|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
(a) He buys it at Wal-Mmart.
(b) He and Charlie steal the materials from a building site.
(c) He has Ben import the lumber from Alaska.
(d) He has Biff and Happy steal from a building site.
2. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) His father retiring
(b) His brother marrying and settling down
(c) His brother working with him out in the country
(d) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
3. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) Two large sample cases
(b) Take-out meals
(c) A very large sample bag
(d) An attache case and a large sample case
4. What reason does Biff give Linda for Willy throwing him out?
(a) Willy finds out Biff had been gambling.
(b) Biff has not paid enough board to his parents.
(c) Willy is uncomfortable around people who know he is a fake.
(d) Willy does not like Biff bringing girls home.
5. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(b) Biff has failed Math.
(c) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
(d) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
2. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
3. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
4. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
5. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)