|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) Tall apartment buildings
(c) Office buildings
(d) A wide stoop
2. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
(a) Forty years
(b) Thirty-four years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Forty-three years
3. What does Linda think will happen in Biff's meeting with Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff will ask Bill Oliver for a steady job.
(b) Biff will ask for thirty thousand dollars.
(c) Biff will return the goods he stole a few years ago.
(d) Biff will ask for ten or fifteen thousand dollars.
4. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
(a) He allows the car to veer over the white line.
(b) The car breaks down.
(c) A woman yells at him.
(d) He runs off the road.
5. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) Biff has failed Math.
(b) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(c) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(d) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
6. What does Biff need to do in order to avoid flunking Math?
(a) Become organized and study hard
(b) Apologize to Mr Birnbaum
(c) Bribe Mr Birnbaum
(d) Finally hand in his Math assignments
7. What great misconception does Willy express to Ben?
(a) That all anyone needs is a case of samples.
(b) That all you need to offer is loyalty and the rest will follow.
(c) That people will always keep their word.
(d) That a man can end up rich just by being liked.
8. How has Willy's salary rate changed?
(a) He is no longer paid overtime.
(b) He is to be paid according to a strict time sheet.
(c) He is now on commission only like a beginner.
(d) His rate of commission has been reduced.
9. What does Willy find ironic about people?
(a) They can pick winners but never bet on them.
(b) They are worth more to undertakers than to mortgagors.
(c) They are good at talking but do nott get paid for it.
(d) They are worth more dead than alive.
10. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
(a) He is fatter.
(b) He earns less money.
(c) He works harder.
(d) He has more good in him.
11. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
(a) He hears some noise so he thinks he would come in for a chat.
(b) He remembers to tell Willy about an important job opportunity.
(c) He hears some noise and thinks something has happened.
(d) He wants to play cards.
12. How does Willy refer to Howard?
(a) That snotnose
(b) That booby
(c) That little toad
(d) That asshole
13. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) Worrying about the mortgage
(b) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(c) Not being happy with Linda
(d) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
14. What does Willy admit to Charley?
(a) That he kissed Howard's secretary.
(b) That he has been stealing from Howard.
(c) That Howard verbally abused him.
(d) That Howard fired him.
15. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(b) Living on a farm
(c) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
(d) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
2. What reason does Biff give Linda for Willy throwing him out?
3. What advice does Willy remember Ben giving him?
4. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
5. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)