|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
(a) He had gone to live with a girlfriend.
(b) He has had to go interstate to work.
(c) There had been a family disagreement.
(d) He had gone overseas.
2. How long does Biff wait to see Bill Oliver?
(a) Six minutes
(b) Two hours
(c) Six hours
(d) Ten minutes
3. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
(a) That he is a champagne salesman
(b) That Biff is a famous footballer
(c) That he sells silk stockings
(d) That he is a famous footballer
4. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) That Linda would hate and despise him.
(b) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(c) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(d) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
5. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
(a) that he has matured, experienced an insight
(b) hat he has just recovered from amnesia
(c) that he has a bad habit of talking down to other people
(d) that he has an agreeable personality
6. Why won't Willy shake hands with Biff?
(a) His hands are dirty from gardening.
(b) He thinks Biff is trying to spite him and is angry.
(c) He is angry that he didn't get any dinner at the restaurant.
(d) He thinks Biff is the scum of the earth.
7. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
8. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
(c) Scapegoating another person
9. What does Charley say causes an earthquake?
(a) Someone having an affair.
(b) A young man flunking Math.
(c) When people start to not smile back.
(d) The San Andreas Fault
10. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
(a) He looks around thoughtfully.
(b) He hesitates.
(c) He refuses and stands close to her.
(d) He takes off at a jog.
11. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
(a) Birnbaum caught Biff kissing his daughter behind the bicycle sheds.
(b) Binbaum caught Biff mimicking him in front of the other students.
(c) Birnbaum is jealous of Biff's looks.
(d) Birnbaum was jealous because Biff was actually better at calculus than was his teacher.
12. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As a salesman
(b) As a janitor
(c) As an officer junior
(d) As a shipping clerk
13. What are the types of seeds Willy is planting?
(a) Tomatoes, radishes and carrots
(b) Lettuce, beans and tomatoes
(c) Radishes, carrots and beets
(d) Carrots, beets and lettuce
14. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He simply grunts.
(c) He tells Happy he does not believe he would ever have helped Willy.
(d) He says he had not realized that would be the case.
15. What does Linda think is best?
(a) For Biff to leave
(b) For Happy to clear away the garden tools
(c) For Happy to leave
(d) For Willy to have supper
Short Answer Questions
1. What implement is Willy using?
2. How do we know the scene takes place at the close of the day?
3. What does Charley say a salesman is not?
4. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
5. What does Biff think Linda needs?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)