|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
(b) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(c) They have a heavy mortgage.
(d) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
2. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
(a) He works harder and travels further.
(b) He sells lumber stolen from a building site.
(c) He skips some mortgage payments.
(d) He pawns a diamond watch that is a gift from Ben.
3. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
(a) To pay back some money lent in the past
(b) To ask him for a job
(c) To ask him for money
(d) To give him a job
4. According to Linda, in what way does Willy compare with many other people?
(a) He works harder.
(b) He is fatter.
(c) He has more good in him.
(d) He earns less money.
5. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
(a) In Yonkers
(b) In New York
(c) In Florida
(d) In New England
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
2. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
3. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
4. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
5. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)