Going upstairs
(c) Accusing his father of lying
(d) Leaving for Alaska
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
2. What does Linda order her sons to do?
3. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
4. What size stockings does the woman demand?
5. What uncomfortable truth does Biff expose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Happy's refusal to go with Biff and make a life for themselves in the country.
2. How is it that Biff has come to regard his father as a hypocrite?
3. Why did Willy never find true happiness?
4. What is Willy's final fantasy?
5. In what way is Happy's betrayal of his father ironic?
6. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
7. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
8. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
9. What insight does Biff experience in the few moments he does get to see Bill Oliver?
10. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)