|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he wants to steal lumber.
(b) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
(c) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(d) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
2. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
(b) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(c) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(d) To be like his father
3. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(b) Morris Minor
4. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(b) A wide stoop
(c) Office buildings
(d) Tall apartment buildings
5. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(b) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(c) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(d) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
2. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
3. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
4. Who is Bill Oliver?
5. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)