|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff's previous employee
(b) Willy's best friend
(c) Biff's previous employer
(d) Happy's merchandise manager
2. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(b) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(c) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(d) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
3. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(b) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
(c) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(d) To be like his father
4. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(a) Morris Minor
5. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Wolf Biederman
(b) Howard Wagner
(c) Howard Macy
(d) Brown and Morrison
Short Answer Questions
1. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
2. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
3. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
4. What does Biff say would make him happy?
5. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)