|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
(b) Either help out financially or stay away.
(c) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(d) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
2. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) The presents he gives her
(b) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
(c) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
(d) His big spending and his sense of humor
3. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(b) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(c) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(d) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
4. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
(a) That he knows sporting goods better than Adidas.
(b) That he has tried every brand, but Spalding is best.
(c) That he knows a good deal about the way basketballs are packed in cartons.
(d) That he knows sporting goods better than Spalding.
5. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
(b) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(c) That he wants to steal lumber.
(d) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
2. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
3. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
4. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
5. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)