|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Linda's response to the flowers?
(a) She smiles grimly, then puts the flowers in a vase.
(b) She weeps, then throws them right back at the giver.
(c) She weeps a little and puts them to her face.
(d) She knocks them to the floor.
2. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
(b) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(c) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
(d) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
3. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
(a) make a new will
(b) come inside and have supper
(c) come with him to see Bill Oliver
(d) come inside and talk to Linda
4. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
(a) He says he had not realized that would be the case.
(b) He tells Happy he does not believe he would ever have helped Willy.
(c) He simply grunts.
(d) He laughs.
5. What makes Linda bewildered about Willy's suicide?
(a) They were just about free and clear financially.
(b) He never said goodbye to her.
(c) He could have had the job Charley offered.
(d) He did not leave a note.
6. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) A famous German dessert pastry
(b) The rallying call of a German soccer team
(c) An exclusive vintage wine
(d) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
7. What size stockings does the woman demand?
(a) Size nine
(b) Size eight
(c) Size five
(d) Size sixteen
8. Who does Happy dismiss as "just a guy?"
9. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
(a) The doctor
(b) The dentist
(c) The mechanic
(d) The insurance company
10. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
(a) They were wrong.
(b) They did not go far enough.
(c) They went too far.
(d) They were nghtmarish.
11. What is Happy's intent for the future?
(a) To have a great apartment and lots of girlfriends
(b) To have a different drea
(c) To carry on the same fight as his father
(d) To be a traveling salesman
12. How does Linda react to Charley's words at the beginning of the scene?
(a) She cries.
(b) She does not react.
(c) She shoves him angrily.
(d) She thanks him.
13. How has Biff passed Math in the past?
(a) Through practicing with Bernard
(b) Through studying hard
(c) Through cheating, Bernard giving him the answers.
(d) By having his work re-marked
14. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As an officer junior
(b) As a shipping clerk
(c) As a janitor
(d) As a salesman
15. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
(a) that he has a bad habit of talking down to other people
(b) that he has matured, experienced an insight
(c) hat he has just recovered from amnesia
(d) that he has an agreeable personality
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Biff leave to travel to Boston to find his father?
2. What is Willy doing in the garden?
3. What uncomfortable truth does Biff expose?
4. What sound can be heard behind Linda's last speech?
5. Where does the Woman retreat to in the Boston hotel?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)