|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biff again offer to Happy?
(a) A free dinner at Frank's Chop House
(b) To split the insurance money
(c) A partnership in a sporting goods retail enterprize
(d) A future with him in the country
2. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
(a) He says she is a visiting executive who has been accidentally locked out of her room.
(b) He says she is a buyer for Westinghouse and has lost her car keys.
(c) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons who is running away from a violent husband.
(d) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons and her room is being painted.
3. How does Happy advise his brother to deal with the Bill Oliver matter?
(a) He urges Biff to lie to Willy and pretend Bill Oliver is considering the matter.
(b) He advises Biff to go back and try again in a week.
(c) He urges Biff to pretend Bill Oliver has offered the money unconditionally.
(d) He urges Biff to return the fountain pen anonymously.
4. What is Happy's intent for the future?
(a) To have a different drea
(b) To have a great apartment and lots of girlfriends
(c) To carry on the same fight as his father
(d) To be a traveling salesman
5. Did his funeral meet Willy's expectations?
(a) No. Only a few people sent flowers.
(b) No. Nobody came.
(c) Yes. People came from Boston.
(d) Yes. People told Linda how Willy had made their lives happier.
6. According to Linda, what extra expense had Willy also paid?
(a) The insurance company
(b) The mechanic
(c) The dentist
(d) The doctor
7. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
(a) He tells more lies.
(b) He says he cannot be blamed and cries.
(c) He rejects them, blustering.
(d) He admits them, ashamed.
8. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
(a) The possibility that Linda might re-marry.
(b) The realization that Happy is only interested in getting the insurance money.
(c) The thought that Biff might consider him a coward.
(d) That Linda would hate and despise him.
9. How is the presence of the Woman given away?
(a) She flushes the lavatory.
(b) She drops a mirror in the bathroom.
(c) Biff sees her silk stockings on the bed.
(d) She laughs at Biff mimicking his Math teacher.
10. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
(a) He takes off at a jog.
(b) He hesitates.
(c) He looks around thoughtfully.
(d) He refuses and stands close to her.
11. How long does Biff wait to see Bill Oliver?
(a) Ten minutes
(b) Two hours
(c) Six hours
(d) Six minutes
12. What caution does Ben offer?
(a) It's not a good idea to fight fair with a stranger.
(b) The policy might not be honored.
(c) The amount invested might not be sufficient.
(d) It's a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket.
13. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
14. What does Biff think Linda needs?
(a) Some flowers
(b) Some rest
(c) Some money
(d) Some new silk stockings
15. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
(a) That Biff is a famous footballer
(b) That he is a famous footballer
(c) That he is a champagne salesman
(d) That he sells silk stockings
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
2. Who mentions that the cemetery gates will soon be closing?
3. What is Willy doing in the garden?
4. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
5. Why does Linda stop picking up the flowers from the floor?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)