|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) His father retiring
(b) His brother working with him out in the country
(c) His brother marrying and settling down
(d) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
2. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Shipping clerk and salesman
(b) Salesman and cattle herder
(c) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(d) Businessman and sales clerk
3. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Willy's best friend
(b) Happy's merchandise manager
(c) Biff's previous employer
(d) Biff's previous employee
4. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) A wide stoop
(b) Office buildings
(d) Tall apartment buildings
5. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(b) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(c) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(d) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
2. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
3. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
4. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
5. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)