|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In oil
(b) In diamond mines
(c) In Alaskan exploration
(d) In the fur trade
2. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) Biff has failed Math.
(b) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(c) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(d) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
3. What does Willy intend to do during the day?
(a) Get a haircut and buy a new suit in readiness for his dinner with the boys.
(b) See Howard and convince him to allow Willy to be taken off road work to stay in New York.
(c) Convince Howard that he needs a pay rise.
(d) Ask Howard for a job as a branch manager since he has been with the company for so long.
4. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
(a) He keeps his high sales figures until well into his nineties.
(b) He brokers a sponsorship deal with the Yankees.
(c) Even at the age of eighty-four, he is a successful salesman.
(d) He travels in the smoking car and has green velvet slippers.
5. What offer of Charley's does Willy refuse?
(a) A job where he will not have to go out on the road
(b) A supervisory job in Boston
(c) To intercede with Howard to give Willy his job back
(d) Fifty dollars per week for life
Short Answer Questions
1. All the old buyers who loved Willy are ___________.
2. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
3. How does Willy refer to Howard?
4. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
5. Why is Bernard in Charley's office?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)