|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Willy's employer?
(a) Brown and Morrison
(b) Howard Wagner
(c) Wolf Biederman
(d) Howard Macy
2. What derogatory comment does Biff make about Willy?
(a) That he looks like a walrus.
(b) That he has no character.
(c) That he has no talent for earning money.
(d) That he looks like a salesman.
3. What is Happy's reaction to the news that his father has been attempting suicide?
(a) He says Willy is a "poor fool."
(b) He says this is terrible and he must do something.
(c) He is angry with Linda for not telling them sooner.
(d) He says Willy is a "damned fool."
4. What suggests to us that Biff has returned from a journey?
(a) Linda mentions that Biff has "just got off [a] train."
(b) Biff's suitcase is in the hall.
(c) Linda tells Willy she met the train.
(d) A partially unpacked suitcase is on Biff's bed.
5. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) A wide stoop
(c) Tall apartment buildings
(d) Office buildings
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
2. What worrying news does Bernard bring?
3. What statement of Ben's summarizes his business ethics?
4. What does Biff say would make him happy?
5. What change has Happy noticed in Biff?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)