|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(b) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
(c) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(d) Biff has failed Math.
2. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Willy Loman
(b) Bill Oliver
(d) Ben Loman
3. What great misconception does Willy express to Ben?
(a) That a man can end up rich just by being liked.
(b) That people will always keep their word.
(c) That all you need to offer is loyalty and the rest will follow.
(d) That all anyone needs is a case of samples.
4. What does Willy find ironic about people?
(a) They are worth more dead than alive.
(b) They can pick winners but never bet on them.
(c) They are good at talking but do nott get paid for it.
(d) They are worth more to undertakers than to mortgagors.
5. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
(a) When he had his pockets on.
(b) When he was in the turkish bath.
(c) When he visited the butcher.
(d) When he built a railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
2. What does Biff say would make him happy?
3. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
4. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
5. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)