|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) His big spending and his sense of humor
(b) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
(c) The presents he gives her
(d) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
2. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(b) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(c) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(d) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
3. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(b) A wide stoop
(c) Office buildings
(d) Tall apartment buildings
4. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
(a) That he knows sporting goods better than Adidas.
(b) That he has tried every brand, but Spalding is best.
(c) That he knows a good deal about the way basketballs are packed in cartons.
(d) That he knows sporting goods better than Spalding.
5. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They do not have a clear mission statement.
(b) They are not loyal and committed.
(c) They are not competitive enough.
(d) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
2. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
3. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
4. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
5. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)