|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
(a) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons who is running away from a violent husband.
(b) He says she is a visiting executive who has been accidentally locked out of her room.
(c) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons and her room is being painted.
(d) He says she is a buyer for Westinghouse and has lost her car keys.
2. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
(a) The stockings left by the Woman in Boston
(b) Bill Oliver's fountain pen
(c) The rubber tube from the vicinity of the heater
(d) A gardening boot
3. Why won't Willy shake hands with Biff?
(a) He thinks Biff is the scum of the earth.
(b) His hands are dirty from gardening.
(c) He is angry that he didn't get any dinner at the restaurant.
(d) He thinks Biff is trying to spite him and is angry.
4. How does Happy advise his brother to deal with the Bill Oliver matter?
(a) He urges Biff to lie to Willy and pretend Bill Oliver is considering the matter.
(b) He advises Biff to go back and try again in a week.
(c) He urges Biff to return the fountain pen anonymously.
(d) He urges Biff to pretend Bill Oliver has offered the money unconditionally.
5. What uncomfortable truth does Biff expose?
(a) That Happy is gay.
(b) That Willy is having an affair.
(c) That no one in the house tells the truth.
(d) That Willy has been fired.
6. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
(a) He had gone to live with a girlfriend.
(b) He had gone overseas.
(c) He has had to go interstate to work.
(d) There had been a family disagreement.
7. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(b) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(c) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
(d) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
8. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) A famous German dessert pastry
(b) An exclusive vintage wine
(c) The rallying call of a German soccer team
(d) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
9. Who brings flowers for Linda?
(b) Bill Oliver
10. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
(a) The University of Virginia
(d) Oral Roberts University
11. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
(a) At a hardware on the Eastside
(b) At a hardware store on Sixth Avenue
(c) At Bloomingdale's
(d) At Wal-Mmart
12. Which character "never knew who he was?"
13. What is the appearance of Bill Oliver's fountain pen?
(b) Silver with a gold top
(d) Platinum with gold scrolling
14. What deal does Biff claim is discussed with Bill Oliver and his partner?
(a) The Flushing Meadows deal
(b) The Fargo deal
(c) The Louisiana Purchase
(d) The Florida deal
15. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
(a) A liar, a fake and a phony
(b) A liar, a rake and a phony
(c) A phoney, a liar and a wizened Lothario
(d) A fake and a rake
Short Answer Questions
1. What other device is Willy using?
2. What size stockings does the woman demand?
3. To whom is Willy referring when he says, "He thinks I'm nothing?"
4. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
5. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)