|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 193-212.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
(b) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(c) She has not finished the washing-up.
(d) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
2. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
(a) Linda mentions that Biff has "just got off [a] train."
(b) Linda tells Willy she met the train.
(c) Biff's suitcase is in the hall.
(d) A partially unpacked suitcase is on Biff's bed.
3. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
(a) He no longer has respect for his father.
(b) He does not think Math is important.
(c) He knows it really would not work.
(d) He thinks it is now too late. He does not think Willy can argue well enough.
4. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
(a) He would have been able to work from home.
(b) He would have been able to travel in luxury.
(c) He would not have to leave home any more.
(d) He would have built a house on Long Island.
5. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(b) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
(c) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
(d) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
2. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
3. How is the presence of the Woman given away?
4. Where does Stanley suggest Willy buy seeds?
5. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)