|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To ask him for money
(b) To ask him for a job
(c) To give him a job
(d) To pay back some money lent in the past
2. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
(a) For harassment and fraud
(b) For cutting down two beautiful elm trees
(c) For building the bad-taste apartments
(d) For preventing Willy from growing carrots in his backyard
3. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(b) A melody played on a flute.
(c) Stage hands moving sets about
(d) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
4. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
(a) A partially unpacked suitcase is on Biff's bed.
(b) Biff's suitcase is in the hall.
(c) Linda tells Willy she met the train.
(d) Linda mentions that Biff has "just got off [a] train."
5. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) A very large sample bag
(b) Two large sample cases
(c) Take-out meals
(d) An attache case and a large sample case
Short Answer Questions
1. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
2. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
3. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
4. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
5. Who is Willy's employer?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)