|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They have a heavy mortgage.
(b) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(c) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(d) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
2. What is it about Willy that the woman says she likes?
(a) The smell of his after shave and his happy nature
(b) His sense of humor and because he is sweet
(c) His big spending and his sense of humor
(d) The presents he gives her
3. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Businessman and sales clerk
(b) Shipping clerk and salesman
(c) Salesman and cattle herder
(d) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
4. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Happy's merchandise manager
(b) Biff's previous employer
(c) Biff's previous employee
(d) Willy's best friend
5. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
(a) He hears some noise and thinks something has happened.
(b) He remembers to tell Willy about an important job opportunity.
(c) He wants to play cards.
(d) He hears some noise so he thinks he would come in for a chat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
2. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
3. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
4. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
5. How has Willy's salary rate changed?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)