|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
(a) That he has no talent for earning money.
(b) That he looks like a walrus.
(c) That he has no character.
(d) That he looks like a salesman.
2. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Howard Macy
(b) Howard Wagner
(c) Wolf Biederman
(d) Brown and Morrison
3. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
(a) Willy first describes Biff as "a lazy bum," then a few seconds later says "Biff--he's not lazy."
(b) He first asks Linda for a sandwich, then says he'll just drink some milk.
(c) He first says that Biff is not lazy, then calls him "a lazy bum."
(d) He boasts about his sales, then says he's a hopeless salesman.
4. What does Biff need to do in order to avoid flunking Math?
(a) Bribe Mr Birnbaum
(b) Apologize to Mr Birnbaum
(c) Finally hand in his Math assignments
(d) Become organized and study hard
5. Why does Willy call Charley "disgusting?"
(a) Because he smokes cigarettes.
(b) Because he cannot handle tools.
(c) Because he always loses at cards.
(d) Because he insultsWilly by offering him a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
2. Why does Willy become annoyed with Linda?
3. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
4. According to Willy, what has left him unsettled and "temporary?"
5. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)