|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ben living when he died?
2. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) A melody played on a flute.
(b) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
3. What reason does Biff give Linda for Willy throwing him out?
(a) Willy finds out Biff had been gambling.
(b) Willy does not like Biff bringing girls home.
(c) Willy is uncomfortable around people who know he is a fake.
(d) Biff has not paid enough board to his parents.
4. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
(b) Willy is fired.
(c) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
(d) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
5. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
(b) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(c) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(d) Either help out financially or stay away.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
2. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
3. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
4. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
5. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)