|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
(a) The car breaks down.
(b) A woman yells at him.
(c) He runs off the road.
(d) He allows the car to veer over the white line.
2. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It annoys other people in the lift.
(b) It indicates he is over confident.
(c) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
(d) It is tuneless.
3. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
4. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
(b) Someone like his mother
(c) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
(d) Someone with financial experience
5. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Shipping clerk and salesman
(b) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(c) Salesman and cattle herder
(d) Businessman and sales clerk
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
2. What does Willy find ironic about people?
3. What does Biff say would make him happy?
4. Where was Ben living when he died?
5. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on the "gay and bright" music that is heard at the beginning of Act 2.
2. What does Biff suggest he and Happy do to change their lives?
3. What is Willy's mood when he leaves for his interview with Howard Wagner?
4. What is Happy's attitude to the news that his father is contemplating suicide?
5. Why does Willy say '"Im always in a race with the junkyard!"?
6. What erratic behavior of Willy's indicates that he is disintegrating emotionally?
7. What reassuring news does Linda give Biff when he phones her?
8. As this scene (inside Willy's head) continues, what false idea does Willy peddle to his sons?
9. What is the significance of the way the Loman house is presented when the play begins?
10. In what picturesque way does Linda reinforce for Biff that his father needs support and nurturing?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)