|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Happy's version of the great dream?
(a) To buy a condo in Florida
(b) To be merchandise manager
(c) To come out number-one man
(d) To buy a ranch and build guest houses on it
2. What does Charley say a salesman is not?
(a) A mechanic, a lawyer or a doctor
(b) An artist or intellectual
(d) Deserving of a large funeral
3. What size stockings does the woman demand?
(a) Size five
(b) Size nine
(c) Size eight
(d) Size sixteen
4. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
5. Which character is excited about jury duty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What implement is Willy using?
2. What does Linda think is best?
3. What makes Linda bewildered about Willy's suicide?
4. Biff speaking to whom when he says "'I know who I am, kid."
5. What distance does Willy measure between the rows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Happy's gift of flowers?
2. How is it that Biff has come to regard his father as a hypocrite?
3. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
4. Is Charley's summation of Willy and his life as a salesman an accurate one?
5. Account for Willy's anger towards Biff.
6. How is the fact of Willy's severe disintegration communicated to the audience?
7. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
8. In what way is Happy's betrayal of his father ironic?
9. What insight does Biff experience in the few moments he does get to see Bill Oliver?
10. What is wrong with Happy's assertion that "the only dream you can have [is] to come out number one man."?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)