|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley say a salesman is not?
(a) An artist or intellectual
(b) A mechanic, a lawyer or a doctor
(c) Deserving of a large funeral
2. What does Biff say about himself?
(a) That he is a great footballer.
(b) That he is the scum of the earth.
(c) That he is a man of the earth.
(d) That he is a liar.
3. Ben refers to ____________ when he says: 'It's dark there, but full of diamonds."
(a) The jungle
4. To what "cowardly thing" does Ben refer?
(b) Scapegoating another person
5. What food does Happy want served at the restaurant?
(a) Lobster thermidor
(c) Large lobsters, claws on, cooked in champagne
(d) Balmain bugs imported from Australia, sauteed in garlic butter and served with wild rice and field mushrooms
6. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(b) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(c) That Linda would hate and despise him.
(d) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
7. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
(a) He had gone to live with a girlfriend.
(b) He has had to go interstate to work.
(c) He had gone overseas.
(d) There had been a family disagreement.
8. How is the presence of the Woman given away?
(a) Biff sees her silk stockings on the bed.
(b) She drops a mirror in the bathroom.
(c) She laughs at Biff mimicking his Math teacher.
(d) She flushes the lavatory.
9. What is it that "comes with the territory?"
(b) A shoeshine
(c) Mileage allowance
10. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
(a) Her back is painful.
(b) Happy picks up the flowers for her.
(c) She refuses anymore to act as a maid for her sons.
(d) There are no more flowers to pick up.
11. To whom is Willy referring when he says, "He thinks I'm nothing?"
12. Which character is excited about jury duty?
13. What is the woman wearing?
(a) A hat
(b) A black slip
(c) A towel
(d) A camisole
14. What is Happy's version of the great dream?
(a) To come out number-one man
(b) To be merchandise manager
(c) To buy a ranch and build guest houses on it
(d) To buy a condo in Florida
15. What valuable observation does Biff make about his father's legacy?
(a) That they had better hurry and put in the claim for it.
(b) That there is more of him in the front stoop than in all his sales.
(c) That Willy showed them all that you needed to keep smiling to avoid failure.
(d) That it should just be enough to support Linda for the rest of her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
2. Where does the Woman retreat to in the Boston hotel?
3. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
4. What is Happy's intent for the future?
5. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)