|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
(a) It is the most fascinating relaxation he has ever found.
(b) It will be the communicatioin tool of the future.
(c) It will soon be outdated and he regrets buying it.
(d) He thinks it represents a new product that Willy might sell.
2. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
(b) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(c) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(d) Either help out financially or stay away.
3. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(b) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
(c) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(d) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
4. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
(a) They are too expensive, badly designed and badly made.
(b) They have design faults.
(c) They wear out or break before he has fully paid for them.
(d) They are not made by American companies.
5. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Stage hands moving sets about
(b) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(c) A melody played on a flute.
(d) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
6. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(b) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(c) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(d) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
7. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In oil
(b) In diamond mines
(c) In the fur trade
(d) In Alaskan exploration
8. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
(b) Worrying about the mortgage
(c) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(d) Not being happy with Linda
9. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Willy Loman
(b) Ben Loman
(d) Bill Oliver
10. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
(a) His house
(b) The things he can sell
(c) His wife and family
(d) His freedom
11. What does Willy find ironic about people?
(a) They are worth more dead than alive.
(b) They are good at talking but do nott get paid for it.
(c) They are worth more to undertakers than to mortgagors.
(d) They can pick winners but never bet on them.
12. Why is Bernard in Charley's office?
(a) He is stopping by on his way to Washington.
(b) He is stopping by to pick up his tennis rackets.
(c) He is stopping by on his way to Boston.
(d) He has called in to ask his father for a loan.
13. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
(a) That she needs two hundred dollars to cover the month's expenses.
(b) That he is to meet the boys for dinner at Frank's Chop House.
(c) That he is to meet Bill Oliver at Frank's Chop House.
(d) That he is to give Charley an answer about a job.
14. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
(a) He stresses that he already has a job.
(b) He says he is too old to learn anything new.
(c) He is insulted.
(d) He says the offer is not generous enough.
15. Why does Willy need to borrow money from Charley?
(a) He has a loan shark after him and is terrified.
(b) He cannot afford his insurance premium.
(c) He has no money to buy Linda a birthday present.
(d) He cannot afford his next car payment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
2. At what point did Biff's attitude change, according to Bernard?
3. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
4. What advice does Willy remember Ben giving him?
5. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)