|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
(a) Biff has never been well-liked.
(b) Bernard says people do not trust Biff to commit.
(c) Bernard simply has no idea.
(d) Biff has never trained himself for anything.
2. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(a) Morris Minor
3. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(b) A melody played on a flute.
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
4. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he smokes cigarettes.
(b) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
(c) Because he cannot handle tools.
(d) Because he always loses at cards.
5. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The new night dress she is wearing
(b) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
(c) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(d) That she has dyed her hair
6. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff's previous employee
(b) Willy's best friend
(c) Biff's previous employer
(d) Happy's merchandise manager
7. At what point did Biff's attitude change, according to Bernard?
(a) Biff's trip to Boston
(b) Biff's attendance at a religious crusade
(c) Biff's conversation with the football coach
(d) Biff's trip to Yonkers
8. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Salesman and cattle herder
(b) Shipping clerk and salesman
(c) Businessman and sales clerk
(d) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
9. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
(b) The presents he gives her
(c) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
(d) His big spending and his sense of humor
10. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
11. Where is the big match to be held?
(a) Madison Square Garden
(b) Wembley Stadium
(c) Ebbets Field
(d) Ebert's Field
12. Why does Willy need to borrow money from Charley?
(a) He cannot afford his insurance premium.
(b) He has no money to buy Linda a birthday present.
(c) He has a loan shark after him and is terrified.
(d) He cannot afford his next car payment.
13. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
(a) Ninety-six dollars
(b) Fifty-six dollars
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) A hundred dollars
14. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
(a) Not talking to Mr Birnbaum about Biff's Math results
(b) Not going to Alaska with his brother
(c) Not buying new stockings for Linda
(d) Driving badly in Yonkers
15. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) Office buildings
(b) Tall apartment buildings
(d) A wide stoop
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
2. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
3. What does Biff need to do in order to avoid flunking Math?
4. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
5. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)