|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Biff no longer want Willy to intercede with Birnbaum over the Math failure?
(a) He does not think Math is important.
(b) He no longer has respect for his father.
(c) He thinks it is now too late. He does not think Willy can argue well enough.
(d) He knows it really would not work.
2. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
(a) Biff has lost his old humor and confidence.
(b) Biff has lost his sense of humor and has become bad-tempered.
(c) Biff has become withdrawn and sad.
(d) Biff has put on weight and seems confused.
3. How was Biff formerly employed at Bill Oliver's company?
(a) As an officer junior
(b) As a janitor
(c) As a shipping clerk
(d) As a salesman
4. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
(a) He sells lumber stolen from a building site.
(b) He works harder and travels further.
(c) He pawns a diamond watch that is a gift from Ben.
(d) He skips some mortgage payments.
5. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(b) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
(c) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
(d) Living on a farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Willy feel broken and desperate?
2. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
3. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
4. What important admission does Willy make to Charley?
5. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)