Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer does Paulina want to listen to with Gerardo?
2. What is Roberto's situation?
3. To what does Roberto admit?
4. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
5. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
Essay Topic 1
Paulina has said she wants Gerardo to defend the truth on the Investigating Commission.
1. What do you think she meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Do you think Paulina believes Gerardo is too weak to insist on the truth if she isn't pushing him? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the truth should be more important to Gerardo than it is? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
By the end of Act 1, Scene 3, assuming we don't already know the story, we know that Paulina is either crazy or desperate. Perhaps it is a combination of both.
1. Do you think Paulina is crazy? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples from the text.
2. Do you think a person can be crazy and still live as normally as Paulina lives? Why or why not?
3. Why might desperation look like mental illness? Use examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
We get a glimpse into the depths of Roberto's character, as his anger begins to show in Act 2, Scene 1.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Considering how Roberto is acting do you think he is guilty? Why or why not?
3. If Roberto was innocent, do you think it would be natural for him to be angry? Why or why not?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)