|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Biff speaking to whom when he says "'I know who I am, kid."
2. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
(a) come with him to see Bill Oliver
(b) make a new will
(c) come inside and have supper
(d) come inside and talk to Linda
3. How does Linda react to Charley's words at the beginning of the scene?
(a) She cries.
(b) She shoves him angrily.
(c) She thanks him.
(d) She does not react.
4. With what object does Biff confront Willy?
(a) A gardening boot
(b) The rubber tube from the vicinity of the heater
(c) Bill Oliver's fountain pen
(d) The stockings left by the Woman in Boston
5. What does Linda think is best?
(a) For Happy to clear away the garden tools
(b) For Biff to leave
(c) For Happy to leave
(d) For Willy to have supper
6. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
(a) They were nghtmarish.
(b) They went too far.
(c) They were wrong.
(d) They did not go far enough.
7. What does Willy find joy in recalling?
(a) Great times on the road and many successful sales
(b) Great times in Boston with the Woman
(c) Great times of comradeship with Biff
(d) Great times riding in sleighs and dressing as Santa to amuse the boys
8. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
9. What food does Happy want served at the restaurant?
(b) Balmain bugs imported from Australia, sauteed in garlic butter and served with wild rice and field mushrooms
(c) Large lobsters, claws on, cooked in champagne
(d) Lobster thermidor
10. Ben refers to ____________ when he says: 'It's dark there, but full of diamonds."
(b) The jungle
11. Who mentions that the cemetery gates will soon be closing?
12. What distance does Willy measure between the rows?
(a) One chain
(b) One meter
(c) One foot
(d) One inch
13. How does Happy advise his brother to deal with the Bill Oliver matter?
(a) He urges Biff to return the fountain pen anonymously.
(b) He advises Biff to go back and try again in a week.
(c) He urges Biff to lie to Willy and pretend Bill Oliver is considering the matter.
(d) He urges Biff to pretend Bill Oliver has offered the money unconditionally.
14. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
(a) For not clearing the table
(b) For laughing at Willy
(c) For stealing tips
(d) For staring at Willy
15. What is Willy doing in the garden?
(a) Eating American cheese
(b) Watering the garden
(c) Planting seeds
(d) Sitting on the stoop, drinking
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
2. What is Happy's intent for the future?
3. Biff reveals __________________ when he says, "I know who I am, kid."
4. What caution does Ben offer?
5. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)