|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Pages 212-220.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda refer to as "a philandering bum?"
2. What ultimatum does Linda serve to her sons?
(a) Pay respect to their father or she will not talk to them.
(b) Either they clean up their rooms or they will not be welcome again.
(c) Either pay respect to their father or do not visit.
(d) Either help out financially or stay away.
3. What does Linda try to prevent Biff from doing?
(a) Going upstairs
(b) Talking to his father
(c) Accusing his father of lying
(d) Leaving for Alaska
4. What metaphor about Willy does Linda use in her phone conversation with Biff?
(a) "He's only a little boat looking for a harbor."
(b) "He's like an old man rocking the boat."
(c) "He's an old clipper with no skipper."
(d) "He's like a boat looking for a harbor."
5. At the beginning of Act Two, how does Willy express a new optimism?
(a) He says he will talk to Bill Oliver.
(b) He says he would like to buy some seeds.
(c) He says he will buy a new blue suit.
(d) He says he will get the boys to help him plant some seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was J.P. Morgan very well liked, according to Charley?
2. Where does Willy get the money he says is his pay?
3. What excuse does Charley give Willy for his visit?
4. What is the guaranteed proposition Willy refers to as he "speaks" to Ben?
5. Why didn't Biff attend the university?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)