|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It annoys other people in the lift.
(b) It indicates he is over confident.
(c) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
(d) It is tuneless.
2. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
(a) He says he will buy a new blue suit.
(b) He says he will get the boys to help him plant some seeds.
(c) He says he will talk to Bill Oliver.
(d) He says he would like to buy some seeds.
3. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
(a) He works harder.
(b) He has more good in him.
(c) He earns less money.
(d) He is fatter.
4. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
(a) He allows the car to veer over the white line.
(b) A woman yells at him.
(c) He runs off the road.
(d) The car breaks down.
5. What does Willy admit to Charley?
(a) That he has been stealing from Howard.
(b) That he kissed Howard's secretary.
(c) That Howard verbally abused him.
(d) That Howard fired him.
6. What does Linda think will happen in Biff's meeting with Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff will ask for ten or fifteen thousand dollars.
(b) Biff will ask Bill Oliver for a steady job.
(c) Biff will return the goods he stole a few years ago.
(d) Biff will ask for thirty thousand dollars.
7. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
(a) He says she is his support and his lover.
(b) He says she is wonderful and that he does not deserve her.
(c) He says he loves her.
(d) He says she is his foundation and support.
8. What does Willy intend to do during the day?
(a) Convince Howard that he needs a pay rise.
(b) See Howard and convince him to allow Willy to be taken off road work to stay in New York.
(c) Get a haircut and buy a new suit in readiness for his dinner with the boys.
(d) Ask Howard for a job as a branch manager since he has been with the company for so long.
9. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
(b) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
(c) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(d) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
10. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Salesman and cattle herder
(b) Businessman and sales clerk
(c) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(d) Shipping clerk and salesman
11. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They are not loyal and committed.
(b) They are not competitive enough.
(c) They do not have a clear mission statement.
(d) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
12. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he smokes cigarettes.
(b) Because he always loses at cards.
(c) Because he cannot handle tools.
(d) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
13. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In Alaskan exploration
(b) In oil
(c) In the fur trade
(d) In diamond mines
14. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
(b) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(c) That Willy is behind in the premium.
(d) That Willy drives too fast.
15. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
(a) He and Charlie steal the materials from a building site.
(b) He buys it at Wal-Mmart.
(c) He has Ben import the lumber from Alaska.
(d) He has Biff and Happy steal from a building site.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
2. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
3. Why didn't Biff attend the university?
4. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
5. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)