|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charley suggest to Linda that she might leave the graveside?
(a) He tells her it looks like rain.
(b) He points out that it is getting dark.
(c) He points out that it is getting cold.
(d) He suggests that she looks tired and ill.
2. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
(a) The rubber tube from the vicinity of the heater
(b) A gardening boot
(c) Bill Oliver's fountain pen
(d) The stockings left by the Woman in Boston
3. What is the guaranteed proposition Willy refers to as he "speaks" to Ben?
(a) The payout on Ben's life insurance
(b) The value of the mortgage
(c) The payout on Willy's life insurance
(d) His superannuation payout
4. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
(a) Great times riding in sleighs and dressing as Santa to amuse the boys
(b) Great times of comradeship with Biff
(c) Great times on the road and many successful sales
(d) Great times in Boston with the Woman
5. What caution does Ben offer?
(a) It's not a good idea to fight fair with a stranger.
(b) The policy might not be honored.
(c) The amount invested might not be sufficient.
(d) It's a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.
6. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
(a) A liar, a rake and a phony
(b) A phoney, a liar and a wizened Lothario
(c) A liar, a fake and a phony
(d) A fake and a rake
7. What other device is Willy using?
(a) A lawn edger
(b) A watering-can
(c) A hurricane lantern
(d) A flashlight
8. What size stockings does the woman demand?
(a) Size sixteen
(b) Size five
(c) Size eight
(d) Size nine
9. What does Linda think is best?
(a) For Happy to leave
(b) For Biff to leave
(c) For Happy to clear away the garden tools
(d) For Willy to have supper
10. What musical instrument can be heard as the scene changes?
(a) A violin
(b) A flute
(c) A harmonica
(d) A ukelele
11. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
(a) They did not go far enough.
(b) They were nghtmarish.
(c) They went too far.
(d) They were wrong.
12. What are the types of seeds Willy is planting?
(a) Carrots, beets and lettuce
(b) Radishes, carrots and beets
(c) Lettuce, beans and tomatoes
(d) Tomatoes, radishes and carrots
13. What does Charley say is an "earthquake" for a salesman?
(a) When sales fall and he is sacked.
(b) When people stop smiling back.
(c) When he has to spend a week in San Francisco.
(d) When he drives off a bridge.
14. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
(b) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
(c) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
(d) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
15. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
(a) When he was working "with a batch of cement."
(b) When he was at home, eating American cheese.
(c) When he was working "with his customers."
(d) When he was on the road, traveling "with a smile and a shoeshine."
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
2. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
3. What does Biff say about himself?
4. To whom is Willy referring when he says, "He thinks I'm nothing?"
5. From where did Biff leave to travel to Boston to find his father?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)