|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Stage hands moving sets about
(b) A melody played on a flute.
(c) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(d) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
2. What does Willy admit to Charley?
(a) That he kissed Howard's secretary.
(b) That Howard verbally abused him.
(c) That he has been stealing from Howard.
(d) That Howard fired him.
3. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(b) That she has dyed her hair
(c) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
(d) The new night dress she is wearing
4. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
(a) His wife and family
(b) The things he can sell
(c) His freedom
(d) His house
5. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
(a) He works harder.
(b) He is fatter.
(c) He earns less money.
(d) He has more good in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
2. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
3. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
4. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
5. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is the contrast between Willy's dreams and reality expressed in his conversation with Linda?
2. Comment about Willy's assertion that "I never in my life told him anything but decent things."
3. What is the importance of Howard Wagner's new wire recorder?
4. What is revealed about teenage Biff's popularity with girls?
5. Why has Willy unexpectedly returned from his journey?
6. What erratic behavior of Willy's indicates that he is disintegrating emotionally?
7. Why does Willy say '"Im always in a race with the junkyard!"?
8. In what way is Linda realistic about life?
9. As this scene (inside Willy's head) continues, what false idea does Willy peddle to his sons?
10. In the card game scene, what evidence of Willy's unused abilities is presented?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)