|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paulina's relationship with her parents like?
2. What alternative does Paulina offer Gerardo instead of his involvement?
3. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
4. What is Gerardo's response to Roberto's taunting him?
5. About what phrase does Paulina talk?
Essay Topic 1
We get a glimpse into the depths of Roberto's character, as his anger begins to show in Act 2, Scene 1.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Considering how Roberto is acting do you think he is guilty? Why or why not?
3. If Roberto was innocent, do you think it would be natural for him to be angry? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Paulina has said she wants Gerardo to defend the truth on the Investigating Commission.
1. What do you think she meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Do you think Paulina believes Gerardo is too weak to insist on the truth if she isn't pushing him? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the truth should be more important to Gerardo than it is? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Roberto says that he heard about Gerardo's appointment to the Investigating Commission. He also seems very respectful of the role Gerardo will play, in that he will have many duties and worries on his hands shortly, and wants to help remove the trouble with the car.
1. Does Roberto's offer of help and wanting to talk about the commission seem suspicious? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Roberto's offer of help is logical given he has just met Gerardo? Why or why not?
3. Could Roberto's behavior in the statement above be a foreshadowing? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,986 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)