|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical instrument can be heard as the scene changes?
(a) A ukelele
(b) A harmonica
(c) A flute
(d) A violin
2. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
(a) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons and her room is being painted.
(b) He says she is a buyer for Westinghouse and has lost her car keys.
(c) He says she is a visiting executive who has been accidentally locked out of her room.
(d) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons who is running away from a violent husband.
3. Ben refers to ____________ when he says: 'It's dark there, but full of diamonds."
(c) The jungle
4. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
(b) Scapegoating another person
5. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
(a) He rejects them, blustering.
(b) He admits them, ashamed.
(c) He says he cannot be blamed and cries.
(d) He tells more lies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Linda bewildered about Willy's suicide?
2. What does Linda ask Willy to forgive?
3. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
4. What does Happy want to show everyone?
5. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
2. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
3. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
4. How does Biff feel about lying to his father about the Bill Oliver interview?
5. How is it again made evident that Willy Loman "had the wrong dreams"?
6. What is one function of the figure of Ben in his last manifestation inside Willy's head?
7. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
8. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
9. How is it that Biff has come to regard his father as a hypocrite?
10. What is the effect of Willy's words, "The gist of it is that I haven't got a story left in my head."?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)