|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Someone like his mother
(b) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
(c) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
(d) Someone with financial experience
2. How has Willy's salary rate changed?
(a) He is to be paid according to a strict time sheet.
(b) He is no longer paid overtime.
(c) His rate of commission has been reduced.
(d) He is now on commission only like a beginner.
3. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(b) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(c) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(d) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
4. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
(b) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(c) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(d) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
5. What does Linda think will happen in Biff's meeting with Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff will ask Bill Oliver for a steady job.
(b) Biff will ask for thirty thousand dollars.
(c) Biff will return the goods he stole a few years ago.
(d) Biff will ask for ten or fifteen thousand dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
2. What does Willy find ironic about people?
3. According to Charley, what is the only thing Willy has in the world?
4. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
5. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)