|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(b) Willy has been mocking Biff.
(c) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(d) Willy has been talking to himself.
2. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) That she has dyed her hair
(b) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
(c) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
(d) The new night dress she is wearing
3. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
4. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
(b) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(c) That he wants to steal lumber.
(d) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
5. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(b) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(c) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(d) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
2. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
3. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
4. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
5. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)