|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina intend to do once Roberto begins talking?
2. Where does this scene open?
3. What does Paulina say about the way Roberto takes his coffee?
4. What technique does Roberto think Paulina and Gerardo are using?
5. What does she talk about doing to Roberto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paulina works herself into an excited fervor over the prospect of these individuals being punished or executed.
1. What do you think is the difference between revenge and justice? Use examples from the play and/or your life to support your answer.
2. Do you think Paulina's excitement is due to wanting revenge or wanting justice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
We get a glimpse into the depths of Roberto's character, as his anger begins to show in Act 2, Scene 1.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Considering how Roberto is acting do you think he is guilty? Why or why not?
3. If Roberto was innocent, do you think it would be natural for him to be angry? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Paulina finally speaks, and her first monologue presents the full force of her hatred for the man calling himself Roberto Miranda.
1. Do you believe if someone carries hatred inside it is harmful to that person? Why or why not?
2. There have been persons in history who have been done great wrong and forgiven their oppressors. Do you think you could do that? Why or why not?
3. In what ways do you think Paulina's hatred could blind her to the possibility that Roberto is not the man who tortured her?
This section contains 1,936 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)