|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(b) Businessman and sales clerk
(c) Salesman and cattle herder
(d) Shipping clerk and salesman
2. Why didn't Biff attend the university?
(a) Biff didn't want to have to leave home.
(b) He flunked high school Math.
(c) He was unsuccessful in getting a football scholarship.
(d) Willy couldn't afford the outrageous tuition fees.
3. What does Charley kid Willy about?
(a) He pretends to have forgotten Biff's big day of football.
(b) His weight, calling Willy a 'walrus'.
(c) His staying in the same house all those years.
(d) Biff's obsession with football.
4. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Someone with financial experience
(b) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
(c) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
(d) Someone like his mother
5. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
(a) A supervisory job in Boston
(b) A job where he will not have to go out on the road
(c) To intercede with Howard to give Willy his job back
(d) Fifty dollars per week for life
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
2. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
3. What does Willy intend to do during the day?
4. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
5. What does Willy admit to Charley?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)