|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
(a) A future with him in the country
(b) A free dinner at Frank's Chop House
(c) A partnership in a sporting goods retail enterprize
(d) To split the insurance money
2. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
(a) He says he cannot be blamed and cries.
(b) He admits them, ashamed.
(c) He tells more lies.
(d) He rejects them, blustering.
3. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
(a) There are no more flowers to pick up.
(b) Her back is painful.
(c) Happy picks up the flowers for her.
(d) She refuses anymore to act as a maid for her sons.
4. What lie does Biff accuse Happy of telling?
(a) That he is an assistant buyer.
(b) That he is getting married.
(c) That he is head of sales.
(d) That he is office manager.
5. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
(b) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(c) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
(d) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound can be heard behind Linda's last speech?
2. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
3. What is Charley's assessment of the funeral?
4. What food does Happy want served at the restaurant?
5. What implement is Willy using?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one function of the figure of Ben in his last manifestation inside Willy's head?
2. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
3. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
4. What information about his meeting with Bill Oliver does Biff supply to Willy?
5. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
6. How is the fact of Willy's severe disintegration communicated to the audience?
7. Is Death of a Salesman an uncompromising indictment of "The American Dream"?
8. Explain Happy's refusal to go with Biff and make a life for themselves in the country.
9. What is the significance of Happy's gift of flowers?
10. What is the effect of Willy's words, "The gist of it is that I haven't got a story left in my head."?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)