|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 193-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(b) That he wants to steal lumber.
(c) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(d) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
2. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Brown and Morrison
(b) Howard Wagner
(c) Wolf Biederman
(d) Howard Macy
3. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
(a) Biff's theft of the fountain pen.
(b) Biff's getting the sack for laziness.
(c) Biff's inefficiency in the shipping area.
(d) Biff's theft of the basketballs all those years ago.
4. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(b) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(c) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(d) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
5. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
(b) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(c) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(d) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
2. What does Willy find ironic about people?
3. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
4. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
5. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)