|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Businessman and sales clerk
(b) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(c) Salesman and cattle herder
(d) Shipping clerk and salesman
2. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The new night dress she is wearing
(b) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
(c) That she has dyed her hair
(d) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
3. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(b) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
(c) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(d) Biff has failed Math.
4. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To give him a job
(b) To ask him for money
(c) To pay back some money lent in the past
(d) To ask him for a job
5. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(b) A melody played on a flute.
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
2. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
3. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
4. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
5. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)