|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(b) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(c) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
(d) Living on a farm
2. What promise does Willy believe Howard made to him during the Christmas party?
(a) That he would try to find a job for him in town.
(b) That he would pay Willy a bonus.
(c) That he will let Willy head up a new branch in Yonkers.
(d) That Willy will receive a substantial pay rise.
3. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
(a) For over a year
(b) For over six months
(c) For over three months
(d) She has always been able to contact Biff.
4. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(b) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(c) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(d) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
5. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) His big spending and his sense of humor
(b) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
(c) The presents he gives her
(d) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
2. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
3. What does Linda think will happen in Biff's meeting with Bill Oliver?
4. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
5. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Happy's attitude to the news that his father is contemplating suicide?
2. Why does Willy say '"Im always in a race with the junkyard!"?
3. Comment on the "gay and bright" music that is heard at the beginning of Act 2.
4. In what sense is Willy ironic when he comments that it is obscene for Biff not to have found himself by the age of thirty-four?
5. Explain the significance of Ben's words, "I have many enterprises, William, and I have never kept books."
6. What reassuring news does Linda give Biff when he phones her?
7. As this scene (inside Willy's head) continues, what false idea does Willy peddle to his sons?
8. In what way does the commercial world intrude into the wire recorder demonstration?
9. What is Willy's mood when he leaves for his interview with Howard Wagner?
10. In what picturesque way does Linda reinforce for Biff that his father needs support and nurturing?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)