|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
(a) Biff has never been well-liked.
(b) Bernard says people do not trust Biff to commit.
(c) Biff has never trained himself for anything.
(d) Bernard simply has no idea.
2. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That Willy is behind in the premium.
(b) That Willy drives too fast.
(c) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
(d) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
3. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
(a) He wants to play cards.
(b) He hears some noise so he thinks he would come in for a chat.
(c) He remembers to tell Willy about an important job opportunity.
(d) He hears some noise and thinks something has happened.
4. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
(a) He buys it at Wal-Mmart.
(b) He has Biff and Happy steal from a building site.
(c) He and Charlie steal the materials from a building site.
(d) He has Ben import the lumber from Alaska.
5. At what time does Happy give Linda some money?
(b) Her birthday
(d) Memorial Day
6. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
(a) Ninety-six dollars
(b) Fifty-six dollars
(c) A hundred dollars
(d) Fifty dollars
7. What does Willy find ironic about people?
(a) They are worth more dead than alive.
(b) They can pick winners but never bet on them.
(c) They are good at talking but do nott get paid for it.
(d) They are worth more to undertakers than to mortgagors.
8. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
(a) A supervisory job in Boston
(b) Fifty dollars per week for life
(c) A job where he will not have to go out on the road
(d) To intercede with Howard to give Willy his job back
9. What advice does Willy remember Ben giving him?
(a) Get out of the cities and fight for a fortune in Alaska.
(b) Go to Africa and prospect for diamonds.
(c) Open a diamond mine in Alaska.
(d) Get out of the cities and buy a ranch.
10. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(c) Morris Minor
11. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
(b) Worrying about the mortgage
(c) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(d) Not being happy with Linda
12. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
(a) It will be the communicatioin tool of the future.
(b) It is the most fascinating relaxation he has ever found.
(c) It will soon be outdated and he regrets buying it.
(d) He thinks it represents a new product that Willy might sell.
13. What does Charley kid Willy about?
(a) His weight, calling Willy a 'walrus'.
(b) His staying in the same house all those years.
(c) Biff's obsession with football.
(d) He pretends to have forgotten Biff's big day of football.
14. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(b) That he wants to steal lumber.
(c) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
(d) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
15. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
(b) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(c) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(d) Living on a farm
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Charley accuse Willy?
2. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
3. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
4. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
5. How has Willy's salary rate changed?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)