Act 1, Pages 130-149
1. What sound is heard before the curtain rises?
(a) A melody played on a flute.
(b) Bagpipes playing a highland lament
(c) Fiddle music reminiscent of the countryside
(d) Stage hands moving sets about
2. What surrounds the Salesman's house?
(a) A wide stoop
(c) Office buildings
(d) Tall apartment buildings
3. What is Willy Loman carrying as he enters the stage?
(a) An attache case and a large sample case
(b) Two large sample cases
(c) A very large sample bag
(d) Take-out meals
4. What is a synonym for 'trepidation'?
5. Making an inference from Linda's words, what do you think is Angelo's occupation?
(a) Car salesman
(b) Loan shark
(d) Motor mechanic
6. What make of car does Willy currently drive?
(b) Morris Minor
7. What happens as Willy is driving on the highway?
(a) The car breaks down.
(b) He allows the car to veer over the white line.
(c) A woman yells at him.
(d) He runs off the road.
This section contains 5,882 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)