|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To give him a job
(b) To ask him for a job
(c) To pay back some money lent in the past
(d) To ask him for money
2. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
(b) It annoys other people in the lift.
(c) It is tuneless.
(d) It indicates he is over confident.
3. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
(a) By selling agricultural machinery he had invented
(b) By selling the flutes he had made
(c) By giving flute concerts in every town they visited
(d) By working in bars
4. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
(b) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(c) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
(d) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
5. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(b) Either help out financially or stay away.
(c) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(d) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
2. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
3. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
4. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
5. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)