|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 193-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Happy uses the word :strudel," to what is he referring?
(a) A glamorous girl who has just entered the restaurant.
(b) The rallying call of a German soccer team
(c) A famous German dessert pastry
(d) An exclusive vintage wine
2. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
(a) Thirty-four years
(b) Thirty years
(c) Forty-three years
(d) Forty years
3. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
(a) For cutting down two beautiful elm trees
(b) For harassment and fraud
(c) For preventing Willy from growing carrots in his backyard
(d) For building the bad-taste apartments
4. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
(a) He travels in the smoking car and has green velvet slippers.
(b) He brokers a sponsorship deal with the Yankees.
(c) He keeps his high sales figures until well into his nineties.
(d) Even at the age of eighty-four, he is a successful salesman.
5. What does Willy find ironic about people?
(a) They are worth more to undertakers than to mortgagors.
(b) They can pick winners but never bet on them.
(c) They are good at talking but do nott get paid for it.
(d) They are worth more dead than alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
2. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
3. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
4. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
5. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)