|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy find ironic about people?
(a) They are worth more dead than alive.
(b) They are good at talking but do nott get paid for it.
(c) They are worth more to undertakers than to mortgagors.
(d) They can pick winners but never bet on them.
2. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(b) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
(c) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(d) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
3. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They do not have a clear mission statement.
(b) They are not competitive enough.
(c) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
(d) They are not loyal and committed.
4. At what time does Happy give Linda some money?
(a) Memorial Day
(b) Her birthday
5. What University had Biff aspired to attend?
(b) The University of Virginia
(c) Oral Roberts University
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda think is best?
2. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
3. Where is the big match to be held?
4. How does Biff respond to Linda's accusations?
5. Why does Stanley tell off the other waiter?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)