|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy admit to Charley?
(a) That he has been stealing from Howard.
(b) That he kissed Howard's secretary.
(c) That Howard fired him.
(d) That Howard verbally abused him.
2. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
(b) His father retiring
(c) His brother marrying and settling down
(d) His brother working with him out in the country
3. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(b) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
(c) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
(d) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
4. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
(a) A supervisory job in Boston
(b) To intercede with Howard to give Willy his job back
(c) Fifty dollars per week for life
(d) A job where he will not have to go out on the road
5. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The new night dress she is wearing
(b) That she has dyed her hair
(c) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(d) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
2. How does Willy refer to Howard?
3. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
4. All the old buyers who loved Willy are ___________.
5. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)