|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Willy referring when he says, "He thinks I'm nothing?"
2. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He tells Happy he does not believe he would ever have helped Willy.
(c) He says he had not realized that would be the case.
(d) He simply grunts.
3. What distance does Willy measure between the rows?
(a) One chain
(b) One meter
(c) One foot
(d) One inch
4. What is Charley's assessment of the funeral?
(a) It was moving.
(b) It was very nice.
(c) It was too cheap.
(d) It should not have happened yet.
5. What is the name of the hotel where Willy is staying in Boston?
(a) The Hilton
(b) The Dorchester
(c) The King's Arms
(d) The Standish Arms
6. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
(a) A partnership in a sporting goods retail enterprize
(b) To split the insurance money
(c) A future with him in the country
(d) A free dinner at Frank's Chop House
7. What other device is Willy using?
(a) A lawn edger
(b) A flashlight
(c) A watering-can
(d) A hurricane lantern
8. What does Happy want to show everyone?
(a) That Willy Loman did not die in vain.
(b) That he, Happy, has the stuff of greatness in him.
(c) That Willy Loman had hidden some money behind the heater.
(d) That he can get married soon.
9. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
(b) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
(c) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(d) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
10. What caution does Ben offer?
(a) It's a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.
(b) The amount invested might not be sufficient.
(c) It's not a good idea to fight fair with a stranger.
(d) The policy might not be honored.
11. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
(a) She knows they deserted their father in the restaurant.
(b) They stole money from her.
(c) She missed out on having dinner at the restaurant.
(d) She is annoyed at being fobbed off with flowers.
12. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
(a) hat he has just recovered from amnesia
(b) that he has an agreeable personality
(c) that he has matured, experienced an insight
(d) that he has a bad habit of talking down to other people
13. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) That Linda would hate and despise him.
(b) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(c) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(d) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
14. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
(a) Birnbaum was jealous because Biff was actually better at calculus than was his teacher.
(b) Birnbaum is jealous of Biff's looks.
(c) Birnbaum caught Biff kissing his daughter behind the bicycle sheds.
(d) Binbaum caught Biff mimicking him in front of the other students.
15. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
(a) They went too far.
(b) They were wrong.
(c) They did not go far enough.
(d) They were nghtmarish.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
2. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
3. What does Linda ask Willy to forgive?
4. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
5. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)