|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
(a) The University of Virginia
(d) Oral Roberts University
2. How much money is involved?
(a) Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars
(b) Two hundred thousand dollars
(c) Fifty thousand dollars
(d) Twenty thousand dollars
3. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) That Linda would hate and despise him.
(b) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
(c) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(d) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
4. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
(a) That he is a champagne salesman
(b) That he is a famous footballer
(c) That Biff is a famous footballer
(d) That he sells silk stockings
5. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
(a) They stole money from her.
(b) She is annoyed at being fobbed off with flowers.
(c) She knows they deserted their father in the restaurant.
(d) She missed out on having dinner at the restaurant.
6. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
(a) Great times in Boston with the Woman
(b) Great times of comradeship with Biff
(c) Great times on the road and many successful sales
(d) Great times riding in sleighs and dressing as Santa to amuse the boys
7. What does Charley say causes an earthquake?
(a) The San Andreas Fault
(b) A young man flunking Math.
(c) Someone having an affair.
(d) When people start to not smile back.
8. What does Charley say a salesman is not?
(a) Deserving of a large funeral
(b) An artist or intellectual
(d) A mechanic, a lawyer or a doctor
9. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As a janitor
(b) As a shipping clerk
(c) As an officer junior
(d) As a salesman
10. What does Biff think Linda needs?
(a) Some rest
(b) Some flowers
(c) Some new silk stockings
(d) Some money
11. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
(a) For stealing tips
(b) For not clearing the table
(c) For laughing at Willy
(d) For staring at Willy
12. How does Charley suggest to Linda that she might leave the graveside?
(a) He points out that it is getting dark.
(b) He tells her it looks like rain.
(c) He suggests that she looks tired and ill.
(d) He points out that it is getting cold.
13. What does Willy imagine his funeral will reveal about him?
(a) His popularity and the affection and respect in which he is held.
(b) That his life had been successful.
(c) That he died the death of a salesman.
(d) That people appreciated his jokes and humor.
14. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
(a) He says he had not realized that would be the case.
(b) He simply grunts.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He tells Happy he does not believe he would ever have helped Willy.
15. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
2. What makes Linda bewildered about Willy's suicide?
3. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
4. What is Happy's version of the great dream?
5. What musical instrument can be heard as the scene changes?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)