|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biff say about himself?
(a) That he is a liar.
(b) That he is a great footballer.
(c) That he is the scum of the earth.
(d) That he is a man of the earth.
2. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
(b) The rallying call of a German soccer team
(c) A famous German dessert pastry
(d) An exclusive vintage wine
3. Which character "never knew who he was?"
4. What are the types of seeds Willy is planting?
(a) Tomatoes, radishes and carrots
(b) Radishes, carrots and beets
(c) Lettuce, beans and tomatoes
(d) Carrots, beets and lettuce
5. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
(a) He knows it really would not work.
(b) He no longer has respect for his father.
(c) He does not think Math is important.
(d) He thinks it is now too late. He does not think Willy can argue well enough.
6. What musical instrument can be heard as the scene changes?
(a) A harmonica
(b) A flute
(c) A violin
(d) A ukelele
7. What does Happy fail to see in Biff's offer?
(a) He cannot see that he will have to work hard.
(b) He cannot see how it will find him planty of girlfriends.
(c) He cannot see that it is an opportunity.
(d) He cannot see how it will make him any quick money.
8. What sound can be heard behind Linda's last speech?
(a) A flute
(b) A harmonica.
(c) Mozart's Requiem
(d) Verdi's Requiem
9. What makes Linda bewildered about Willy's suicide?
(a) He did not leave a note.
(b) They were just about free and clear financially.
(c) He could have had the job Charley offered.
(d) He never said goodbye to her.
10. How has Biff passed Math in the past?
(a) Through studying hard
(b) Through cheating, Bernard giving him the answers.
(c) Through practicing with Bernard
(d) By having his work re-marked
11. What is Charley's assessment of the funeral?
(a) It was moving.
(b) It was too cheap.
(c) It should not have happened yet.
(d) It was very nice.
12. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
(a) A liar, a fake and a phony
(b) A phoney, a liar and a wizened Lothario
(c) A liar, a rake and a phony
(d) A fake and a rake
13. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
(a) A gardening boot
(b) Bill Oliver's fountain pen
(c) The rubber tube from the vicinity of the heater
(d) The stockings left by the Woman in Boston
14. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(b) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
(c) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
(d) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
15. What valuable observation does Biff make about his father's legacy?
(a) That it should just be enough to support Linda for the rest of her life.
(b) That Willy showed them all that you needed to keep smiling to avoid failure.
(c) That they had better hurry and put in the claim for it.
(d) That there is more of him in the front stoop than in all his sales.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Biff wait to see Bill Oliver?
2. Why won't Willy shake hands with Biff?
3. How much money is involved?
4. Who brings flowers for Linda?
5. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)