|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
(a) That he is to meet the boys for dinner at Frank's Chop House.
(b) That he is to meet Bill Oliver at Frank's Chop House.
(c) That he is to give Charley an answer about a job.
(d) That she needs two hundred dollars to cover the month's expenses.
2. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(b) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(c) That he wants to steal lumber.
(d) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
3. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
(a) From Uncle Ben
(b) From Bill Oliver
(c) From Charley
(d) From Howard Wagner
4. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) Take-out meals
(b) Two large sample cases
(c) A very large sample bag
(d) An attache case and a large sample case
5. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(b) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(c) Never fight fair with a stranger.
(d) Always fight fair with a stranger.
6. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
(a) That he looks like a walrus.
(b) That he has no talent for earning money.
(c) That he has no character.
(d) That he looks like a salesman.
7. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
(a) He buys it at Wal-Mmart.
(b) He and Charlie steal the materials from a building site.
(c) He has Biff and Happy steal from a building site.
(d) He has Ben import the lumber from Alaska.
8. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) Tall apartment buildings
(c) Office buildings
(d) A wide stoop
9. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Brown and Morrison
(b) Wolf Biederman
(c) Howard Wagner
(d) Howard Macy
10. Where was Ben living when he died?
11. Why didn't Biff attend the university?
(a) Willy couldn't afford the outrageous tuition fees.
(b) He flunked high school Math.
(c) Biff didn't want to have to leave home.
(d) He was unsuccessful in getting a football scholarship.
12. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
(a) He is angry with Linda for not telling them sooner.
(b) He says Willy is a "damned fool."
(c) He says this is terrible and he must do something.
(d) He says Willy is a "poor fool."
13. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That Willy is behind in the premium.
(b) That Willy drives too fast.
(c) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(d) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
14. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
(a) Thirty years
(b) Forty years
(c) Forty-three years
(d) Thirty-four years
15. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
(a) That Biff discovered a secret in Boston.
(b) That Happy is about to be married.
(c) That he has stolen Howard's fountain pen.
(d) That Charley is the only friend he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
2. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
3. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
4. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
5. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)