|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They are not competitive enough.
(b) They do not have a clear mission statement.
(c) They are not loyal and committed.
(d) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
2. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
(b) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(c) Either help out financially or stay away.
(d) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
3. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
(a) Do business on a handshake and fight fair.
(b) Never fight fair with a stranger.
(c) Treat business like a jungle and watch out for the monkeys.
(d) Always fight fair with a stranger.
4. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) A very large sample bag
(b) Two large sample cases
(c) An attache case and a large sample case
(d) Take-out meals
5. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
(a) He is fatter.
(b) He works harder.
(c) He has more good in him.
(d) He earns less money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
2. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
3. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
4. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
5. Where was Ben living when he died?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)