|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
(a) A future with him in the country
(b) A partnership in a sporting goods retail enterprize
(c) To split the insurance money
(d) A free dinner at Frank's Chop House
2. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
(b) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(c) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(d) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
3. How much money is involved?
(a) Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars
(b) Twenty thousand dollars
(c) Two hundred thousand dollars
(d) Fifty thousand dollars
4. What size stockings does the woman demand?
(a) Size nine
(b) Size sixteen
(c) Size five
(d) Size eight
5. How does Linda react to Charley's words at the beginning of the scene?
(a) She cries.
(b) She does not react.
(c) She thanks him.
(d) She shoves him angrily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
2. How does Happy advise his brother to deal with the Bill Oliver matter?
3. Who brings flowers for Linda?
4. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
5. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Willy's life echoed in Biff's account of his attempt to see Bill Oliver?
2. In what way, according to Willy, does a man have to "add up to something" when he leaves this world?
3. Why does Charlie reply with just a grunt to Happy's angry attitude to his father's suicide and claim that "We would've helped him."?
4. What is the effect of Willy's words, "The gist of it is that I haven't got a story left in my head."?
5. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
6. Has Willy any idea of what it is that has caused his estrangement from Biff?
7. Explain Happy's refusal to go with Biff and make a life for themselves in the country.
8. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
9. What information about his meeting with Bill Oliver does Biff supply to Willy?
10. Account for Willy's anger towards Biff.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)