|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Biff passed Math in the past?
(a) By having his work re-marked
(b) Through practicing with Bernard
(c) Through cheating, Bernard giving him the answers.
(d) Through studying hard
2. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As an officer junior
(b) As a shipping clerk
(c) As a salesman
(d) As a janitor
3. What does Willy imagine his funeral will reveal about him?
(a) That he died the death of a salesman.
(b) That his life had been successful.
(c) That people appreciated his jokes and humor.
(d) His popularity and the affection and respect in which he is held.
4. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
(a) There are no more flowers to pick up.
(b) She refuses anymore to act as a maid for her sons.
(c) Happy picks up the flowers for her.
(d) Her back is painful.
5. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
(a) A liar, a rake and a phony
(b) A liar, a fake and a phony
(c) A phoney, a liar and a wizened Lothario
(d) A fake and a rake
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charley suggest to Linda that she might leave the graveside?
2. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
3. What uncomfortable truth does Biff expose?
4. What privilege does the Woman promise Willy?
5. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
2. What information about his meeting with Bill Oliver does Biff supply to Willy?
3. Account for Linda's bewilderment at Willy's suicide.
4. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
5. Explain Happy's refusal to go with Biff and make a life for themselves in the country.
6. What is wrong with Happy's assertion that "the only dream you can have [is] to come out number one man."?
7. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
8. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
9. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
10. Account for Willy's anger towards Biff.
This section contains 1,166 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)