|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
(b) To be like his father
(c) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(d) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
2. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(b) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(c) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
(d) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
3. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(b) They have a heavy mortgage.
(c) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(d) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
4. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In Yonkers
(b) In New York
(c) In New England
(d) In Florida
5. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(b) Willy has been mocking Biff.
(c) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(d) Willy has been talking to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
2. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
3. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
4. Who is Willy's employer?
5. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)