|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman wearing?
(a) A black slip
(b) A camisole
(c) A hat
(d) A towel
2. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
(b) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
(c) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(d) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
3. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As a janitor
(b) As an officer junior
(c) As a shipping clerk
(d) As a salesman
4. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
(b) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(c) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(d) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
5. From where did Biff leave to travel to Boston to find his father?
(a) Grand Central
(b) Brooklyn Bridge
(d) Union Station
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Linda bewildered about Willy's suicide?
2. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
3. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
4. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
5. What is Charley's assessment of the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Charley's summation of Willy and his life as a salesman an accurate one?
2. How does Biff feel about lying to his father about the Bill Oliver interview?
3. What is the significance of Happy's gift of flowers?
4. How is it that Biff has come to regard his father as a hypocrite?
5. What insight does Biff experience in the few moments he does get to see Bill Oliver?
6. How is it again made evident that Willy Loman "had the wrong dreams"?
7. According to Biff, what is at the core of Willy's (and his own) problems?
8. In what way is Happy's betrayal of his father ironic?
9. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
10. Is Death of a Salesman an uncompromising indictment of "The American Dream"?
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)