|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
(a) They went too far.
(b) They were nghtmarish.
(c) They were wrong.
(d) They did not go far enough.
2. What caution does Ben offer?
(a) It's a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.
(b) The policy might not be honored.
(c) The amount invested might not be sufficient.
(d) It's not a good idea to fight fair with a stranger.
3. How do we know the scene takes place at the close of the day?
(a) Linda says: "Oh, it's getting dark."
(b) The stage directions indicate this.
(c) Charley says: 'It's getting Dark, Linda."
(d) The moon can be seen coming up.
4. What is Charley's assessment of the funeral?
(a) It was moving.
(b) It was very nice.
(c) It should not have happened yet.
(d) It was too cheap.
5. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
(a) He admits them, ashamed.
(b) He rejects them, blustering.
(c) He tells more lies.
(d) He says he cannot be blamed and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
2. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
3. Did his funeral meet Willy's expectations?
4. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
5. What does Charley say causes an earthquake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Willy's reaction to Biff's attempt to tell the day's events truthfully?
2. Has Willy any idea of what it is that has caused his estrangement from Biff?
3. Did Willy Loman die in vain?
4. How is the fact of Willy's severe disintegration communicated to the audience?
5. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
6. What insight does Biff experience in the few moments he does get to see Bill Oliver?
7. Why did Willy never find true happiness?
8. How does Biff feel about lying to his father about the Bill Oliver interview?
9. What is wrong with Happy's assertion that "the only dream you can have [is] to come out number one man."?
10. Why does Charlie reply with just a grunt to Happy's angry attitude to his father's suicide and claim that "We would've helped him."?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)