|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(b) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
(c) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
(d) She has not finished the washing-up.
2. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(b) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(c) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(d) They have a heavy mortgage.
3. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) His brother marrying and settling down
(b) His father retiring
(c) His brother working with him out in the country
(d) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
4. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To be like his father
(b) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(c) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(d) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
5. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(b) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
(c) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
(d) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
2. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
3. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
4. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
5. Who is Bill Oliver?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)