|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(b) Willy has been talking to himself.
(c) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(d) Willy has been mocking Biff.
2. At what point did Biff's attitude change, according to Bernard?
(a) Biff's attendance at a religious crusade
(b) Biff's conversation with the football coach
(c) Biff's trip to Boston
(d) Biff's trip to Yonkers
3. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That Willy drives too fast.
(b) That Willy is behind in the premium.
(c) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(d) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
4. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
(a) Forty-three years
(b) Thirty-four years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Forty years
5. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
(a) That Happy is about to be married.
(b) That he has stolen Howard's fountain pen.
(c) That Biff discovered a secret in Boston.
(d) That Charley is the only friend he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
2. All the old buyers who loved Willy are ___________.
3. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
4. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
5. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of Howard Wagner's new wire recorder?
2. How do the Lomans react to Bernard's news that Biff must study for his coming exams?
3. What is the significance of the way the Loman house is presented when the play begins?
4. What is Linda's attitude to Willy's return?
5. Why does Willy say '"Im always in a race with the junkyard!"?
6. In what way is Linda realistic about life?
7. What is it that prevents Willy from accepting the offer of a job from Charley?
8. In what sense is Willy ironic when he comments that it is obscene for Biff not to have found himself by the age of thirty-four?
9. Comment on the "gay and bright" music that is heard at the beginning of Act 2.
10. Comment on Willy's "Dave Singleman" speech.
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)