|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 193-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
(a) That he looks like a walrus.
(b) That he looks like a salesman.
(c) That he has no talent for earning money.
(d) That he has no character.
2. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(b) Ben Loman
(c) Willy Loman
(d) Bill Oliver
3. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(b) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(c) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(d) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
4. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
(a) When he built a railroad.
(b) When he was in the turkish bath.
(c) When he had his pockets on.
(d) When he visited the butcher.
5. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
(a) He does not think Math is important.
(b) He thinks it is now too late. He does not think Willy can argue well enough.
(c) He no longer has respect for his father.
(d) He knows it really would not work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
2. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
3. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
4. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
5. How did Ben make his fortune?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)