|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
(a) He says he will buy a new blue suit.
(b) He says he will get the boys to help him plant some seeds.
(c) He says he would like to buy some seeds.
(d) He says he will talk to Bill Oliver.
2. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) A very large sample bag
(b) Two large sample cases
(c) Take-out meals
(d) An attache case and a large sample case
3. What great misconception does Willy express to Ben?
(a) That all you need to offer is loyalty and the rest will follow.
(b) That people will always keep their word.
(c) That a man can end up rich just by being liked.
(d) That all anyone needs is a case of samples.
4. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That Willy drives too fast.
(b) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(c) That Willy is behind in the premium.
(d) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
5. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
(b) It annoys other people in the lift.
(c) It indicates he is over confident.
(d) It is tuneless.
Short Answer Questions
1. All the old buyers who loved Willy are ___________.
2. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
3. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
4. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
5. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment about Willy's assertion that "I never in my life told him anything but decent things."
2. What is Willy's mood when he leaves for his interview with Howard Wagner?
3. In what picturesque way does Linda reinforce for Biff that his father needs support and nurturing?
4. What erratic behavior of Willy's indicates that he is disintegrating emotionally?
5. In what way does the commercial world intrude into the wire recorder demonstration?
6. Comment on Willy's "Dave Singleman" speech.
7. Explain the significance of Ben's words, "I have many enterprises, William, and I have never kept books."
8. What does Biff suggest he and Happy do to change their lives?
9. How does Biff respond to Happy's question about his plans for the future?
10. Comment on the "gay and bright" music that is heard at the beginning of Act 2.
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)