|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Willy's salary rate changed?
(a) His rate of commission has been reduced.
(b) He is no longer paid overtime.
(c) He is now on commission only like a beginner.
(d) He is to be paid according to a strict time sheet.
2. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(b) Salesman and cattle herder
(c) Shipping clerk and salesman
(d) Businessman and sales clerk
3. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Someone with financial experience
(b) Someone like his mother
(c) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
(d) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
4. All the old buyers who loved Willy are ___________.
(a) dead or retired
(b) retired to Florida
(c) in New York
(d) in Boston
5. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(b) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(c) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(d) They have a heavy mortgage.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
2. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
3. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
4. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
5. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)