|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) An attache case and a large sample case
(b) A very large sample bag
(c) Take-out meals
(d) Two large sample cases
2. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The new night dress she is wearing
(b) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(c) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
(d) That she has dyed her hair
3. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
(a) For building the bad-taste apartments
(b) For harassment and fraud
(c) For preventing Willy from growing carrots in his backyard
(d) For cutting down two beautiful elm trees
4. What promise does Willy believe Howard made to him during the Christmas party?
(a) That he would try to find a job for him in town.
(b) That he would pay Willy a bonus.
(c) That Willy will receive a substantial pay rise.
(d) That he will let Willy head up a new branch in Yonkers.
5. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In Yonkers
(b) In New England
(c) In Florida
(d) In New York
6. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
(a) His wife and family
(b) The things he can sell
(c) His freedom
(d) His house
7. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Always fight fair with a stranger.
(b) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(c) Never fight fair with a stranger.
(d) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
8. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
(a) That Happy is about to be married.
(b) That Charley is the only friend he has.
(c) That Biff discovered a secret in Boston.
(d) That he has stolen Howard's fountain pen.
9. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
(b) Because he smokes cigarettes.
(c) Because he always loses at cards.
(d) Because he cannot handle tools.
10. What does Willy find ironic about people?
(a) They can pick winners but never bet on them.
(b) They are worth more to undertakers than to mortgagors.
(c) They are worth more dead than alive.
(d) They are good at talking but do nott get paid for it.
11. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
(a) When he was in the turkish bath.
(b) When he visited the butcher.
(c) When he built a railroad.
(d) When he had his pockets on.
12. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(b) Morris Minor
13. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Willy is fired.
(b) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
(c) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
(d) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
14. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
(a) Forty years
(b) Forty-three years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Thirty-four years
15. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
(a) Thirty-five years
(b) Twenty-five years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Twenty years
Short Answer Questions
1. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
2. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
3. What does Biff need to do in order to avoid flunking Math?
4. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
5. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)