|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
(a) He is insulted.
(b) He says the offer is not generous enough.
(c) He stresses that he already has a job.
(d) He says he is too old to learn anything new.
2. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(d) Morris Minor
3. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
(a) Loan shark
(b) Motor mechanic
(c) Car salesman
4. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
(a) He says Willy is a "damned fool."
(b) He says this is terrible and he must do something.
(c) He is angry with Linda for not telling them sooner.
(d) He says Willy is a "poor fool."
5. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Ben Loman
(b) Willy Loman
(c) Bill Oliver
6. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
(a) For preventing Willy from growing carrots in his backyard
(b) For cutting down two beautiful elm trees
(c) For harassment and fraud
(d) For building the bad-taste apartments
7. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff's previous employer
(b) Willy's best friend
(c) Happy's merchandise manager
(d) Biff's previous employee
8. Why does Willy need to borrow money from Charley?
(a) He has no money to buy Linda a birthday present.
(b) He has a loan shark after him and is terrified.
(c) He cannot afford his insurance premium.
(d) He cannot afford his next car payment.
9. What does Linda think will happen in Biff's meeting with Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff will return the goods he stole a few years ago.
(b) Biff will ask for thirty thousand dollars.
(c) Biff will ask Bill Oliver for a steady job.
(d) Biff will ask for ten or fifteen thousand dollars.
10. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Never fight fair with a stranger.
(b) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(c) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(d) Always fight fair with a stranger.
11. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
(a) He says he will get the boys to help him plant some seeds.
(b) He says he will talk to Bill Oliver.
(c) He says he will buy a new blue suit.
(d) He says he would like to buy some seeds.
12. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
(a) Bernard simply has no idea.
(b) Bernard says people do not trust Biff to commit.
(c) Biff has never been well-liked.
(d) Biff has never trained himself for anything.
13. Where was Ben living when he died?
14. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Thirty years
(c) Twenty-five years
(d) Thirty-five years
15. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
(a) That he has no talent for earning money.
(b) That he looks like a walrus.
(c) That he looks like a salesman.
(d) That he has no character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
2. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
3. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
4. What does Willy find ironic about people?
5. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)