|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerardo trying to get Paulina to tell him?
2. How many lines does Paulina speak in this scene?
3. What does Paulina want Gerardo to do on the Investigating Committee?
4. Who enters as Paulina is paying for the candy?
5. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paulina still wants to know how many times Gerardo slept with the other woman. He finally admits to doing so a total of five times. He asks if she truly wants them to torture each other in this way.
1. Why do you think Paulina would try to get a specific number out of Gerardo?
2. What do you think of Gerardo's character after finding out he was with another woman while she was being tortured? Why?
3. Do you think it was easier or more difficult for Paulina to forgive her husband for being with another woman because she was in prison? Would it have been more difficult, do you think, if she had been at home? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Paulina has said she wants Gerardo to defend the truth on the Investigating Commission.
1. What do you think she meant by this statement? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
2. Do you think Paulina believes Gerardo is too weak to insist on the truth if she isn't pushing him? Why or why not?
3. Do you think the truth should be more important to Gerardo than it is? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The tension immediately picks up when Paulina hears a car, looks out the window and grabs for a gun.
1. What does Paulina's actions in the beginning of the play tell the audience? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
2. What would you do in your home if you felt afraid?
3. Some say that fear produces aggression, such as Paulina with the gun. Do you think this is true? Why or why not?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)