|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Willy give for refusing Charley's offer?
(a) He says the offer is not generous enough.
(b) He is insulted.
(c) He says he is too old to learn anything new.
(d) He stresses that he already has a job.
2. Why didn't Biff attend the university?
(a) Biff didn't want to have to leave home.
(b) He flunked high school Math.
(c) He was unsuccessful in getting a football scholarship.
(d) Willy couldn't afford the outrageous tuition fees.
3. How did Ben and Willy's father support his family financially as they traveled?
(a) By selling the flutes he had made
(b) By giving flute concerts in every town they visited
(c) By selling agricultural machinery he had invented
(d) By working in bars
4. What does Willy find frustrating about the appliances he has bought over the years?
(a) They are too expensive, badly designed and badly made.
(b) They wear out or break before he has fully paid for them.
(c) They have design faults.
(d) They are not made by American companies.
5. For how long has Willy been a salesman for Howard's firm?
(a) Thirty years
(b) Forty years
(c) Thirty-four years
(d) Forty-three years
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
2. What is the guaranteed proposition Willy refers to as he "speaks" to Ben?
3. What implement is Willy using?
4. What lie does Biff accuse Happy of telling?
5. What does Howard say about his new wire recorder?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)