|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Dr. Miranda used to quote?
2. What will Paulina do if Roberto gives her a signed confession?
3. What interrupted Paulina from telling this something years ago?
4. What does Roberto say about Gerardo's ability to protect Paulina?
5. Besides his voice, how else does Paulina know Roberta was one of her torturers?
Essay Topic 1
The tension immediately picks up when Paulina hears a car, looks out the window and grabs for a gun.
1. What does Paulina's actions in the beginning of the play tell the audience? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. What would you do in your home if you felt afraid?
3. Some say that fear produces aggression, such as Paulina with the gun. Do you think this is true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
This is another powerful scene where no dialogue, or at least no meaningful dialogue, is spoken.
1. What do you think is meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Do you think that some emotions can be better portrayed with watching behavior rather than with words? Why or why not?
3. If you were to watch some students in your school without being able to hear their words, would you have a good idea of what they might be saying? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Gerardo looks at Paulina, who does not return the look, takes her hand and looks forward.
1. What do you think this behavior of Gerardo means?
2. What might be symbolically significant that Gerardo is looking forward and Paulina is looking at Roberto?
3. Does this part of the last scene seem to imply to you that Paulina still has not healed? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,974 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)