|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
(a) A hundred dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Fifty-six dollars
(d) Ninety-six dollars
2. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In Florida
(b) In Yonkers
(c) In New England
(d) In New York
3. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
(b) Not being happy with Linda
(c) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(d) Worrying about the mortgage
4. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
(b) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(c) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
(d) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
5. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
(a) He has more good in him.
(b) He works harder.
(c) He is fatter.
(d) He earns less money.
6. What promise does Willy believe Howard made to him during the Christmas party?
(a) That he would pay Willy a bonus.
(b) That Willy will receive a substantial pay rise.
(c) That he will let Willy head up a new branch in Yonkers.
(d) That he would try to find a job for him in town.
7. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(b) Willy has been talking to himself.
(c) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(d) Willy has been mocking Biff.
8. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They have a heavy mortgage.
(b) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(c) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(d) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
9. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
(a) When he was in the turkish bath.
(b) When he built a railroad.
(c) When he had his pockets on.
(d) When he visited the butcher.
10. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
(a) They are not made by American companies.
(b) They have design faults.
(c) They are too expensive, badly designed and badly made.
(d) They wear out or break before he has fully paid for them.
11. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
(a) That Biff discovered a secret in Boston.
(b) That Charley is the only friend he has.
(c) That he has stolen Howard's fountain pen.
(d) That Happy is about to be married.
12. How does Willy refer to Howard?
(a) That little toad
(b) That snotnose
(c) That asshole
(d) That booby
13. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) Two large sample cases
(b) An attache case and a large sample case
(c) Take-out meals
(d) A very large sample bag
14. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
15. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(b) To be like his father
(c) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(d) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy find ironic about people?
2. What does Willy intend to do during the day?
3. Why didn't Biff attend the university?
4. What does Charley kid Willy about?
5. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)