|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
(a) Great times riding in sleighs and dressing as Santa to amuse the boys
(b) Great times in Boston with the Woman
(c) Great times of comradeship with Biff
(d) Great times on the road and many successful sales
2. What implement is Willy using?
(a) An adze
(b) A hoe
(c) A rake
(d) A spade
3. How long does Biff wait to see Bill Oliver?
(a) Two hours
(b) Six minutes
(c) Six hours
(d) Ten minutes
4. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
(a) They went too far.
(b) They did not go far enough.
(c) They were nghtmarish.
(d) They were wrong.
5. What is it that "comes with the territory?"
(c) Mileage allowance
(d) A shoeshine
6. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
(a) Binbaum caught Biff mimicking him in front of the other students.
(b) Birnbaum was jealous because Biff was actually better at calculus than was his teacher.
(c) Birnbaum caught Biff kissing his daughter behind the bicycle sheds.
(d) Birnbaum is jealous of Biff's looks.
7. How does Charley suggest to Linda that she might leave the graveside?
(a) He suggests that she looks tired and ill.
(b) He tells her it looks like rain.
(c) He points out that it is getting dark.
(d) He points out that it is getting cold.
8. What does Linda ask Willy to forgive?
(a) That she was not also in the car when it crashed
(b) Her inability to cope
(c) That she kept darning her silk stockings
(d) Her inability to cry
9. What are the types of seeds Willy is planting?
(a) Radishes, carrots and beets
(b) Tomatoes, radishes and carrots
(c) Lettuce, beans and tomatoes
(d) Carrots, beets and lettuce
10. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
(a) For not clearing the table
(b) For stealing tips
(c) For laughing at Willy
(d) For staring at Willy
11. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) An exclusive vintage wine
(b) The rallying call of a German soccer team
(c) A famous German dessert pastry
(d) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
12. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) That Linda would hate and despise him.
(b) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(c) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(d) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
13. Who mentions that the cemetery gates will soon be closing?
14. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
(a) Bill Oliver's fountain pen
(b) The rubber tube from the vicinity of the heater
(c) The stockings left by the Woman in Boston
(d) A gardening boot
15. Ben refers to ____________ when he says: 'It's dark there, but full of diamonds."
(c) The jungle
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound can be heard behind Linda's last speech?
2. What does Biff notice when he is in Bill Oliver's office?
3. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
4. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
5. What distance does Willy measure between the rows?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)