|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size stockings does the woman demand?
(a) Size five
(b) Size eight
(c) Size nine
(d) Size sixteen
2. What does Linda order her sons to do?
(a) To pack their things and leave immediately.
(b) To help Willy plant his seeds.
(c) To apologize to their father.
(d) To give their father some money.
3. What lie does Biff accuse Happy of telling?
(a) That he is an assistant buyer.
(b) That he is head of sales.
(c) That he is office manager.
(d) That he is getting married.
4. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
(a) He had gone overseas.
(b) There had been a family disagreement.
(c) He had gone to live with a girlfriend.
(d) He has had to go interstate to work.
5. What valuable observation does Biff make about his father's legacy?
(a) That Willy showed them all that you needed to keep smiling to avoid failure.
(b) That they had better hurry and put in the claim for it.
(c) That it should just be enough to support Linda for the rest of her life.
(d) That there is more of him in the front stoop than in all his sales.
6. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
(b) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
(c) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
(d) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
7. What does Happy fail to see in Biff's offer?
(a) He cannot see how it will find him planty of girlfriends.
(b) He cannot see that he will have to work hard.
(c) He cannot see that it is an opportunity.
(d) He cannot see how it will make him any quick money.
8. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
(a) He says he cannot be blamed and cries.
(b) He tells more lies.
(c) He rejects them, blustering.
(d) He admits them, ashamed.
9. What does Happy want to show everyone?
(a) That Willy Loman had hidden some money behind the heater.
(b) That Willy Loman did not die in vain.
(c) That he, Happy, has the stuff of greatness in him.
(d) That he can get married soon.
10. What is the woman wearing?
(a) A towel
(b) A black slip
(c) A hat
(d) A camisole
11. What does Linda try to prevent Biff from doing?
(a) Leaving for Alaska
(b) Accusing his father of lying
(c) Going upstairs
(d) Talking to his father
12. What does Linda think is best?
(a) For Biff to leave
(b) For Happy to clear away the garden tools
(c) For Happy to leave
(d) For Willy to have supper
13. What is Charley's response when Linda asks him to go on ahead?
(a) He hesitates.
(b) He refuses and stands close to her.
(c) He looks around thoughtfully.
(d) He takes off at a jog.
14. To whose comment about Willy does Happy object?
15. How does Linda react to Charley's words at the beginning of the scene?
(a) She does not react.
(b) She thanks him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She shoves him angrily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings flowers for Linda?
2. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
3. How is the presence of the Woman given away?
4. Where does the Woman retreat to in the Boston hotel?
5. To whom is Willy referring when he says, "He thinks I'm nothing?"
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)