|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
(a) He brokers a sponsorship deal with the Yankees.
(b) He keeps his high sales figures until well into his nineties.
(c) He travels in the smoking car and has green velvet slippers.
(d) Even at the age of eighty-four, he is a successful salesman.
2. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) That she has dyed her hair
(b) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(c) The new night dress she is wearing
(d) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
3. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
(a) He stresses that he already has a job.
(b) He is insulted.
(c) He says the offer is not generous enough.
(d) He says he is too old to learn anything new.
4. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
(a) That he has tried every brand, but Spalding is best.
(b) That he knows a good deal about the way basketballs are packed in cartons.
(c) That he knows sporting goods better than Spalding.
(d) That he knows sporting goods better than Adidas.
5. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
2. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
3. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
4. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
5. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)