|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
2. What musical instrument can be heard as the scene changes?
(a) A ukelele
(b) A flute
(c) A harmonica
(d) A violin
3. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(b) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(c) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
(d) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
4. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
(a) That he knows a good deal about the way basketballs are packed in cartons.
(b) That he knows sporting goods better than Adidas.
(c) That he knows sporting goods better than Spalding.
(d) That he has tried every brand, but Spalding is best.
5. Who brings flowers for Linda?
(a) Bill Oliver
Short Answer Questions
1. What deal does Biff claim is discussed with Bill Oliver and his partner?
2. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
3. Of what does Charley accuse Willy?
4. Who is Letta?
5. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)