|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
2. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
(a) The stockings left by the Woman in Boston
(b) A gardening boot
(c) The rubber tube from the vicinity of the heater
(d) Bill Oliver's fountain pen
3. What is the guaranteed proposition Willy refers to as he "speaks" to Ben?
(a) The value of the mortgage
(b) The payout on Willy's life insurance
(c) The payout on Ben's life insurance
(d) His superannuation payout
4. What is the name of the hotel where Willy is staying in Boston?
(a) The Dorchester
(b) The Hilton
(c) The Standish Arms
(d) The King's Arms
5. What valuable observation does Biff make about his father's legacy?
(a) That there is more of him in the front stoop than in all his sales.
(b) That it should just be enough to support Linda for the rest of her life.
(c) That they had better hurry and put in the claim for it.
(d) That Willy showed them all that you needed to keep smiling to avoid failure.
6. What does Linda ask Willy to forgive?
(a) That she was not also in the car when it crashed
(b) Her inability to cope
(c) That she kept darning her silk stockings
(d) Her inability to cry
7. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
(a) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons and her room is being painted.
(b) He says she is a buyer for Westinghouse and has lost her car keys.
(c) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons who is running away from a violent husband.
(d) He says she is a visiting executive who has been accidentally locked out of her room.
8. What does Happy fail to see in Biff's offer?
(a) He cannot see how it will make him any quick money.
(b) He cannot see that he will have to work hard.
(c) He cannot see that it is an opportunity.
(d) He cannot see how it will find him planty of girlfriends.
9. What does Biff think Linda needs?
(a) Some new silk stockings
(b) Some money
(c) Some flowers
(d) Some rest
10. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
(a) "He's been under a lot of pressure lately."
(b) "He has to catch a train in the morning."
(c) "He's having a breakdown."
(d) "He's just a little overstrung."
11. What food does Happy want served at the restaurant?
(a) Large lobsters, claws on, cooked in champagne
(b) Balmain bugs imported from Australia, sauteed in garlic butter and served with wild rice and field mushrooms
(c) Lobster thermidor
12. What musical instrument can be heard as the scene changes?
(a) A harmonica
(b) A ukelele
(c) A flute
(d) A violin
13. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) The rallying call of a German soccer team
(b) An exclusive vintage wine
(c) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
(d) A famous German dessert pastry
14. What is the woman wearing?
(a) A camisole
(b) A hat
(c) A black slip
(d) A towel
15. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
2. Why won't Willy shake hands with Biff?
3. How long does Biff wait to see Bill Oliver?
4. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
5. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)