|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that Happy says he has always wanted?
(a) To build a house on Long Island near his friend the merchandise manager
(b) To have his own apartment, a car and plenty of women
(c) To become the merchandise manager and have his own apartment
(d) To be like his father
2. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(b) That he wants to steal lumber.
(c) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(d) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
3. What difference would it have made to his life if Willy had formed his own business?
(a) He would have built a house on Long Island.
(b) He would have been able to travel in luxury.
(c) He would not have to leave home any more.
(d) He would have been able to work from home.
4. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
(a) That Biff is "stuck up."
(b) That Biff has Bernard help him cheat at Math.
(c) That Biff has stolen a football.
(d) That Biff is driving a car without a licence.
5. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Businessman and sales clerk
(b) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(c) Shipping clerk and salesman
(d) Salesman and cattle herder
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
2. What does Biff say would make him happy?
3. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
4. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
5. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)