|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
(b) Silver with a gold top
(d) Platinum with gold scrolling
2. What does Biff say about himself?
(a) That he is the scum of the earth.
(b) That he is a liar.
(c) That he is a man of the earth.
(d) That he is a great footballer.
3. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) A famous German dessert pastry
(b) The rallying call of a German soccer team
(c) An exclusive vintage wine
(d) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
4. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As a shipping clerk
(b) As a janitor
(c) As a salesman
(d) As an officer junior
5. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
(a) At a hardware store on Sixth Avenue
(b) At Bloomingdale's
(c) At Wal-Mmart
(d) At a hardware on the Eastside
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
2. What distance does Willy measure between the rows?
3. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
4. What size stockings does the woman demand?
5. Which character "never knew who he was?"
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way, according to Willy, does a man have to "add up to something" when he leaves this world?
2. How is it again made evident that Willy Loman "had the wrong dreams"?
3. Explain Happy's refusal to go with Biff and make a life for themselves in the country.
4. Has Willy any idea of what it is that has caused his estrangement from Biff?
5. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
6. Account for Willy's anger towards Biff.
7. What information about his meeting with Bill Oliver does Biff supply to Willy?
8. What is one function of the figure of Ben in his last manifestation inside Willy's head?
9. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
10. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)