|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
(b) Someone with financial experience
(c) Someone like his mother
(d) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
2. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(b) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(c) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(d) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
3. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Stage hands moving sets about
(b) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(c) A melody played on a flute.
(d) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
4. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) A wide stoop
(c) Office buildings
(d) Tall apartment buildings
5. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) His father retiring
(b) His brother working with him out in the country
(c) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
(d) His brother marrying and settling down
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
2. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
3. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
4. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
5. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)