|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Biff leave to travel to Boston to find his father?
(a) Union Station
(b) Brooklyn Bridge
(d) Grand Central
2. To whom is Willy referring when he says, "He thinks I'm nothing?"
3. How do we know the scene takes place at the close of the day?
(a) The stage directions indicate this.
(b) Charley says: 'It's getting Dark, Linda."
(c) The moon can be seen coming up.
(d) Linda says: "Oh, it's getting dark."
4. What does Charley say causes an earthquake?
(a) A young man flunking Math.
(b) The San Andreas Fault
(c) Someone having an affair.
(d) When people start to not smile back.
5. How does Charley suggest to Linda that she might leave the graveside?
(a) He points out that it is getting dark.
(b) He tells her it looks like rain.
(c) He suggests that she looks tired and ill.
(d) He points out that it is getting cold.
6. Who does Happy dismiss as "just a guy?"
7. How does Happy explain Biff's behavior in leaving the restaurant?
(a) "He's been under a lot of pressure lately."
(b) "He's having a breakdown."
(c) "He has to catch a train in the morning."
(d) "He's just a little overstrung."
8. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(b) That Linda would hate and despise him.
(c) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(d) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
9. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
(a) The mechanic
(b) The doctor
(c) The insurance company
(d) The dentist
10. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
(a) He had gone overseas.
(b) He has had to go interstate to work.
(c) There had been a family disagreement.
(d) He had gone to live with a girlfriend.
11. Who is Letta?
(a) Charley's secretary
(b) Howard's secretary
(c) The woman in Boston
(d) Miss Forsythe's friend
12. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
(a) When he was working "with a batch of cement."
(b) When he was on the road, traveling "with a smile and a shoeshine."
(c) When he was at home, eating American cheese.
(d) When he was working "with his customers."
13. How does Linda react to Charley's words at the beginning of the scene?
(a) She shoves him angrily.
(b) She cries.
(c) She thanks him.
(d) She does not react.
14. Which character "never knew who he was?"
15. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
(a) She is annoyed at being fobbed off with flowers.
(b) She knows they deserted their father in the restaurant.
(c) She missed out on having dinner at the restaurant.
(d) They stole money from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
2. Did his funeral meet Willy's expectations?
3. What does Charley say a salesman is not?
4. What was the problem with Willy's dreams?
5. What does Biff say about himself?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)