|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) A melody played on a flute.
(b) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
2. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
(a) He says this is terrible and he must do something.
(b) He is angry with Linda for not telling them sooner.
(c) He says Willy is a "damned fool."
(d) He says Willy is a "poor fool."
3. Where is the big match to be held?
(a) Wembley Stadium
(b) Ebbets Field
(c) Ebert's Field
(d) Madison Square Garden
4. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
(b) Willy is fired.
(c) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
(d) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
5. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
6. What does Willy intend to do during the day?
(a) Convince Howard that he needs a pay rise.
(b) Ask Howard for a job as a branch manager since he has been with the company for so long.
(c) Get a haircut and buy a new suit in readiness for his dinner with the boys.
(d) See Howard and convince him to allow Willy to be taken off road work to stay in New York.
7. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
(a) He stresses that he already has a job.
(b) He is insulted.
(c) He says he is too old to learn anything new.
(d) He says the offer is not generous enough.
8. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) She has not finished the washing-up.
(b) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
(c) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(d) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
9. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(b) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
(c) That Willy drives too fast.
(d) That Willy is behind in the premium.
10. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
(a) He hears some noise so he thinks he would come in for a chat.
(b) He wants to play cards.
(c) He remembers to tell Willy about an important job opportunity.
(d) He hears some noise and thinks something has happened.
11. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
(a) Loan shark
(c) Motor mechanic
(d) Car salesman
12. Of what does Charley accuse Willy?
(a) Dominating Linda
(b) Being in love with his wife
(c) Being jealous of him all his life
(d) Stealing his lumber
13. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To be like his father
(b) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
(c) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(d) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
14. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Twenty-five years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Thirty-five years
15. What does Charley kid Willy about?
(a) His staying in the same house all those years.
(b) He pretends to have forgotten Biff's big day of football.
(c) Biff's obsession with football.
(d) His weight, calling Willy a 'walrus'.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
2. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
3. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
4. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
5. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)