|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(b) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(c) Living on a farm
(d) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
2. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
(a) He says she is wonderful and that he does not deserve her.
(b) He says she is his foundation and support.
(c) He says he loves her.
(d) He says she is his support and his lover.
3. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(b) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
(c) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(d) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
4. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In New England
(b) In Yonkers
(c) In Florida
(d) In New York
5. At what time does Happy give Linda some money?
(b) Her birthday
(c) Memorial Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
2. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
3. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
4. Who is Willy's employer?
5. What does Biff say would make him happy?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)