|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda think will happen in Biff's meeting with Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff will ask for thirty thousand dollars.
(b) Biff will return the goods he stole a few years ago.
(c) Biff will ask Bill Oliver for a steady job.
(d) Biff will ask for ten or fifteen thousand dollars.
2. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(b) Either help out financially or stay away.
(c) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(d) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
3. Why didn't Biff attend the university?
(a) Biff didn't want to have to leave home.
(b) Willy couldn't afford the outrageous tuition fees.
(c) He flunked high school Math.
(d) He was unsuccessful in getting a football scholarship.
4. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
(a) He says he loves her.
(b) He says she is his foundation and support.
(c) He says she is wonderful and that he does not deserve her.
(d) He says she is his support and his lover.
5. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To give him a job
(b) To pay back some money lent in the past
(c) To ask him for a job
(d) To ask him for money
6. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
(a) He skips some mortgage payments.
(b) He pawns a diamond watch that is a gift from Ben.
(c) He sells lumber stolen from a building site.
(d) He works harder and travels further.
7. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
(a) He says he would like to buy some seeds.
(b) He says he will buy a new blue suit.
(c) He says he will talk to Bill Oliver.
(d) He says he will get the boys to help him plant some seeds.
8. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
(b) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
(c) His big spending and his sense of humor
(d) The presents he gives her
9. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
(a) Loan shark
(b) Car salesman
(c) Motor mechanic
10. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
(a) He is insulted.
(b) He says the offer is not generous enough.
(c) He says he is too old to learn anything new.
(d) He stresses that he already has a job.
11. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To be like his father
(b) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(c) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(d) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
12. What great misconception does Willy express to Ben?
(a) That a man can end up rich just by being liked.
(b) That all you need to offer is loyalty and the rest will follow.
(c) That all anyone needs is a case of samples.
(d) That people will always keep their word.
13. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
(a) It will be the communicatioin tool of the future.
(b) It is the most fascinating relaxation he has ever found.
(c) It will soon be outdated and he regrets buying it.
(d) He thinks it represents a new product that Willy might sell.
14. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
(a) Thirty years
(b) Twenty-five years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Thirty-five years
15. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In the fur trade
(b) In oil
(c) In Alaskan exploration
(d) In diamond mines
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Willy believe Howard made to him during the Christmas party?
2. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
3. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
4. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
5. What does Willy intend to do during the day?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)