|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What valuable observation does Biff make about his father's legacy?
(a) That Willy showed them all that you needed to keep smiling to avoid failure.
(b) That it should just be enough to support Linda for the rest of her life.
(c) That there is more of him in the front stoop than in all his sales.
(d) That they had better hurry and put in the claim for it.
2. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
(a) The mechanic
(b) The doctor
(c) The insurance company
(d) The dentist
3. What does Happy fail to see in Biff's offer?
(a) He cannot see how it will make him any quick money.
(b) He cannot see how it will find him planty of girlfriends.
(c) He cannot see that he will have to work hard.
(d) He cannot see that it is an opportunity.
4. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(b) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
(c) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(d) That Linda would hate and despise him.
5. What caution does Ben offer?
(a) It's a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.
(b) It's not a good idea to fight fair with a stranger.
(c) The amount invested might not be sufficient.
(d) The policy might not be honored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
2. From where did Biff leave to travel to Boston to find his father?
3. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
4. What does Linda think is best?
5. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
2. How is it again made evident that Willy Loman "had the wrong dreams"?
3. What is wrong with Happy's assertion that "the only dream you can have [is] to come out number one man."?
4. What information about his meeting with Bill Oliver does Biff supply to Willy?
5. Account for Linda's bewilderment at Willy's suicide.
6. Why did Willy never find true happiness?
7. In what way, according to Willy, does a man have to "add up to something" when he leaves this world?
8. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
9. According to Biff, what is at the core of Willy's (and his own) problems?
10. How is it that Biff has come to regard his father as a hypocrite?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)