|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
(a) He buys it at Wal-Mmart.
(b) He has Ben import the lumber from Alaska.
(c) He and Charlie steal the materials from a building site.
(d) He has Biff and Happy steal from a building site.
2. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In the fur trade
(b) In Alaskan exploration
(c) In oil
(d) In diamond mines
3. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
4. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In New York
(b) In Florida
(c) In Yonkers
(d) In New England
5. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
(a) His freedom
(b) His wife and family
(c) The things he can sell
(d) His house
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ben living when he died?
2. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
3. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
4. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
5. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reassuring news does Linda give Biff when he phones her?
2. Explain the significance of Ben's words, "I have many enterprises, William, and I have never kept books."
3. What is the importance of Howard Wagner's new wire recorder?
4. Why does Willy say '"Im always in a race with the junkyard!"?
5. In what way does the commercial world intrude into the wire recorder demonstration?
6. In what way is Linda realistic about life?
7. Comment on Willy's "Dave Singleman" speech.
8. In the card game scene, what evidence of Willy's unused abilities is presented?
9. What does this conversation with Biff reveal about Happy's character?
10. What is the significance of the way the Loman house is presented when the play begins?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)