|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer does Paulina want to listen to with Gerardo?
2. What is Roberto's situation?
3. To what does Roberto admit?
4. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
5. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
Essay Topic 1
This is another powerful scene where no dialogue, or at least no meaningful dialogue, is spoken.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Do you think that some emotions can be better portrayed with watching behavior rather than with words? Why or why not?
3. If you were to watch some students in your school without being able to hear their words, would you have a good idea of what they might be saying? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Paulina works herself into an excited fervor over the prospect of these individuals being punished or executed.
1. What do you think is the difference between revenge and justice? Use examples from the play and/or your life to support your answer.
2. Do you think Paulina's excitement is due to wanting revenge or wanting justice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The tension immediately picks up when Paulina hears a car, looks out the window and grabs for a gun.
1. What does Paulina's actions in the beginning of the play tell the audience? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. What would you do in your home if you felt afraid?
3. Some say that fear produces aggression, such as Paulina with the gun. Do you think this is true? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,933 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)