|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
(a) The new night dress she is wearing
(b) The smell of shaving lotion pervading the house
(c) That she has dyed her hair
(d) The aroma of the Irish stew she made for dinner
2. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In New England
(b) In New York
(c) In Florida
(d) In Yonkers
3. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
(a) A woman yells at him.
(b) The car breaks down.
(c) He runs off the road.
(d) He allows the car to veer over the white line.
4. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(b) A melody played on a flute.
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
5. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
(b) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
(c) Biff has failed Math.
(d) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
2. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
3. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
4. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
5. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)