|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
(b) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(c) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(d) Biff has failed Math.
2. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
(a) That he knows sporting goods better than Spalding.
(b) That he knows sporting goods better than Adidas.
(c) That he has tried every brand, but Spalding is best.
(d) That he knows a good deal about the way basketballs are packed in cartons.
3. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Howard Wagner
(b) Wolf Biederman
(c) Brown and Morrison
(d) Howard Macy
4. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In New York
(b) In New England
(c) In Yonkers
(d) In Florida
5. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
(a) Biff's suitcase is in the hall.
(b) A partially unpacked suitcase is on Biff's bed.
(c) Linda mentions that Biff has "just got off [a] train."
(d) Linda tells Willy she met the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
2. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
3. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
4. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
5. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)