|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To pay back some money lent in the past
(b) To ask him for money
(c) To give him a job
(d) To ask him for a job
2. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Salesman and cattle herder
(b) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(c) Businessman and sales clerk
(d) Shipping clerk and salesman
3. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(b) Willy has been talking to himself.
(c) Willy has been mocking Biff.
(d) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
4. Who does Happy say is his ideal girl?
(a) Anyone he can look up to and who will help him get along
(b) Someone who is a good cook and a good typist
(c) Someone with financial experience
(d) Someone like his mother
5. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(b) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(c) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(d) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
2. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
3. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
4. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
5. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)