|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willy pay for Biff's radio correspondence course?
(a) He works harder and travels further.
(b) He sells lumber stolen from a building site.
(c) He pawns a diamond watch that is a gift from Ben.
(d) He skips some mortgage payments.
2. What is the core of Linda's appeal to her sons?
(a) That they must get medical attention for their father's depression.
(b) That their father needs money to alleviate his despair.
(c) Not to let Willy know that she has skipped several mortgage payments.
(d) That their father is in despair and needs their attention.
3. How does Willy obtain the materials for the stoop he adds to his house?
(a) He buys it at Wal-Mmart.
(b) He has Ben import the lumber from Alaska.
(c) He and Charlie steal the materials from a building site.
(d) He has Biff and Happy steal from a building site.
4. What does Biff say would make him happy?
(a) To have his own apartment and a steady girlfriend
(b) His brother working with him out in the country
(c) His brother marrying and settling down
(d) His father retiring
5. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
2. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
3. Why does Biff plan to visit Bill Oliver?
4. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
5. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)