|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
(b) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(c) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(d) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
2. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(b) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
(c) She has not finished the washing-up.
(d) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
3. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
(b) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(c) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(d) Living on a farm
4. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(d) Morris Minor
5. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
(b) Because he always loses at cards.
(c) Because he cannot handle tools.
(d) Because he smokes cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
2. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
3. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
4. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
5. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)