|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he wants to steal lumber.
(b) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
(c) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(d) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
2. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
(b) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(c) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(d) Living on a farm
3. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They are not loyal and committed.
(b) They do not have a clear mission statement.
(c) They are not competitive enough.
(d) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
4. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
(a) From Howard Wagner
(b) From Uncle Ben
(c) From Bill Oliver
(d) From Charley
5. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) The presents he gives her
(b) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
(c) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
(d) His big spending and his sense of humor
Short Answer Questions
1. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
2. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
3. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
4. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
5. Who is Bill Oliver?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)