|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ben living when he died?
2. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
(a) That Biff is "stuck up."
(b) That Biff is driving a car without a licence.
(c) That Biff has stolen a football.
(d) That Biff has Bernard help him cheat at Math.
3. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
(a) That he knows a good deal about the way basketballs are packed in cartons.
(b) That he knows sporting goods better than Spalding.
(c) That he knows sporting goods better than Adidas.
(d) That he has tried every brand, but Spalding is best.
4. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
5. At what point did Biff's attitude change, according to Bernard?
(a) Biff's trip to Yonkers
(b) Biff's trip to Boston
(c) Biff's attendance at a religious crusade
(d) Biff's conversation with the football coach
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
2. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
3. Why is Bernard in Charley's office?
4. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
5. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on Willy's "Dave Singleman" speech.
2. What is the importance of Howard Wagner's new wire recorder?
3. Comment on the "gay and bright" music that is heard at the beginning of Act 2.
4. What does the audience learn about Linda from her great confrontation with her sons in Act 1?
5. How does Biff respond to Happy's question about his plans for the future?
6. What is Happy's attitude to the news that his father is contemplating suicide?
7. Explain the significance of Ben's words, "I have many enterprises, William, and I have never kept books."
8. What is the significance of the way the Loman house is presented when the play begins?
9. In what way is the contrast between Willy's dreams and reality expressed in his conversation with Linda?
10. How do the Lomans react to Bernard's news that Biff must study for his coming exams?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)