|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
(a) Biff's suitcase is in the hall.
(b) A partially unpacked suitcase is on Biff's bed.
(c) Linda tells Willy she met the train.
(d) Linda mentions that Biff has "just got off [a] train."
2. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It indicates he is over confident.
(b) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
(c) It is tuneless.
(d) It annoys other people in the lift.
3. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
(a) A job where he will not have to go out on the road
(b) To intercede with Howard to give Willy his job back
(c) Fifty dollars per week for life
(d) A supervisory job in Boston
4. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
(a) He says he will buy a new blue suit.
(b) He says he would like to buy some seeds.
(c) He says he will talk to Bill Oliver.
(d) He says he will get the boys to help him plant some seeds.
5. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ben living when he died?
2. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
3. At what point did Biff's attitude change, according to Bernard?
4. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
5. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)