|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
(a) He brokers a sponsorship deal with the Yankees.
(b) He keeps his high sales figures until well into his nineties.
(c) He travels in the smoking car and has green velvet slippers.
(d) Even at the age of eighty-four, he is a successful salesman.
2. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
(a) That he knows a good deal about the way basketballs are packed in cartons.
(b) That he knows sporting goods better than Adidas.
(c) That he knows sporting goods better than Spalding.
(d) That he has tried every brand, but Spalding is best.
3. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
(a) He would have built a house on Long Island.
(b) He would have been able to work from home.
(c) He would not have to leave home any more.
(d) He would have been able to travel in luxury.
4. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
(b) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
(c) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(d) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
5. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
(a) That he looks like a walrus.
(b) That he looks like a salesman.
(c) That he has no character.
(d) That he has no talent for earning money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstances have led to Biff's leaving in the past?
2. What uncomfortable truth does Biff expose?
3. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
4. What is Linda's response to the flowers?
5. What other device is Willy using?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)