|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Charley accuse Willy?
(a) Being in love with his wife
(b) Dominating Linda
(c) Stealing his lumber
(d) Being jealous of him all his life
2. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
(a) Bernard says people do not trust Biff to commit.
(b) Bernard simply has no idea.
(c) Biff has never trained himself for anything.
(d) Biff has never been well-liked.
3. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To ask him for money
(b) To ask him for a job
(c) To pay back some money lent in the past
(d) To give him a job
4. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) Worrying about the mortgage
(b) Not being happy with Linda
(c) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(d) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
5. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(b) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(c) Always fight fair with a stranger.
(d) Never fight fair with a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
2. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
3. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
4. What advice does Willy remember Ben giving him?
5. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that prevents Willy from accepting the offer of a job from Charley?
2. What does Biff suggest he and Happy do to change their lives?
3. Comment on the "gay and bright" music that is heard at the beginning of Act 2.
4. What does this conversation with Biff reveal about Happy's character?
5. In what sense is Willy ironic when he comments that it is obscene for Biff not to have found himself by the age of thirty-four?
6. In what way does the commercial world intrude into the wire recorder demonstration?
7. What is Happy's attitude to the news that his father is contemplating suicide?
8. How does Biff respond to Happy's question about his plans for the future?
9. What is the significance of the way the Loman house is presented when the play begins?
10. Why has Willy unexpectedly returned from his journey?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)