|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
(a) By working in bars
(b) By giving flute concerts in every town they visited
(c) By selling agricultural machinery he had invented
(d) By selling the flutes he had made
2. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
(a) From Howard Wagner
(b) From Bill Oliver
(c) From Uncle Ben
(d) From Charley
3. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
(b) That Willy drives too fast.
(c) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(d) That Willy is behind in the premium.
4. What does Biff need to do in order to avoid flunking Math?
(a) Bribe Mr Birnbaum
(b) Apologize to Mr Birnbaum
(c) Finally hand in his Math assignments
(d) Become organized and study hard
5. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(b) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(c) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(d) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
2. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
3. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
4. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
5. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)