|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Biff speaking to whom when he says "'I know who I am, kid."
2. What is Happy's version of the great dream?
(a) To buy a ranch and build guest houses on it
(b) To come out number-one man
(c) To buy a condo in Florida
(d) To be merchandise manager
3. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(b) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(c) That Linda would hate and despise him.
(d) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
4. Ben refers to ____________ when he says: 'It's dark there, but full of diamonds."
(a) The jungle
5. From where did Biff leave to travel to Boston to find his father?
(b) Brooklyn Bridge
(c) Union Station
(d) Grand Central
6. What does Happy fail to see in Biff's offer?
(a) He cannot see that it is an opportunity.
(b) He cannot see how it will make him any quick money.
(c) He cannot see how it will find him planty of girlfriends.
(d) He cannot see that he will have to work hard.
7. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
(b) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(c) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(d) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
8. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
(a) He admits them, ashamed.
(b) He tells more lies.
(c) He says he cannot be blamed and cries.
(d) He rejects them, blustering.
9. What does Charley say is an "earthquake" for a salesman?
(a) When sales fall and he is sacked.
(b) When he has to spend a week in San Francisco.
(c) When people stop smiling back.
(d) When he drives off a bridge.
10. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
(b) Platinum with gold scrolling
(d) Silver with a gold top
11. What does Biff notice when he is in Bill Oliver's office?
(a) That there is a wire recorder on the desk.
(b) That there is a mahogany desk with a fountain pen lying on the blotter.
(c) That it has paneled walls.
(d) That there are fine pictures, a dado rail and Huon pine paneling.
12. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
(a) For stealing tips
(b) For laughing at Willy
(c) For staring at Willy
(d) For not clearing the table
13. What distance does Willy measure between the rows?
(a) One chain
(b) One foot
(c) One meter
(d) One inch
14. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
(a) He thinks it is now too late. He does not think Willy can argue well enough.
(b) He knows it really would not work.
(c) He does not think Math is important.
(d) He no longer has respect for his father.
15. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
(a) At a hardware on the Eastside
(b) At a hardware store on Sixth Avenue
(c) At Bloomingdale's
(d) At Wal-Mmart
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley say causes an earthquake?
2. How is the presence of the Woman given away?
3. Who mentions that the cemetery gates will soon be closing?
4. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
5. What implement is Willy using?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)