|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
(a) The things he can sell
(b) His house
(c) His wife and family
(d) His freedom
2. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Howard Macy
(b) Wolf Biederman
(c) Howard Wagner
(d) Brown and Morrison
3. What does Charley kid Willy about?
(a) Biff's obsession with football.
(b) His weight, calling Willy a 'walrus'.
(c) His staying in the same house all those years.
(d) He pretends to have forgotten Biff's big day of football.
4. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
(a) He skips some mortgage payments.
(b) He pawns a diamond watch that is a gift from Ben.
(c) He sells lumber stolen from a building site.
(d) He works harder and travels further.
5. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They are not competitive enough.
(b) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
(c) They are not loyal and committed.
(d) They do not have a clear mission statement.
6. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(b) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(c) That he wants to steal lumber.
(d) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
7. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Ben Loman
(c) Willy Loman
(d) Bill Oliver
8. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
(a) From Bill Oliver
(b) From Charley
(c) From Uncle Ben
(d) From Howard Wagner
9. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Always fight fair with a stranger.
(b) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(c) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(d) Never fight fair with a stranger.
10. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In diamond mines
(b) In the fur trade
(c) In Alaskan exploration
(d) In oil
11. Where is the big match to be held?
(a) Wembley Stadium
(b) Ebert's Field
(c) Madison Square Garden
(d) Ebbets Field
12. What great misconception does Willy express to Ben?
(a) That a man can end up rich just by being liked.
(b) That people will always keep their word.
(c) That all anyone needs is a case of samples.
(d) That all you need to offer is loyalty and the rest will follow.
13. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
(b) Willy is fired.
(c) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
(d) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
14. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(b) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(c) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
(d) Either help out financially or stay away.
15. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(b) Stage hands moving sets about
(c) A melody played on a flute.
(d) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
Short Answer Questions
1. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
2. What promise does Willy believe Howard made to him during the Christmas party?
3. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
4. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
5. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)