|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) A melody played on a flute.
(b) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
2. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(d) Morris Minor
3. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To give him a job
(b) To ask him for money
(c) To ask him for a job
(d) To pay back some money lent in the past
4. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
(a) For harassment and fraud
(b) For building the bad-taste apartments
(c) For preventing Willy from growing carrots in his backyard
(d) For cutting down two beautiful elm trees
5. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) Office buildings
(b) A wide stoop
(d) Tall apartment buildings
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
2. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
3. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
4. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
5. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)