|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
(a) He hears some noise so he thinks he would come in for a chat.
(b) He remembers to tell Willy about an important job opportunity.
(c) He wants to play cards.
(d) He hears some noise and thinks something has happened.
2. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
(a) Not talking to Mr Birnbaum about Biff's Math results
(b) Not buying new stockings for Linda
(c) Driving badly in Yonkers
(d) Not going to Alaska with his brother
3. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It indicates he is over confident.
(b) It annoys other people in the lift.
(c) It is tuneless.
(d) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
4. How did Ben make his fortune?
(a) In the fur trade
(b) In Alaskan exploration
(c) In diamond mines
(d) In oil
5. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he wants to steal lumber.
(b) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(c) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(d) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
2. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
3. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
4. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
5. All the old buyers who loved Willy are ___________.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)