|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Stage hands moving sets about
(b) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(c) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(d) A melody played on a flute.
2. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) His father retiring
(b) His brother working with him out in the country
(c) His brother marrying and settling down
(d) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
3. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(b) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(c) That he wants to steal lumber.
(d) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
4. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In Yonkers
(b) In New England
(c) In New York
(d) In Florida
5. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff's previous employer
(b) Willy's best friend
(c) Happy's merchandise manager
(d) Biff's previous employee
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
2. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
3. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
4. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
5. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)