|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Brown and Morrison
(b) Howard Macy
(c) Wolf Biederman
(d) Howard Wagner
2. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
(a) By selling the flutes he had made
(b) By selling agricultural machinery he had invented
(c) By working in bars
(d) By giving flute concerts in every town they visited
3. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It annoys other people in the lift.
(b) It indicates he is over confident.
(c) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
(d) It is tuneless.
4. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
(a) She has always been able to contact Biff.
(b) For over six months
(c) For over a year
(d) For over three months
5. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
(b) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(c) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(d) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
2. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
3. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
4. What reason does Biff give Linda for Willy throwing him out?
5. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)