|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
(a) His house
(b) His wife and family
(c) His freedom
(d) The things he can sell
2. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
(a) He says Willy is a "damned fool."
(b) He is angry with Linda for not telling them sooner.
(c) He says Willy is a "poor fool."
(d) He says this is terrible and he must do something.
3. Why is Bernard in Charley's office?
(a) He is stopping by on his way to Boston.
(b) He is stopping by to pick up his tennis rackets.
(c) He has called in to ask his father for a loan.
(d) He is stopping by on his way to Washington.
4. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
(b) That Willy is behind in the premium.
(c) That Willy drives too fast.
(d) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
5. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
(a) A job where he will not have to go out on the road
(b) A supervisory job in Boston
(c) Fifty dollars per week for life
(d) To intercede with Howard to give Willy his job back
6. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
(a) Car salesman
(b) Motor mechanic
(c) Loan shark
7. What reason does Biff give Linda for Willy throwing him out?
(a) Biff has not paid enough board to his parents.
(b) Willy finds out Biff had been gambling.
(c) Willy is uncomfortable around people who know he is a fake.
(d) Willy does not like Biff bringing girls home.
8. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
(a) That Biff is driving a car without a licence.
(b) That Biff has Bernard help him cheat at Math.
(c) That Biff has stolen a football.
(d) That Biff is "stuck up."
9. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(b) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(c) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
(d) To be like his father
10. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
(a) For over a year
(b) For over three months
(c) She has always been able to contact Biff.
(d) For over six months
11. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy has been talking to himself.
(b) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(c) Willy has been mocking Biff.
(d) Willy has been singing in the lift.
12. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) Worrying about the mortgage
(b) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(c) Not being happy with Linda
(d) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
13. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
(a) That she needs two hundred dollars to cover the month's expenses.
(b) That he is to meet Bill Oliver at Frank's Chop House.
(c) That he is to meet the boys for dinner at Frank's Chop House.
(d) That he is to give Charley an answer about a job.
14. At what time does Happy give Linda some money?
(a) Her birthday
(c) Memorial Day
15. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy admit to Charley?
2. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
3. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
4. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
5. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)