|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
(a) That Biff has stolen a football.
(b) That Biff is driving a car without a licence.
(c) That Biff is "stuck up."
(d) That Biff has Bernard help him cheat at Math.
2. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(b) Either help out financially or stay away.
(c) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(d) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
3. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
(a) He says she is his support and his lover.
(b) He says he loves her.
(c) He says she is his foundation and support.
(d) He says she is wonderful and that he does not deserve her.
4. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(b) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(c) Always fight fair with a stranger.
(d) Never fight fair with a stranger.
5. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(b) Biff has failed Math.
(c) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
(d) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Biff give Linda for Willy throwing him out?
2. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
3. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
4. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
5. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)