|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
(a) come inside and have supper
(b) make a new will
(c) come with him to see Bill Oliver
(d) come inside and talk to Linda
2. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
(b) Silver with a gold top
(c) Platinum with gold scrolling
3. What is Charley's assessment of the funeral?
(a) It was moving.
(b) It was very nice.
(c) It should not have happened yet.
(d) It was too cheap.
4. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
(a) A phoney, a liar and a wizened Lothario
(b) A liar, a fake and a phony
(c) A liar, a rake and a phony
(d) A fake and a rake
5. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
(a) "He's just a little overstrung."
(b) "He's been under a lot of pressure lately."
(c) "He's having a breakdown."
(d) "He has to catch a train in the morning."
6. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
7. What does Charley say causes an earthquake?
(a) When people start to not smile back.
(b) Someone having an affair.
(c) The San Andreas Fault
(d) A young man flunking Math.
8. What privilege does the Woman promise Willy?
(a) That she will not tell anyone about their affair.
(b) That she will see he goes right through to the buyers.
(c) That she will get some silk stockings for Linda.
(d) That she will show Willy what is in the safe.
9. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
(a) For laughing at Willy
(b) For stealing tips
(c) For staring at Willy
(d) For not clearing the table
10. What does Happy want to show everyone?
(a) That Willy Loman did not die in vain.
(b) That Willy Loman had hidden some money behind the heater.
(c) That he can get married soon.
(d) That he, Happy, has the stuff of greatness in him.
11. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
(a) Great times riding in sleighs and dressing as Santa to amuse the boys
(b) Great times in Boston with the Woman
(c) Great times of comradeship with Biff
(d) Great times on the road and many successful sales
12. Did his funeral meet Willy's expectations?
(a) Yes. People came from Boston.
(b) No. Nobody came.
(c) Yes. People told Linda how Willy had made their lives happier.
(d) No. Only a few people sent flowers.
13. Who mentions that the cemetery gates will soon be closing?
14. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
(c) Scapegoating another person
15. What does Linda order her sons to do?
(a) To help Willy plant his seeds.
(b) To apologize to their father.
(c) To pack their things and leave immediately.
(d) To give their father some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
2. Biff speaking to whom when he says "'I know who I am, kid."
3. What does Charley say is an "earthquake" for a salesman?
4. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
5. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)