|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Gerardo say he and the woman had sex?
2. What is the main thing Paulina wants from Roberto?
3. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about Roberto?
4. What sounds are heard?
5. What has Paulina not shared with Gerardo in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
We are left wondering whether she would actually shoot him at the end of Act 2, Scene 1. Or would Gerardo forget something in the house and return to stop her? We are then forced to literally look at ourselves and those around us. What would each of us do in the same situation? Would we shoot, or let him live the rest of his days with his terrible secret?
1. Do you think you would do what Paulina is doing in her circumstances? Why or why not?
2. Do you think living with what he has done is worse punishment than killing him? Why or why not?
3. If you were a police officer called to the scene of Paulina killing Roberto, after listening to the confession, what would you do? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The tension immediately picks up when Paulina hears a car, looks out the window and grabs for a gun.
1. What does Paulina's actions in the beginning of the play tell the audience? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. What would you do in your home if you felt afraid?
3. Some say that fear produces aggression, such as Paulina with the gun. Do you think this is true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Paulina has said she wants Gerardo to defend the truth on the Investigating Commission.
1. What do you think she meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Do you think Paulina believes Gerardo is too weak to insist on the truth if she isn't pushing him? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the truth should be more important to Gerardo than it is? Why or why not?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)