|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In Alaskan exploration
(b) In the fur trade
(c) In diamond mines
(d) In oil
2. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
3. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
(a) He says she is his support and his lover.
(b) He says she is wonderful and that he does not deserve her.
(c) He says he loves her.
(d) He says she is his foundation and support.
4. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) That she has dyed her hair
(b) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
(c) The new night dress she is wearing
(d) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
5. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
(a) Linda tells Willy she met the train.
(b) Linda mentions that Biff has "just got off [a] train."
(c) A partially unpacked suitcase is on Biff's bed.
(d) Biff's suitcase is in the hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
2. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
3. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
4. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
5. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)