|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy imagine his funeral will reveal about him?
(a) That his life had been successful.
(b) That people appreciated his jokes and humor.
(c) His popularity and the affection and respect in which he is held.
(d) That he died the death of a salesman.
2. What is Happy's intent for the future?
(a) To have a great apartment and lots of girlfriends
(b) To carry on the same fight as his father
(c) To have a different drea
(d) To be a traveling salesman
3. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
(a) At Bloomingdale's
(b) At Wal-Mmart
(c) At a hardware store on Sixth Avenue
(d) At a hardware on the Eastside
4. What is it that "comes with the territory?"
(b) A shoeshine
(d) Mileage allowance
5. What is Willy doing in the garden?
(a) Watering the garden
(b) Sitting on the stoop, drinking
(c) Planting seeds
(d) Eating American cheese
6. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
(a) come inside and talk to Linda
(b) come inside and have supper
(c) come with him to see Bill Oliver
(d) make a new will
7. What does Linda order her sons to do?
(a) To pack their things and leave immediately.
(b) To help Willy plant his seeds.
(c) To apologize to their father.
(d) To give their father some money.
8. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
(a) A gardening boot
(b) The stockings left by the Woman in Boston
(c) Bill Oliver's fountain pen
(d) The rubber tube from the vicinity of the heater
9. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
(a) She missed out on having dinner at the restaurant.
(b) She is annoyed at being fobbed off with flowers.
(c) They stole money from her.
(d) She knows they deserted their father in the restaurant.
10. What makes Linda bewildered about Willy's suicide?
(a) He did not leave a note.
(b) He never said goodbye to her.
(c) He could have had the job Charley offered.
(d) They were just about free and clear financially.
11. What other device is Willy using?
(a) A hurricane lantern
(b) A flashlight
(c) A lawn edger
(d) A watering-can
12. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As a janitor
(b) As a shipping clerk
(c) As a salesman
(d) As an officer junior
13. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
(a) When he was on the road, traveling "with a smile and a shoeshine."
(b) When he was working "with a batch of cement."
(c) When he was working "with his customers."
(d) When he was at home, eating American cheese.
14. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
(a) Happy picks up the flowers for her.
(b) She refuses anymore to act as a maid for her sons.
(c) Her back is painful.
(d) There are no more flowers to pick up.
15. What does Linda try to prevent Biff from doing?
(a) Talking to his father
(b) Leaving for Alaska
(c) Going upstairs
(d) Accusing his father of lying
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Happy want to show everyone?
2. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
3. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
4. How long does Biff wait to see Bill Oliver?
5. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)