|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
(b) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(c) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
(d) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
2. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
(a) that he has matured, experienced an insight
(b) hat he has just recovered from amnesia
(c) that he has a bad habit of talking down to other people
(d) that he has an agreeable personality
3. Ben refers to ____________ when he says: 'It's dark there, but full of diamonds."
(b) The jungle
4. What are the types of seeds Willy is planting?
(a) Carrots, beets and lettuce
(b) Tomatoes, radishes and carrots
(c) Lettuce, beans and tomatoes
(d) Radishes, carrots and beets
5. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
(a) When he was working "with his customers."
(b) When he was working "with a batch of cement."
(c) When he was on the road, traveling "with a smile and a shoeshine."
(d) When he was at home, eating American cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willy doing in the garden?
2. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
3. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
4. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
5. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Account for Linda's bewilderment at Willy's suicide.
2. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
3. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
4. Explain Happy's refusal to go with Biff and make a life for themselves in the country.
5. Is Charley's summation of Willy and his life as a salesman an accurate one?
6. In what way is Willy's life echoed in Biff's account of his attempt to see Bill Oliver?
7. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
8. Account for Willy's anger towards Biff.
9. What information about his meeting with Bill Oliver does Biff supply to Willy?
10. How does Biff feel about lying to his father about the Bill Oliver interview?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)