|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer does Paulina want to listen to with Gerardo?
2. What is Roberto's situation?
3. To what does Roberto admit?
4. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
5. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
Essay Topic 1
Roberto says that he heard about Gerardo's appointment to the Investigating Commission. He also seems very respectful of the role Gerardo will play, in that he will have many duties and worries on his hands shortly, and wants to help remove the trouble with the car.
1. Does Roberto's offer of help and wanting to talk about the commission seem suspicious? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Roberto's offer of help is logical given he has just met Gerardo? Why or why not?
3. Could Roberto's behavior in the statement above be a foreshadowing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
We get a glimpse into the depths of Roberto's character, as his anger begins to show in Act 2, Scene 1.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Considering how Roberto is acting do you think he is guilty? Why or why not?
3. If Roberto was innocent, do you think it would be natural for him to be angry? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Act 1, Scene 3, is an extremely brief scene without dialog, written all in stage directions. The stage is darker still, when a cloud has passed over the moon.
1. Why do you think a writer would have a scene without dialog? Use examples to support your answer.
2. What symbolism do you see in the darkness of the stage? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 1,933 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)