|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(b) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
(c) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
(d) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
2. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
(a) Birnbaum is jealous of Biff's looks.
(b) Birnbaum caught Biff kissing his daughter behind the bicycle sheds.
(c) Birnbaum was jealous because Biff was actually better at calculus than was his teacher.
(d) Binbaum caught Biff mimicking him in front of the other students.
3. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
(a) Platinum with gold scrolling
(d) Silver with a gold top
4. What does Linda order her sons to do?
(a) To help Willy plant his seeds.
(b) To pack their things and leave immediately.
(c) To apologize to their father.
(d) To give their father some money.
5. What does Linda ask Willy to forgive?
(a) Her inability to cope
(b) Her inability to cry
(c) That she kept darning her silk stockings
(d) That she was not also in the car when it crashed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
2. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
3. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
4. What does Willy imagine his funeral will reveal about him?
5. How has Biff passed Math in the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
2. How is it again made evident that Willy Loman "had the wrong dreams"?
3. What is the significance of Happy's gift of flowers?
4. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
5. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
6. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
7. How is it that Biff has come to regard his father as a hypocrite?
8. According to Biff, what is at the core of Willy's (and his own) problems?
9. In what way is Happy's betrayal of his father ironic?
10. How is the fact of Willy's severe disintegration communicated to the audience?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)