|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Always fight fair with a stranger.
(b) Never fight fair with a stranger.
(c) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(d) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
2. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
3. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
(b) They do not have a clear mission statement.
(c) They are not loyal and committed.
(d) They are not competitive enough.
4. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
(b) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
(c) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
(d) Willy is fired.
5. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
(a) He keeps his high sales figures until well into his nineties.
(b) He travels in the smoking car and has green velvet slippers.
(c) Even at the age of eighty-four, he is a successful salesman.
(d) He brokers a sponsorship deal with the Yankees.
6. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
(a) He says he will get the boys to help him plant some seeds.
(b) He says he will talk to Bill Oliver.
(c) He says he would like to buy some seeds.
(d) He says he will buy a new blue suit.
7. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
(a) He works harder.
(b) He has more good in him.
(c) He is fatter.
(d) He earns less money.
8. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
(a) Thirty-four years
(b) Forty years
(c) Forty-three years
(d) Thirty years
9. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
(a) He is insulted.
(b) He stresses that he already has a job.
(c) He says he is too old to learn anything new.
(d) He says the offer is not generous enough.
10. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(b) To be like his father
(c) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(d) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
11. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) Office buildings
(b) Tall apartment buildings
(c) A wide stoop
12. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
(a) He hears some noise so he thinks he would come in for a chat.
(b) He remembers to tell Willy about an important job opportunity.
(c) He wants to play cards.
(d) He hears some noise and thinks something has happened.
13. What advice does Willy remember Ben giving him?
(a) Go to Africa and prospect for diamonds.
(b) Open a diamond mine in Alaska.
(c) Get out of the cities and buy a ranch.
(d) Get out of the cities and fight for a fortune in Alaska.
14. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The new night dress she is wearing
(b) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(c) That she has dyed her hair
(d) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
15. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
(a) Not talking to Mr Birnbaum about Biff's Math results
(b) Driving badly in Yonkers
(c) Not going to Alaska with his brother
(d) Not buying new stockings for Linda
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
2. How did Ben make his fortune?
3. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
4. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
5. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)