Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
(a) They are not made by American companies.
(b) They wear out or break before he has fully paid for them.
(c) They have design faults.
(d) They are too expensive, badly designed and badly made.
2. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They have a heavy mortgage.
(b) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(c) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(d) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
3. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
(a) That he has no talent for earning money.
(b) That he looks like a walrus.
(c) That he looks like a salesman.
(d) That he has no character.
4. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Howard Wagner
(b) Howard Macy
(c) Brown and Morrison
(d) Wolf Biederman
5. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
(b) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(c) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(d) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
6. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
(a) By working in bars
(b) By selling the flutes he had made
(c) By giving flute concerts in every town they visited
(d) By selling agricultural machinery he had invented
7. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Bill Oliver
(c) Willy Loman
(d) Ben Loman
8. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
(a) That he is to meet the boys for dinner at Frank's Chop House.
(b) That he is to meet Bill Oliver at Frank's Chop House.
(c) That he is to give Charley an answer about a job.
(d) That she needs two hundred dollars to cover the month's expenses.
9. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It is tuneless.
(b) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
(c) It annoys other people in the lift.
(d) It indicates he is over confident.
10. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(b) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(c) Either help out financially or stay away.
(d) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
11. What great misconception does Willy express to Ben?
(a) That all anyone needs is a case of samples.
(b) That people will always keep their word.
(c) That all you need to offer is loyalty and the rest will follow.
(d) That a man can end up rich just by being liked.
12. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Businessman and sales clerk
(b) Salesman and cattle herder
(c) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(d) Shipping clerk and salesman
13. Where was Ben living when he died?
14. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(a) Morris Minor
15. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
(a) He skips some mortgage payments.
(b) He sells lumber stolen from a building site.
(c) He pawns a diamond watch that is a gift from Ben.
(d) He works harder and travels further.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
2. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
3. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
4. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
5. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)