|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 130-149.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Brown and Morrison
(b) Howard Macy
(c) Howard Wagner
(d) Wolf Biederman
2. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) A very large sample bag
(b) An attache case and a large sample case
(c) Take-out meals
(d) Two large sample cases
3. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
(b) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(c) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(d) Living on a farm
4. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(b) Willy has been singing in the lift.
(c) Willy has been mocking Biff.
(d) Willy has been talking to himself.
5. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(b) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(c) That he wants to steal lumber.
(d) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Biff say would make him happy?
2. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
3. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
4. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
5. What does Willy tell Linda about his feelings for her?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)