Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
(a) They are not made by American companies.
(b) They wear out or break before he has fully paid for them.
(c) They have design faults.
(d) They are too expensive, badly designed and badly made.
2. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They have a heavy mortgage.
(b) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(c) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(d) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
3. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
(a) That he has no talent for earning money.
(b) That he looks like a walrus.
(c) That he looks like a salesman.
(d) That he has no character.
4. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Howard Wagner
(b) Howard Macy
(c) Brown and Morrison
(d) Wolf Biederman
5. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
(b) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(c) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(d) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
2. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
3. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
4. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
5. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Willy say '"Im always in a race with the junkyard!"?
2. What cautions does Ben advise concerning Willy's plan to commit suicide?
3. What is Linda's attitude to Willy's return?
4. In what sense is Willy ironic when he comments that it is obscene for Biff not to have found himself by the age of thirty-four?
5. What does this conversation with Biff reveal about Happy's character?
6. Explain the significance of Ben's words, "I have many enterprises, William, and I have never kept books."
7. What does the audience learn about Linda from her great confrontation with her sons in Act 1?
8. What is the significance of the way the Loman house is presented when the play begins?
9. How does Happy think Biff should handle telling Willy the bad news when he arrives at the restaurant?
10. What is the effect of Willy's words, "The gist of it is that I haven't got a story left in my head."?
This section contains 1,227 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)