|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caution does Ben offer?
(a) It's not a good idea to fight fair with a stranger.
(b) The policy might not be honored.
(c) It's a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.
(d) The amount invested might not be sufficient.
2. Which character "never knew who he was?"
3. What is Happy's version of the great dream?
(a) To come out number-one man
(b) To buy a condo in Florida
(c) To be merchandise manager
(d) To buy a ranch and build guest houses on it
4. What does Biff think Linda needs?
(a) Some new silk stockings
(b) Some flowers
(c) Some rest
(d) Some money
5. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
6. Biff speaking to whom when he says "'I know who I am, kid."
7. What food does Happy want served at the restaurant?
(a) Balmain bugs imported from Australia, sauteed in garlic butter and served with wild rice and field mushrooms
(c) Lobster thermidor
(d) Large lobsters, claws on, cooked in champagne
8. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
(a) There had been a family disagreement.
(b) He had gone overseas.
(c) He has had to go interstate to work.
(d) He had gone to live with a girlfriend.
9. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(b) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
(c) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(d) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
10. What is the guaranteed proposition Willy refers to as he "speaks" to Ben?
(a) The value of the mortgage
(b) His superannuation payout
(c) The payout on Ben's life insurance
(d) The payout on Willy's life insurance
11. Which character is excited about jury duty?
12. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
(a) He tells Happy he does not believe he would ever have helped Willy.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He says he had not realized that would be the case.
(d) He simply grunts.
13. What size stockings does the woman demand?
(a) Size eight
(b) Size sixteen
(c) Size nine
(d) Size five
14. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
(a) hat he has just recovered from amnesia
(b) that he has an agreeable personality
(c) that he has a bad habit of talking down to other people
(d) that he has matured, experienced an insight
15. What is the name of the hotel where Willy is staying in Boston?
(a) The Standish Arms
(b) The King's Arms
(c) The Dorchester
(d) The Hilton
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley say is an "earthquake" for a salesman?
2. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
3. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
4. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
5. How does Happy advise his brother to deal with the Bill Oliver matter?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)