|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 193-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
2. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(b) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(c) Biff has failed Math.
(d) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
3. Why does Willy need to borrow money from Charley?
(a) He has no money to buy Linda a birthday present.
(b) He cannot afford his next car payment.
(c) He has a loan shark after him and is terrified.
(d) He cannot afford his insurance premium.
4. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
(b) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
(c) His big spending and his sense of humor
(d) The presents he gives her
5. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff's previous employee
(b) Biff's previous employer
(c) Happy's merchandise manager
(d) Willy's best friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
2. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Willy is staying in Boston?
4. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
5. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)