|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley say causes an earthquake?
(a) When people start to not smile back.
(b) A young man flunking Math.
(c) The San Andreas Fault
(d) Someone having an affair.
2. What sound can be heard behind Linda's last speech?
(a) A harmonica.
(b) A flute
(c) Mozart's Requiem
(d) Verdi's Requiem
3. How does Charley respond to Happy's claim that they (the brothers) would have helped Willy?
(a) He simply grunts.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He says he had not realized that would be the case.
(d) He tells Happy he does not believe he would ever have helped Willy.
4. Who does Happy dismiss as "just a guy?"
5. How do we know the scene takes place at the close of the day?
(a) The stage directions indicate this.
(b) Linda says: "Oh, it's getting dark."
(c) The moon can be seen coming up.
(d) Charley says: 'It's getting Dark, Linda."
6. What does Linda think is best?
(a) For Happy to clear away the garden tools
(b) For Willy to have supper
(c) For Happy to leave
(d) For Biff to leave
7. Biff speaking to whom when he says "'I know who I am, kid."
8. From where did Biff leave to travel to Boston to find his father?
(b) Grand Central
(c) Brooklyn Bridge
(d) Union Station
9. Which character is excited about jury duty?
10. What uncomfortable truth does Biff expose?
(a) That no one in the house tells the truth.
(b) That Willy has been fired.
(c) That Willy is having an affair.
(d) That Happy is gay.
11. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As a janitor
(b) As a salesman
(c) As a shipping clerk
(d) As an officer junior
12. What is Willy doing in the garden?
(a) Eating American cheese
(b) Sitting on the stoop, drinking
(c) Planting seeds
(d) Watering the garden
13. What size stockings does the woman demand?
(a) Size sixteen
(b) Size eight
(c) Size nine
(d) Size five
14. Where does the Woman retreat to in the Boston hotel?
(a) The salon
(b) The ladies' bar
(c) The pool-room
(d) The washroom
15. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
(a) Her back is painful.
(b) She refuses anymore to act as a maid for her sons.
(c) Happy picks up the flowers for her.
(d) There are no more flowers to pick up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
2. How does Linda react to Charley's words at the beginning of the scene?
3. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
4. Biff wants Willy to ____________.
5. How many home improvements does Linda mention Willy has undertaken?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)