|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(b) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(c) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(d) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
2. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) An attache case and a large sample case
(b) Two large sample cases
(c) A very large sample bag
(d) Take-out meals
3. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
(a) He hears some noise and thinks something has happened.
(b) He hears some noise so he thinks he would come in for a chat.
(c) He wants to play cards.
(d) He remembers to tell Willy about an important job opportunity.
4. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
(a) That he has stolen Howard's fountain pen.
(b) That Happy is about to be married.
(c) That Charley is the only friend he has.
(d) That Biff discovered a secret in Boston.
5. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
(a) They are too expensive, badly designed and badly made.
(b) They have design faults.
(c) They are not made by American companies.
(d) They wear out or break before he has fully paid for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Willy believe Howard made to him during the Christmas party?
2. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
3. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
4. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
5. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)