|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bernard in Charley's office?
(a) He has called in to ask his father for a loan.
(b) He is stopping by on his way to Washington.
(c) He is stopping by to pick up his tennis rackets.
(d) He is stopping by on his way to Boston.
2. What great misconception does Willy express to Ben?
(a) That a man can end up rich just by being liked.
(b) That all you need to offer is loyalty and the rest will follow.
(c) That all anyone needs is a case of samples.
(d) That people will always keep their word.
3. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff's previous employee
(b) Biff's previous employer
(c) Willy's best friend
(d) Happy's merchandise manager
4. What is the outcome of Willy's visit to Howard?
(a) Willy is given the desk job that he wants.
(b) Howard tells Willy he must work in Boston.
(c) Willy loses his temper and resigns.
(d) Willy is fired.
5. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
(b) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
(c) Someone with financial experience
(d) Someone like his mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
2. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
3. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
4. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
5. What does Willy intend to do during the day?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)