|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To give him a job
(b) To ask him for money
(c) To ask him for a job
(d) To pay back some money lent in the past
2. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
3. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
(a) He says she is wonderful and that he does not deserve her.
(b) He says he loves her.
(c) He says she is his foundation and support.
(d) He says she is his support and his lover.
4. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(b) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
(c) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(d) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
5. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
(a) That he has tried every brand, but Spalding is best.
(b) That he knows a good deal about the way basketballs are packed in cartons.
(c) That he knows sporting goods better than Spalding.
(d) That he knows sporting goods better than Adidas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
2. Who is Bill Oliver?
3. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
4. Who is Willy's employer?
5. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)