|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paulina want to honor Gerardo's caring of her?
2. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina as she is talking about the above phrase?
3. Why does Gerardo think he'll have to resign?
4. Besides his voice, how else does Paulina know Roberta was one of her torturers?
5. What is Roberto doing during the next part of the concert?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some audience members may also be shocked by Paulina's act of taking off her panties and stuffing them in Roberto's mouth. It is a moment that defines the disgust she feels for him. It is also a kind of smug revenge, as we shall see in later scenes, or a display of her new-found feminine power, now that she has the upper hand.
1. Do you think the act of Paulina stuffing Roberto's mouth with her panties might indicate some of the torture she endured? Why or why not? What type of torture would it suggest? Why?
2. Paulina now has the upper-hand with a man she believes was one of her captors. Do you think doing what she is starting to do only brings her down to his level? Why or why not?
3. If you found someone you thought had imprisoned you and tortured you what would your response be?
Essay Topic 2
Roberto says that he heard about Gerardo's appointment to the Investigating Commission. He also seems very respectful of the role Gerardo will play, in that he will have many duties and worries on his hands shortly, and wants to help remove the trouble with the car.
1. Does Roberto's offer of help and wanting to talk about the commission seem suspicious? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Roberto's offer of help is logical given he has just met Gerardo? Why or why not?
3. Could Roberto's behavior in the statement above be a foreshadowing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gerardo looks at Paulina, who does not return the look, takes her hand and looks forward.
1. What do you think this behavior of Gerardo means?
2. What might be symbolically significant that Gerardo is looking forward and Paulina is looking at Roberto?
3. Does this part of the last scene seem to imply to you that Paulina still has not healed? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,017 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)