|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 173-193.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(b) Either help out financially or stay away.
(c) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
(d) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
2. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
(a) He earns less money.
(b) He works harder.
(c) He has more good in him.
(d) He is fatter.
3. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They do not have a clear mission statement.
(b) They are not loyal and committed.
(c) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
(d) They are not competitive enough.
4. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
(a) He says she is wonderful and that he does not deserve her.
(b) He says she is his support and his lover.
(c) He says he loves her.
(d) He says she is his foundation and support.
5. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(b) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
(c) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(d) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bill Oliver?
2. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
3. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
4. What is it that Linda almost forgets to tell Willy?
5. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)