|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) Biff has failed Math.
(b) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
(c) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(d) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
2. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
(a) He skips some mortgage payments.
(b) He pawns a diamond watch that is a gift from Ben.
(c) He works harder and travels further.
(d) He sells lumber stolen from a building site.
3. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
(a) From Bill Oliver
(b) From Howard Wagner
(c) From Uncle Ben
(d) From Charley
4. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) Office buildings
(b) A wide stoop
(d) Tall apartment buildings
5. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(b) That he wants to steal lumber.
(c) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
(d) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bill Oliver?
2. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
3. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
4. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
5. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)