|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
(b) Someone with financial experience
(c) Someone like his mother
(d) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
2. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) His father retiring
(b) His brother working with him out in the country
(c) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
(d) His brother marrying and settling down
3. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(b) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(c) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(d) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
4. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(b) They have a heavy mortgage.
(c) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(d) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
5. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In Yonkers
(b) In New York
(c) In New England
(d) In Florida
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
2. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
3. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
4. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
5. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)