|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the presence of the Woman given away?
(a) She laughs at Biff mimicking his Math teacher.
(b) She drops a mirror in the bathroom.
(c) She flushes the lavatory.
(d) Biff sees her silk stockings on the bed.
2. What is it that "comes with the territory?"
(a) A shoeshine
(c) Mileage allowance
3. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
(a) Birnbaum caught Biff kissing his daughter behind the bicycle sheds.
(b) Binbaum caught Biff mimicking him in front of the other students.
(c) Birnbaum is jealous of Biff's looks.
(d) Birnbaum was jealous because Biff was actually better at calculus than was his teacher.
4. What is Linda's response to the flowers?
(a) She weeps a little and puts them to her face.
(b) She knocks them to the floor.
(c) She smiles grimly, then puts the flowers in a vase.
(d) She weeps, then throws them right back at the giver.
5. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
(a) He does not think Math is important.
(b) He thinks it is now too late. He does not think Willy can argue well enough.
(c) He knows it really would not work.
(d) He no longer has respect for his father.
6. What musical instrument can be heard as the scene changes?
(a) A violin
(b) A flute
(c) A ukelele
(d) A harmonica
7. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
(a) At Bloomingdale's
(b) At a hardware on the Eastside
(c) At Wal-Mmart
(d) At a hardware store on Sixth Avenue
8. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
(a) He tells Happy he does not believe he would ever have helped Willy.
(b) He says he had not realized that would be the case.
(c) He simply grunts.
(d) He laughs.
9. What deal does Biff claim is discussed with Bill Oliver and his partner?
(a) The Flushing Meadows deal
(b) The Florida deal
(c) The Fargo deal
(d) The Louisiana Purchase
10. What food does Happy want served at the restaurant?
(a) Balmain bugs imported from Australia, sauteed in garlic butter and served with wild rice and field mushrooms
(c) Large lobsters, claws on, cooked in champagne
(d) Lobster thermidor
11. Where does the Woman retreat to in the Boston hotel?
(a) The salon
(b) The washroom
(c) The ladies' bar
(d) The pool-room
12. Who brings flowers for Linda?
(b) Bill Oliver
13. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(b) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
(c) That Linda would hate and despise him.
(d) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
14. From where did Biff leave to travel to Boston to find his father?
(a) Grand Central
(b) Union Station
(d) Brooklyn Bridge
15. What is the woman wearing?
(a) A hat
(b) A camisole
(c) A towel
(d) A black slip
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
2. According to Charley, when was Willy a happy man?
3. What does Charley say is an "earthquake" for a salesman?
4. How does Charley suggest to Linda that she might leave the graveside?
5. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)