|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Bill Oliver
(b) Ben Loman
(c) Willy Loman
2. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
(a) Driving badly in Yonkers
(b) Not talking to Mr Birnbaum about Biff's Math results
(c) Not buying new stockings for Linda
(d) Not going to Alaska with his brother
3. What did the insurance inspector tell Linda?
(a) That there is evidence that Willy's car accidents were not accidents.
(b) That Willy is behind in the premium.
(c) That they will not pay out again for a damaged car.
(d) That Willy drives too fast.
4. What sort of debts do Willy and Linda have?
(a) They are paying for roof repair and a new car.
(b) They are paying off household appliances and a repair of their roof.
(c) They have a heavy mortgage.
(d) They are paying for roof repair and a new fan belt for the refrigerator.
5. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
(a) It annoys other people in the lift.
(b) It indicates he is irresponsible and childish.
(c) It is tuneless.
(d) It indicates he is over confident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
2. What does Biff say would make him happy?
3. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
4. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
5. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)