|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(b) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(c) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
(d) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
2. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
3. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
(a) Biff has failed Math.
(b) He has heard Mr Birnbaum threatening to flunk Biff in Math.
(c) He has heard that someone else has won the sports scholarship.
(d) He has heard that Mr Birnbaum is leaving the school.
4. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy has been talking to himself.
(b) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(c) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(d) Willy has been mocking Biff.
5. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) Take-out meals
(b) Two large sample cases
(c) An attache case and a large sample case
(d) A very large sample bag
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
2. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
3. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
4. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
5. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)