|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do we know the scene takes place at the close of the day?
(a) The moon can be seen coming up.
(b) Linda says: "Oh, it's getting dark."
(c) Charley says: 'It's getting Dark, Linda."
(d) The stage directions indicate this.
2. Which character "never knew who he was?"
3. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
(a) At a hardware store on Sixth Avenue
(b) At Wal-Mmart
(c) At Bloomingdale's
(d) At a hardware on the Eastside
4. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As an officer junior
(b) As a janitor
(c) As a shipping clerk
(d) As a salesman
5. What does Happy fail to see in Biff's offer?
(a) He cannot see how it will find him planty of girlfriends.
(b) He cannot see how it will make him any quick money.
(c) He cannot see that he will have to work hard.
(d) He cannot see that it is an opportunity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Biff speaking to whom when he says "'I know who I am, kid."
2. What sound can be heard behind Linda's last speech?
3. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
4. What is Willy doing in the garden?
5. What does Happy want to show everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which personal qualities does Happy reveal when Miss Forsythe enters the restaurant and he talks to her?
2. What insight does Biff experience in the few moments he does get to see Bill Oliver?
3. How does Biff feel about lying to his father about the Bill Oliver interview?
4. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
5. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
6. How is it that Biff has come to regard his father as a hypocrite?
7. Why does Linda want to prevent the boys speaking to their father?
8. In what way, according to Willy, does a man have to "add up to something" when he leaves this world?
9. What is wrong with Happy's assertion that "the only dream you can have [is] to come out number one man."?
10. In what way is Happy's betrayal of his father ironic?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)