|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 150-172.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jobs has Biff mostly had since leaving school?
(a) Shipping clerk and horse-breeder
(b) Salesman and cattle herder
(c) Shipping clerk and salesman
(d) Businessman and sales clerk
2. Who is Bill Oliver?
(a) Biff's previous employee
(b) Happy's merchandise manager
(c) Biff's previous employer
(d) Willy's best friend
3. What does Willy feel is a disgrace?
(a) Not being married by the age of thirty-four
(b) Living on a farm
(c) Not finding yourself by the age of thirty-four
(d) Making less than thirty-five dollars per week
4. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
(a) From Bill Oliver
(b) From Howard Wagner
(c) From Charley
(d) From Uncle Ben
5. What does Willy's plan for cutting off the tree branch show us about him?
(a) That he wants to steal lumber.
(b) That he has practical common sense and is suited to outdoor work.
(c) That he is not interested in preserving the environment.
(d) That he could have been a tree surgeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willy's employer?
2. What does Willy say about Biff's knowledge of sporting goods?
3. What great regret does Willy mention to Happy?
4. In what way does Willy contradict himself in this opening scene?
5. When Linda says "You notice?", what is she referring to?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)