|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
(a) His wife and family
(b) His house
(c) The things he can sell
(d) His freedom
2. Of what does Charley accuse Willy?
(a) Dominating Linda
(b) Stealing his lumber
(c) Being in love with his wife
(d) Being jealous of him all his life
3. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Someone like his mother
(b) Someone with financial experience
(c) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
(d) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
4. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(c) Morris Minor
5. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(b) They have a heavy mortgage.
(c) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(d) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point did Biff's attitude change, according to Bernard?
2. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
3. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
4. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
5. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What erratic behavior of Willy's indicates that he is disintegrating emotionally?
2. Comment on the "gay and bright" music that is heard at the beginning of Act 2.
3. What is the significance of the way the Loman house is presented when the play begins?
4. What is Willy's mood when he leaves for his interview with Howard Wagner?
5. Comment on Willy's "Dave Singleman" speech.
6. In what way does the commercial world intrude into the wire recorder demonstration?
7. What reassuring news does Linda give Biff when he phones her?
8. What is revealed about teenage Biff's popularity with girls?
9. What does Biff suggest he and Happy do to change their lives?
10. What is the importance of Howard Wagner's new wire recorder?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)