|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
(b) Because he cannot handle tools.
(c) Because he always loses at cards.
(d) Because he smokes cigarettes.
2. What does Charley kid Willy about?
(a) His weight, calling Willy a 'walrus'.
(b) His staying in the same house all those years.
(c) Biff's obsession with football.
(d) He pretends to have forgotten Biff's big day of football.
3. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Living on a farm
(b) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(c) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(d) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
4. What advice does Willy remember Ben giving him?
(a) Open a diamond mine in Alaska.
(b) Get out of the cities and buy a ranch.
(c) Go to Africa and prospect for diamonds.
(d) Get out of the cities and fight for a fortune in Alaska.
5. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
6. Why does Willy need to borrow money from Charley?
(a) He cannot afford his next car payment.
(b) He has no money to buy Linda a birthday present.
(c) He has a loan shark after him and is terrified.
(d) He cannot afford his insurance premium.
7. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) An attache case and a large sample case
(b) Two large sample cases
(c) A very large sample bag
(d) Take-out meals
8. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
(b) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(c) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(d) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
9. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
(b) His brother working with him out in the country
(c) His brother marrying and settling down
(d) His father retiring
10. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
(a) When he visited the butcher.
(b) When he had his pockets on.
(c) When he built a railroad.
(d) When he was in the turkish bath.
11. How does Willy refer to Howard?
(a) That asshole
(b) That booby
(c) That little toad
(d) That snotnose
12. What does Linda think will happen in Biff's meeting with Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff will return the goods he stole a few years ago.
(b) Biff will ask for ten or fifteen thousand dollars.
(c) Biff will ask Bill Oliver for a steady job.
(d) Biff will ask for thirty thousand dollars.
13. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
(a) A woman yells at him.
(b) The car breaks down.
(c) He runs off the road.
(d) He allows the car to veer over the white line.
14. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
(b) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(c) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
(d) She has not finished the washing-up.
15. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Willy's best friend
(b) Biff's previous employer
(c) Biff's previous employee
(d) Happy's merchandise manager
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
2. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
3. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
4. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
5. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)