|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
(b) Worrying about the mortgage
(c) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(d) Not being happy with Linda
2. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
3. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That Willy is behind in the premium.
(b) That Willy drives too fast.
(c) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(d) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
4. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he smokes cigarettes.
(b) Because he cannot handle tools.
(c) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
(d) Because he always loses at cards.
5. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To be like his father
(b) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(c) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(d) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
6. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(b) Willy has been talking to himself.
(c) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(d) Willy has been mocking Biff.
7. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
(a) It is the most fascinating relaxation he has ever found.
(b) It will soon be outdated and he regrets buying it.
(c) He thinks it represents a new product that Willy might sell.
(d) It will be the communicatioin tool of the future.
8. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Bill Oliver
(b) Willy Loman
(d) Ben Loman
9. Of what does Charley accuse Willy?
(a) Being in love with his wife
(b) Being jealous of him all his life
(c) Dominating Linda
(d) Stealing his lumber
10. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
(b) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
(c) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(d) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
11. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
(a) That he is to give Charley an answer about a job.
(b) That she needs two hundred dollars to cover the month's expenses.
(c) That he is to meet the boys for dinner at Frank's Chop House.
(d) That he is to meet Bill Oliver at Frank's Chop House.
12. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The new night dress she is wearing
(b) That she has dyed her hair
(c) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(d) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
13. Why is Bernard in Charley's office?
(a) He is stopping by on his way to Washington.
(b) He is stopping by to pick up his tennis rackets.
(c) He has called in to ask his father for a loan.
(d) He is stopping by on his way to Boston.
14. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Howard Macy
(b) Wolf Biederman
(c) Brown and Morrison
(d) Howard Wagner
15. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
(a) That Biff is driving a car without a licence.
(b) That Biff has stolen a football.
(c) That Biff has Bernard help him cheat at Math.
(d) That Biff is "stuck up."
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
2. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
3. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
4. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
5. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)