|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) Two large sample cases
(b) An attache case and a large sample case
(c) A very large sample bag
(d) Take-out meals
2. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(b) Always fight fair with a stranger.
(c) Never fight fair with a stranger.
(d) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
3. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
(a) Thirty-five years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Twenty-five years
(d) Thirty years
4. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Willy is fired.
(b) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
(c) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
(d) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
5. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Bill Oliver
(b) Ben Loman
(c) Willy Loman
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
2. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
3. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
4. What advice does Willy remember Ben giving him?
5. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on Willy's "Dave Singleman" speech.
2. What is Willy's mood when he leaves for his interview with Howard Wagner?
3. What does Biff suggest he and Happy do to change their lives?
4. How do the Lomans react to Bernard's news that Biff must study for his coming exams?
5. What reassuring news does Linda give Biff when he phones her?
6. Comment about Willy's assertion that "I never in my life told him anything but decent things."
7. In the first few minutes of the play, what indications are there that Willy has an affinity with the artistic and creative?
8. As this scene (inside Willy's head) continues, what false idea does Willy peddle to his sons?
9. In the card game scene, what evidence of Willy's unused abilities is presented?
10. What does this conversation with Biff reveal about Happy's character?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)