|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
(a) Oral Roberts University
(b) The University of Virginia
2. What musical instrument can be heard as the scene changes?
(a) A harmonica
(b) A ukelele
(c) A violin
(d) A flute
3. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
(a) Great times riding in sleighs and dressing as Santa to amuse the boys
(b) Great times in Boston with the Woman
(c) Great times on the road and many successful sales
(d) Great times of comradeship with Biff
4. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
(a) "He's just a little overstrung."
(b) "He has to catch a train in the morning."
(c) "He's been under a lot of pressure lately."
(d) "He's having a breakdown."
5. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
(a) that he has a bad habit of talking down to other people
(b) that he has an agreeable personality
(c) that he has matured, experienced an insight
(d) hat he has just recovered from amnesia
6. What does Linda try to prevent Biff from doing?
(a) Talking to his father
(b) Going upstairs
(c) Accusing his father of lying
(d) Leaving for Alaska
7. What is the name of the hotel where Willy is staying in Boston?
(a) The King's Arms
(b) The Standish Arms
(c) The Hilton
(d) The Dorchester
8. What does Linda order her sons to do?
(a) To apologize to their father.
(b) To give their father some money.
(c) To pack their things and leave immediately.
(d) To help Willy plant his seeds.
9. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
(a) For not clearing the table
(b) For laughing at Willy
(c) For stealing tips
(d) For staring at Willy
10. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
(a) He rejects them, blustering.
(b) He says he cannot be blamed and cries.
(c) He admits them, ashamed.
(d) He tells more lies.
11. What does Charley say a salesman is not?
(b) An artist or intellectual
(c) A mechanic, a lawyer or a doctor
(d) Deserving of a large funeral
12. What lie does Biff accuse Happy of telling?
(a) That he is an assistant buyer.
(b) That he is office manager.
(c) That he is head of sales.
(d) That he is getting married.
13. What deal does Biff claim is discussed with Bill Oliver and his partner?
(a) The Fargo deal
(b) The Louisiana Purchase
(c) The Flushing Meadows deal
(d) The Florida deal
14. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
(a) At a hardware on the Eastside
(b) At Wal-Mmart
(c) At Bloomingdale's
(d) At a hardware store on Sixth Avenue
15. What is Linda's response to the flowers?
(a) She weeps, then throws them right back at the giver.
(b) She smiles grimly, then puts the flowers in a vase.
(c) She knocks them to the floor.
(d) She weeps a little and puts them to her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distance does Willy measure between the rows?
2. What sound can be heard behind Linda's last speech?
3. What privilege does the Woman promise Willy?
4. How does Charley suggest to Linda that she might leave the graveside?
5. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)