|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ben living when he died?
2. What does Linda think will happen in Biff's meeting with Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff will ask Bill Oliver for a steady job.
(b) Biff will ask for ten or fifteen thousand dollars.
(c) Biff will ask for thirty thousand dollars.
(d) Biff will return the goods he stole a few years ago.
3. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Never fight fair with a stranger.
(b) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(c) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(d) Always fight fair with a stranger.
4. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
(b) She has not finished the washing-up.
(c) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(d) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
5. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
(a) That he has stolen Howard's fountain pen.
(b) That Charley is the only friend he has.
(c) That Happy is about to be married.
(d) That Biff discovered a secret in Boston.
6. What great misconception does Willy express to Ben?
(a) That people will always keep their word.
(b) That all you need to offer is loyalty and the rest will follow.
(c) That all anyone needs is a case of samples.
(d) That a man can end up rich just by being liked.
7. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
(b) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
(c) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
(d) Willy is fired.
8. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
9. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Businessman and sales clerk
(b) Shipping clerk and salesman
(c) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(d) Salesman and cattle herder
10. Why is Bernard in Charley's office?
(a) He is stopping by on his way to Washington.
(b) He is stopping by on his way to Boston.
(c) He has called in to ask his father for a loan.
(d) He is stopping by to pick up his tennis rackets.
11. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
(b) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(c) That Willy drives too fast.
(d) That Willy is behind in the premium.
12. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
(a) His house
(b) His wife and family
(c) His freedom
(d) The things he can sell
13. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Living on a farm
(b) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(c) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(d) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
14. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(b) Stage hands moving sets about
(c) A melody played on a flute.
(d) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
15. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
(a) From Howard Wagner
(b) From Charley
(c) From Uncle Ben
(d) From Bill Oliver
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
2. Who is Bill Oliver?
3. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
4. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
5. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)