|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To ask him for a job
(b) To pay back some money lent in the past
(c) To give him a job
(d) To ask him for money
2. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
3. Why won't Willy shake hands with Biff?
(a) He thinks Biff is trying to spite him and is angry.
(b) He is angry that he didn't get any dinner at the restaurant.
(c) His hands are dirty from gardening.
(d) He thinks Biff is the scum of the earth.
4. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(b) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
(c) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(d) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
5. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(b) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
(c) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
(d) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
2. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
3. In his outburst, what does Biff call Willy?
4. To whom is Willy referring when he says, "He thinks I'm nothing?"
5. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)