|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charley's assessment of the funeral?
(a) It should not have happened yet.
(b) It was too cheap.
(c) It was very nice.
(d) It was moving.
2. What is the guaranteed proposition Willy refers to as he "speaks" to Ben?
(a) The value of the mortgage
(b) His superannuation payout
(c) The payout on Ben's life insurance
(d) The payout on Willy's life insurance
3. Who brings flowers for Linda?
(c) Bill Oliver
4. What valuable observation does Biff make about his father's legacy?
(a) That there is more of him in the front stoop than in all his sales.
(b) That it should just be enough to support Linda for the rest of her life.
(c) That they had better hurry and put in the claim for it.
(d) That Willy showed them all that you needed to keep smiling to avoid failure.
5. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
(a) He rejects them, blustering.
(b) He says he cannot be blamed and cries.
(c) He tells more lies.
(d) He admits them, ashamed.
6. What makes Linda bewildered about Willy's suicide?
(a) They were just about free and clear financially.
(b) He did not leave a note.
(c) He never said goodbye to her.
(d) He could have had the job Charley offered.
7. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
8. What sound can be heard behind Linda's last speech?
(a) A flute
(b) A harmonica.
(c) Verdi's Requiem
(d) Mozart's Requiem
9. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
(a) A future with him in the country
(b) To split the insurance money
(c) A free dinner at Frank's Chop House
(d) A partnership in a sporting goods retail enterprize
10. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
(a) "He's been under a lot of pressure lately."
(b) "He has to catch a train in the morning."
(c) "He's having a breakdown."
(d) "He's just a little overstrung."
11. What does Charley say a salesman is not?
(a) A mechanic, a lawyer or a doctor
(b) Deserving of a large funeral
(d) An artist or intellectual
12. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
(a) When he was at home, eating American cheese.
(b) When he was working "with a batch of cement."
(c) When he was working "with his customers."
(d) When he was on the road, traveling "with a smile and a shoeshine."
13. What does Willy imagine his funeral will reveal about him?
(a) His popularity and the affection and respect in which he is held.
(b) That people appreciated his jokes and humor.
(c) That his life had been successful.
(d) That he died the death of a salesman.
14. How do we know the scene takes place at the close of the day?
(a) The moon can be seen coming up.
(b) Charley says: 'It's getting Dark, Linda."
(c) Linda says: "Oh, it's getting dark."
(d) The stage directions indicate this.
15. How is the presence of the Woman given away?
(a) She laughs at Biff mimicking his Math teacher.
(b) She flushes the lavatory.
(c) She drops a mirror in the bathroom.
(d) Biff sees her silk stockings on the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What implement is Willy using?
2. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
3. What does Happy want to show everyone?
4. What size stockings does the woman demand?
5. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)