|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
2. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(b) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
(c) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
(d) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
3. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he always loses at cards.
(b) Because he cannot handle tools.
(c) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
(d) Because he smokes cigarettes.
4. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
(a) It will be the communicatioin tool of the future.
(b) It is the most fascinating relaxation he has ever found.
(c) It will soon be outdated and he regrets buying it.
(d) He thinks it represents a new product that Willy might sell.
5. To what does Bernard attribute Biff's lack of success after the age of seventeen?
(a) Biff has never trained himself for anything.
(b) Bernard simply has no idea.
(c) Bernard says people do not trust Biff to commit.
(d) Biff has never been well-liked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
2. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
3. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
4. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
5. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)