|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Charley accuse Willy?
(a) Stealing his lumber
(b) Dominating Linda
(c) Being in love with his wife
(d) Being jealous of him all his life
2. How does Biff convey his strong reluctance to see Bill Oliver?
(a) He says he would rather walk over hot coals than go back.
(b) He says a mad bear would have to chase him back into the place.
(c) He says a team of horses could not have dragged him back.
(d) He says wild horses wouldn't make him go back.
3. Why does Willy admire Dave Singleman?
(a) Even at the age of eighty-four, he is a successful salesman.
(b) He keeps his high sales figures until well into his nineties.
(c) He brokers a sponsorship deal with the Yankees.
(d) He travels in the smoking car and has green velvet slippers.
4. What are the types of seeds Willy is planting?
(a) Lettuce, beans and tomatoes
(b) Carrots, beets and lettuce
(c) Tomatoes, radishes and carrots
(d) Radishes, carrots and beets
5. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
(a) Not being happy with Linda
(b) The wanderings around the countryside when he was a child
(c) He never had a chance to get close to his father.
(d) Worrying about the mortgage
Short Answer Questions
1. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
2. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
3. What, in Willy's behavior, embarrasses Happy?
4. What does Biff suggest is the reason for his reluctance to have called on Oliver in the first place?
5. What does Biff notice when he is in Bill Oliver's office?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)