|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charley's assessment of the funeral?
(a) It was too cheap.
(b) It was very nice.
(c) It was moving.
(d) It should not have happened yet.
2. Who mentions that the cemetery gates will soon be closing?
3. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
(a) She refuses anymore to act as a maid for her sons.
(b) Her back is painful.
(c) Happy picks up the flowers for her.
(d) There are no more flowers to pick up.
4. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
(b) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
(c) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(d) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
5. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
6. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
(a) Birnbaum caught Biff kissing his daughter behind the bicycle sheds.
(b) Binbaum caught Biff mimicking him in front of the other students.
(c) Birnbaum was jealous because Biff was actually better at calculus than was his teacher.
(d) Birnbaum is jealous of Biff's looks.
7. What are the types of seeds Willy is planting?
(a) Carrots, beets and lettuce
(b) Tomatoes, radishes and carrots
(c) Radishes, carrots and beets
(d) Lettuce, beans and tomatoes
8. What valuable observation does Biff make about his father's legacy?
(a) That Willy showed them all that you needed to keep smiling to avoid failure.
(b) That there is more of him in the front stoop than in all his sales.
(c) That they had better hurry and put in the claim for it.
(d) That it should just be enough to support Linda for the rest of her life.
9. Who brings flowers for Linda?
(a) Bill Oliver
10. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
(a) come with him to see Bill Oliver
(b) make a new will
(c) come inside and have supper
(d) come inside and talk to Linda
11. What does Happy fail to see in Biff's offer?
(a) He cannot see how it will find him planty of girlfriends.
(b) He cannot see how it will make him any quick money.
(c) He cannot see that he will have to work hard.
(d) He cannot see that it is an opportunity.
12. What does Charley say is an "earthquake" for a salesman?
(a) When people stop smiling back.
(b) When sales fall and he is sacked.
(c) When he drives off a bridge.
(d) When he has to spend a week in San Francisco.
13. What does Happy want to show everyone?
(a) That Willy Loman had hidden some money behind the heater.
(b) That Willy Loman did not die in vain.
(c) That he, Happy, has the stuff of greatness in him.
(d) That he can get married soon.
14. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
(a) That Biff is a famous footballer
(b) That he sells silk stockings
(c) That he is a champagne salesman
(d) That he is a famous footballer
15. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(b) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(c) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
(d) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What size stockings does the woman demand?
2. What does Linda think is best?
3. Did his funeral meet Willy's expectations?
4. How does Happy advise his brother to deal with the Bill Oliver matter?
5. What is Willy doing in the garden?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)