|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings flowers for Linda?
(a) Bill Oliver
2. What is the name of the hotel where Willy is staying in Boston?
(a) The Standish Arms
(b) The King's Arms
(c) The Hilton
(d) The Dorchester
3. How has Biff passed Math in the past?
(a) Through studying hard
(b) By having his work re-marked
(c) Through cheating, Bernard giving him the answers.
(d) Through practicing with Bernard
4. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
(a) He no longer has respect for his father.
(b) He thinks it is now too late. He does not think Willy can argue well enough.
(c) He does not think Math is important.
(d) He knows it really would not work.
5. What caution does Ben offer?
(a) It's a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.
(b) It's not a good idea to fight fair with a stranger.
(c) The policy might not be honored.
(d) The amount invested might not be sufficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
2. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
3. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
4. What lie does Biff accuse Happy of telling?
5. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
2. What is the significance of Happy's gift of flowers?
3. How is the fact of Willy's severe disintegration communicated to the audience?
4. Has Willy any idea of what it is that has caused his estrangement from Biff?
5. Explain Happy's refusal to go with Biff and make a life for themselves in the country.
6. Is Biff correct in saying of Willy that "He never knew who he was."?
7. In what way, according to Willy, does a man have to "add up to something" when he leaves this world?
8. In what way is Willy's life echoed in Biff's account of his attempt to see Bill Oliver?
9. According to Biff, what is at the core of Willy's (and his own) problems?
10. Account for Linda's bewilderment at Willy's suicide.
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)