|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
2. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In Yonkers
(b) In New England
(c) In New York
(d) In Florida
3. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
(b) Car salesman
(c) Loan shark
(d) Motor mechanic
4. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Businessman and sales clerk
(b) Shipping clerk and salesman
(c) Salesman and cattle herder
(d) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
5. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
(a) Biff's suitcase is in the hall.
(b) A partially unpacked suitcase is on Biff's bed.
(c) Linda mentions that Biff has "just got off [a] train."
(d) Linda tells Willy she met the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
2. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
3. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
4. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
5. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)