Short Answer Key
Act 1, Pages 130-149
1. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
A melody played on a flute.
2. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
Tall apartment buildings
3. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
Two large sample cases
4. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
5. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
6. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
7. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
He runs off the road.
8. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
In New England
9. Who is Willy's employer?
10. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
11. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
Linda mentions that Biff has...
This section contains 2,576 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)