|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
(a) Driving badly in Yonkers
(b) Not going to Alaska with his brother
(c) Not buying new stockings for Linda
(d) Not talking to Mr Birnbaum about Biff's Math results
2. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he smokes cigarettes.
(b) Because he cannot handle tools.
(c) Because he always loses at cards.
(d) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
3. How does Willy refer to Howard?
(a) That little toad
(b) That snotnose
(c) That booby
(d) That asshole
4. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) Take-out meals
(b) A very large sample bag
(c) An attache case and a large sample case
(d) Two large sample cases
5. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(b) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
(c) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(d) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
6. What does Willy admit to Charley?
(a) That he kissed Howard's secretary.
(b) That Howard verbally abused him.
(c) That Howard fired him.
(d) That he has been stealing from Howard.
7. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In New England
(b) In Florida
(c) In Yonkers
(d) In New York
8. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) Worrying about the mortgage
(b) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
(c) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(d) Not being happy with Linda
9. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Shipping clerk and salesman
(b) Businessman and sales clerk
(c) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(d) Salesman and cattle herder
10. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) His big spending and his sense of humor
(b) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
(c) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
(d) The presents he gives her
11. Why is Bernard in Charley's office?
(a) He is stopping by to pick up his tennis rackets.
(b) He has called in to ask his father for a loan.
(c) He is stopping by on his way to Boston.
(d) He is stopping by on his way to Washington.
12. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(b) A melody played on a flute.
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
13. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
(a) Thirty-five years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Twenty-five years
14. Of what does Charley accuse Willy?
(a) Stealing his lumber
(b) Being in love with his wife
(c) Dominating Linda
(d) Being jealous of him all his life
15. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
(a) When he was in the turkish bath.
(b) When he had his pockets on.
(c) When he visited the butcher.
(d) When he built a railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
2. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
3. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
4. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
5. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)