|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
(a) The University of Virginia
(d) Oral Roberts University
2. What does Biff notice when he is in Bill Oliver's office?
(a) That there are fine pictures, a dado rail and Huon pine paneling.
(b) That it has paneled walls.
(c) That there is a mahogany desk with a fountain pen lying on the blotter.
(d) That there is a wire recorder on the desk.
3. How long does Biff wait to see Bill Oliver?
(a) Six minutes
(b) Two hours
(c) Six hours
(d) Ten minutes
4. What does Charley say is an "earthquake" for a salesman?
(a) When he drives off a bridge.
(b) When sales fall and he is sacked.
(c) When people stop smiling back.
(d) When he has to spend a week in San Francisco.
5. What does Linda ask Willy to forgive?
(a) Her inability to cry
(b) That she kept darning her silk stockings
(c) Her inability to cope
(d) That she was not also in the car when it crashed
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
2. What distance does Willy measure between the rows?
3. Which character "never knew who he was?"
4. What size stockings does the woman demand?
5. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Biff, what is at the core of Willy's (and his own) problems?
2. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
3. Why did Willy never find true happiness?
4. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
5. What is the effect of Willy's words, "The gist of it is that I haven't got a story left in my head."?
6. How is the fact of Willy's severe disintegration communicated to the audience?
7. Is Charley's summation of Willy and his life as a salesman an accurate one?
8. Account for Linda's bewilderment at Willy's suicide.
9. How is it again made evident that Willy Loman "had the wrong dreams"?
10. What is Willy's final fantasy?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)