|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(b) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(c) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
(d) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
2. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(b) She has not finished the washing-up.
(c) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
(d) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
3. All the old buyers who loved Willy are ___________.
(a) in New York
(b) dead or retired
(c) retired to Florida
(d) in Boston
4. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
(a) That Biff is driving a car without a licence.
(b) That Biff is "stuck up."
(c) That Biff has stolen a football.
(d) That Biff has Bernard help him cheat at Math.
5. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(b) That she has dyed her hair
(c) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
(d) The new night dress she is wearing
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
2. Who is Bill Oliver?
3. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
4. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
5. At what time does Happy give Linda some money?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)