|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mentions that the cemetery gates will soon be closing?
2. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
(a) That he is a champagne salesman
(b) That he is a famous footballer
(c) That he sells silk stockings
(d) That Biff is a famous footballer
3. What does Linda ask Willy to forgive?
(a) That she kept darning her silk stockings
(b) That she was not also in the car when it crashed
(c) Her inability to cry
(d) Her inability to cope
4. What does Willy imagine his funeral will reveal about him?
(a) His popularity and the affection and respect in which he is held.
(b) That people appreciated his jokes and humor.
(c) That he died the death of a salesman.
(d) That his life had been successful.
5. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
(a) He has had to go interstate to work.
(b) He had gone overseas.
(c) There had been a family disagreement.
(d) He had gone to live with a girlfriend.
6. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
(a) Oral Roberts University
(d) The University of Virginia
7. What is the name of the hotel where Willy is staying in Boston?
(a) The Hilton
(b) The Standish Arms
(c) The Dorchester
(d) The King's Arms
8. What does Charley say a salesman is not?
(a) A mechanic, a lawyer or a doctor
(b) Deserving of a large funeral
(d) An artist or intellectual
9. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
(a) Great times of comradeship with Biff
(b) Great times in Boston with the Woman
(c) Great times on the road and many successful sales
(d) Great times riding in sleighs and dressing as Santa to amuse the boys
10. Ben refers to ____________ when he says: 'It's dark there, but full of diamonds."
(c) The jungle
11. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
(a) that he has matured, experienced an insight
(b) that he has an agreeable personality
(c) hat he has just recovered from amnesia
(d) that he has a bad habit of talking down to other people
12. What is Happy's intent for the future?
(a) To carry on the same fight as his father
(b) To have a great apartment and lots of girlfriends
(c) To have a different drea
(d) To be a traveling salesman
13. How do we know the scene takes place at the close of the day?
(a) The stage directions indicate this.
(b) Linda says: "Oh, it's getting dark."
(c) The moon can be seen coming up.
(d) Charley says: 'It's getting Dark, Linda."
14. What does Biff say about himself?
(a) That he is a great footballer.
(b) That he is a liar.
(c) That he is the scum of the earth.
(d) That he is a man of the earth.
15. What does Biff think Linda needs?
(a) Some money
(b) Some flowers
(c) Some new silk stockings
(d) Some rest
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
2. What caution does Ben offer?
3. What is the guaranteed proposition Willy refers to as he "speaks" to Ben?
4. What does Charley say is an "earthquake" for a salesman?
5. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)