|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Linda have to pay for repair of the hot water system?
(a) Fifty-six dollars
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) A hundred dollars
(d) Ninety-six dollars
2. For what reason does Willy think the builder should have been arrested?
(a) For cutting down two beautiful elm trees
(b) For preventing Willy from growing carrots in his backyard
(c) For building the bad-taste apartments
(d) For harassment and fraud
3. ___________ says "And, by God, I was rich."
(a) Bill Oliver
(b) Willy Loman
(c) Ben Loman
4. For how long was Linda unable to contact Biff?
(a) For over a year
(b) For over six months
(c) For over three months
(d) She has always been able to contact Biff.
5. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(b) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(c) A melody played on a flute.
(d) Stage hands moving sets about
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Biff whistling in the elevator?
2. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
3. What does Linda suggest is "not nice?"
4. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
5. Where does Willy believe his company most needs him?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)