|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Willy believe Howard made to him during the Christmas party?
(a) That he would pay Willy a bonus.
(b) That he would try to find a job for him in town.
(c) That he will let Willy head up a new branch in Yonkers.
(d) That Willy will receive a substantial pay rise.
2. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) Office buildings
(b) Tall apartment buildings
(c) A wide stoop
3. What does Willy admit to Charley?
(a) That Howard fired him.
(b) That he has been stealing from Howard.
(c) That Howard verbally abused him.
(d) That he kissed Howard's secretary.
4. Why does Willy need to borrow money from Charley?
(a) He cannot afford his next car payment.
(b) He has a loan shark after him and is terrified.
(c) He cannot afford his insurance premium.
(d) He has no money to buy Linda a birthday present.
5. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In diamond mines
(b) In oil
(c) In Alaskan exploration
(d) In the fur trade
6. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
(a) Not talking to Mr Birnbaum about Biff's Math results
(b) Not going to Alaska with his brother
(c) Not buying new stockings for Linda
(d) Driving badly in Yonkers
7. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Never fight fair with a stranger.
(b) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(c) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(d) Always fight fair with a stranger.
8. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
(a) He says she is his foundation and support.
(b) He says he loves her.
(c) He says she is his support and his lover.
(d) He says she is wonderful and that he does not deserve her.
9. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
(a) When he had his pockets on.
(b) When he built a railroad.
(c) When he visited the butcher.
(d) When he was in the turkish bath.
10. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
(a) That Biff is "stuck up."
(b) That Biff is driving a car without a licence.
(c) That Biff has stolen a football.
(d) That Biff has Bernard help him cheat at Math.
11. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) Not being happy with Linda
(b) Worrying about the mortgage
(c) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(d) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
12. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
(a) He has Biff and Happy steal from a building site.
(b) He has Ben import the lumber from Alaska.
(c) He buys it at Wal-Mmart.
(d) He and Charlie steal the materials from a building site.
13. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
(a) For over six months
(b) For over a year
(c) For over three months
(d) She has always been able to contact Biff.
14. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
(a) Loan shark
(b) Motor mechanic
(c) Car salesman
15. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) A very large sample bag
(b) Take-out meals
(c) Two large sample cases
(d) An attache case and a large sample case
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
2. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
3. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
4. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
5. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)