|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Biff accuse Happy of telling?
(a) That he is head of sales.
(b) That he is office manager.
(c) That he is getting married.
(d) That he is an assistant buyer.
2. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
(a) The rubber tube from the vicinity of the heater
(b) A gardening boot
(c) Bill Oliver's fountain pen
(d) The stockings left by the Woman in Boston
3. What other device is Willy using?
(a) A watering-can
(b) A flashlight
(c) A hurricane lantern
(d) A lawn edger
4. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
(a) She missed out on having dinner at the restaurant.
(b) She knows they deserted their father in the restaurant.
(c) She is annoyed at being fobbed off with flowers.
(d) They stole money from her.
5. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
(a) "He has to catch a train in the morning."
(b) "He's been under a lot of pressure lately."
(c) "He's just a little overstrung."
(d) "He's having a breakdown."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the presence of the Woman given away?
2. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
3. What food does Happy want served at the restaurant?
4. Where does the Woman retreat to in the Boston hotel?
5. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
2. In what way, according to Willy, does a man have to "add up to something" when he leaves this world?
3. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
4. Is Death of a Salesman an uncompromising indictment of "The American Dream"?
5. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
6. What information about his meeting with Bill Oliver does Biff supply to Willy?
7. Is Charley's summation of Willy and his life as a salesman an accurate one?
8. What insight does Biff experience in the few moments he does get to see Bill Oliver?
9. Account for Willy's anger towards Biff.
10. What is one function of the figure of Ben in his last manifestation inside Willy's head?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)