|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
(a) A hundred dollars
(b) Fifty-six dollars
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) Ninety-six dollars
2. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Shipping clerk and salesman
(b) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(c) Salesman and cattle herder
(d) Businessman and sales clerk
3. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(b) Stage hands moving sets about
(c) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(d) A melody played on a flute.
4. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he wants to steal lumber.
(b) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(c) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
(d) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
5. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
(a) He is angry with Linda for not telling them sooner.
(b) He says Willy is a "poor fool."
(c) He says Willy is a "damned fool."
(d) He says this is terrible and he must do something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
2. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
3. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
4. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
5. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)