|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
(c) Silver with a gold top
(d) Platinum with gold scrolling
2. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
3. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
(a) He takes off at a jog.
(b) He looks around thoughtfully.
(c) He refuses and stands close to her.
(d) He hesitates.
4. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
(a) Oral Roberts University
(b) The University of Virginia
5. What is Happy's version of the great dream?
(a) To buy a condo in Florida
(b) To buy a ranch and build guest houses on it
(c) To come out number-one man
(d) To be merchandise manager
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
2. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
3. How does Linda react to Charley's words at the beginning of the scene?
4. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
5. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Charley's summation of Willy and his life as a salesman an accurate one?
2. Has Willy any idea of what it is that has caused his estrangement from Biff?
3. In what way, according to Willy, does a man have to "add up to something" when he leaves this world?
4. Explain Happy's refusal to go with Biff and make a life for themselves in the country.
5. What is Willy's reaction to Biff's attempt to tell the day's events truthfully?
6. How is it that Biff has come to regard his father as a hypocrite?
7. How is the fact of Willy's severe disintegration communicated to the audience?
8. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
9. Why did Willy never find true happiness?
10. In what way is Happy's betrayal of his father ironic?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)