|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
(a) He tells Happy he does not believe he would ever have helped Willy.
(b) He simply grunts.
(c) He says he had not realized that would be the case.
(d) He laughs.
2. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
(a) She is annoyed at being fobbed off with flowers.
(b) She knows they deserted their father in the restaurant.
(c) She missed out on having dinner at the restaurant.
(d) They stole money from her.
3. What privilege does the Woman promise Willy?
(a) That she will show Willy what is in the safe.
(b) That she will see he goes right through to the buyers.
(c) That she will not tell anyone about their affair.
(d) That she will get some silk stockings for Linda.
4. How much money is involved?
(a) Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars
(b) Twenty thousand dollars
(c) Fifty thousand dollars
(d) Two hundred thousand dollars
5. How does Linda react to Charley's words at the beginning of the scene?
(a) She cries.
(b) She thanks him.
(c) She does not react.
(d) She shoves him angrily.
6. How long does Biff wait to see Bill Oliver?
(a) Six hours
(b) Two hours
(c) Ten minutes
(d) Six minutes
7. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
(a) The mechanic
(b) The dentist
(c) The insurance company
(d) The doctor
8. What does Biff notice when he is in Bill Oliver's office?
(a) That there are fine pictures, a dado rail and Huon pine paneling.
(b) That there is a mahogany desk with a fountain pen lying on the blotter.
(c) That there is a wire recorder on the desk.
(d) That it has paneled walls.
9. Who is Letta?
(a) Howard's secretary
(b) Miss Forsythe's friend
(c) The woman in Boston
(d) Charley's secretary
10. Where does the Woman retreat to in the Boston hotel?
(a) The pool-room
(b) The washroom
(c) The salon
(d) The ladies' bar
11. Who brings flowers for Linda?
(c) Bill Oliver
12. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
(a) Great times of comradeship with Biff
(b) Great times in Boston with the Woman
(c) Great times riding in sleighs and dressing as Santa to amuse the boys
(d) Great times on the road and many successful sales
13. Who does Happy dismiss as "just a guy?"
14. What does Charley say causes an earthquake?
(a) The San Andreas Fault
(b) Someone having an affair.
(c) A young man flunking Math.
(d) When people start to not smile back.
15. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(b) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
(c) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
(d) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the types of seeds Willy is planting?
2. What is it that "comes with the territory?"
3. What does Happy want to show everyone?
4. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
5. What is the guaranteed proposition Willy refers to as he "speaks" to Ben?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)