|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
(a) Not talking to Mr Birnbaum about Biff's Math results
(b) Not going to Alaska with his brother
(c) Not buying new stockings for Linda
(d) Driving badly in Yonkers
2. How long has it taken the Lomans to pay off their house?
(a) Thirty-five years
(b) Twenty-five years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Twenty years
3. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
(b) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(c) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(d) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
4. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
(a) Willy has been mocking Biff.
(b) Willy does not know the way to Florida.
(c) Willy has been talking to himself.
(d) Willy has been singing in the lift.
5. What does Biff need to do in order to avoid flunking Math?
(a) Bribe Mr Birnbaum
(b) Become organized and study hard
(c) Apologize to Mr Birnbaum
(d) Finally hand in his Math assignments
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Linda so furious with her sons?
2. Where is the big match to be held?
3. What implement is Willy using?
4. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
5. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)