|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(b) Shipping clerk and salesman
(c) Salesman and cattle herder
(d) Businessman and sales clerk
2. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To be like his father
(b) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
(c) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(d) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
3. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(b) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(c) Willy has been mocking Biff.
(d) Willy has been talking to himself.
4. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(b) They have a heavy mortgage.
(c) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(d) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
5. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he wants to steal lumber.
(b) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(c) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
(d) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
2. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
3. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
4. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
5. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)