|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
(b) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(c) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
(d) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
2. At what point did Biff's attitude change, according to Bernard?
(a) Biff's trip to Yonkers
(b) Biff's attendance at a religious crusade
(c) Biff's conversation with the football coach
(d) Biff's trip to Boston
3. What does Willy admit to Charley?
(a) That Howard verbally abused him.
(b) That he kissed Howard's secretary.
(c) That Howard fired him.
(d) That he has been stealing from Howard.
4. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(b) Not being happy with Linda
(c) Worrying about the mortgage
(d) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
5. Why does Willy need to borrow money from Charley?
(a) He cannot afford his insurance premium.
(b) He has no money to buy Linda a birthday present.
(c) He cannot afford his next car payment.
(d) He has a loan shark after him and is terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley kid Willy about?
2. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
3. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
4. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
5. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)