|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
(a) He does not like the brand of cheese she buys..
(b) She has not finished the washing-up.
(c) He does not like to see her mending her stockings.
(d) He does not like her asking so many questions of him.
2. Which is the first of several lies Happy tells Miss Forsythe?
(a) That he is a champagne salesman
(b) That he sells silk stockings
(c) That Biff is a famous footballer
(d) That he is a famous footballer
3. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
(b) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
(c) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(d) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
4. For what reason does Biff believe the Lomans are unsuccessful?
(a) They do not belong in the city and should be working with their hands.
(b) They are not loyal and committed.
(c) They do not have a clear mission statement.
(d) They are not competitive enough.
5. What is the reason Biff gives Willy for Birnbaum's dislike of him?
(a) Birnbaum was jealous because Biff was actually better at calculus than was his teacher.
(b) Birnbaum is jealous of Biff's looks.
(c) Birnbaum caught Biff kissing his daughter behind the bicycle sheds.
(d) Binbaum caught Biff mimicking him in front of the other students.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is involved?
2. What does Willy imagine his funeral will reveal about him?
3. What sort of cheese does Willy prefer?
4. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
5. Why won't Willy shake hands with Biff?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)