|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 193-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(b) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(c) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(d) They have a heavy mortgage.
2. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
(a) That Biff has Bernard help him cheat at Math.
(b) That Biff has stolen a football.
(c) That Biff is driving a car without a licence.
(d) That Biff is "stuck up."
3. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) His father retiring
(b) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
(c) His brother working with him out in the country
(d) His brother marrying and settling down
4. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
(b) Willy is fired.
(c) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
(d) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
5. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
(a) Birnbaum was jealous because Biff was actually better at calculus than was his teacher.
(b) Birnbaum caught Biff kissing his daughter behind the bicycle sheds.
(c) Birnbaum is jealous of Biff's looks.
(d) Binbaum caught Biff mimicking him in front of the other students.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
2. What is the name of the hotel where Willy is staying in Boston?
3. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
4. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
5. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)