|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
(a) A job where he will not have to go out on the road
(b) To intercede with Howard to give Willy his job back
(c) A supervisory job in Boston
(d) Fifty dollars per week for life
2. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Always fight fair with a stranger.
(b) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(c) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(d) Never fight fair with a stranger.
3. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) The rallying call of a German soccer team
(b) A famous German dessert pastry
(c) An exclusive vintage wine
(d) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
4. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
(b) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(c) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
(d) She has not finished the washing-up.
5. How does Willy explain the Woman's presence to Biff?
(a) He says she is a visiting executive who has been accidentally locked out of her room.
(b) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons who is running away from a violent husband.
(c) He says she is a buyer for Westinghouse and has lost her car keys.
(d) He says she is a buyer for J. H. Simmons and her room is being painted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
2. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
3. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
4. All the old buyers who loved Willy are ___________.
5. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)