|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
(a) Biff's suitcase is in the hall.
(b) A partially unpacked suitcase is on Biff's bed.
(c) Linda tells Willy she met the train.
(d) Linda mentions that Biff has "just got off [a] train."
2. At what time does Happy give Linda some money?
(b) Memorial Day
(d) Her birthday
3. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(b) A melody played on a flute.
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
4. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
(a) She has always been able to contact Biff.
(b) For over six months
(c) For over three months
(d) For over a year
5. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) Biff has failed Math.
(b) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(c) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(d) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
2. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
3. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
4. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
5. Where was Ben living when he died?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)