|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina do when she walks away from Gerardo?
(a) Goes to the ladies room.
(b) Goes and buys some candy.
(c) Goes to hail a cab.
(d) Meets up surriptitiously with her lover.
2. Who does Paulina mention that upsets Roberto?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His children.
3. What does Paulina talk about in the opening of this scene?
(a) How she wants to move to the United States and get away from her past.
(b) The horrors she suffered at the hands of Dr. Miranda.
(c) How she wants to forgive Dr. Miranda but cannot.
(d) Her inability to get a job after her time with Dr. Miranda.
4. What sounds are heard?
(a) Music as well as general audience noise.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) The telephone is ringing.
(d) It is absolutely silent.
5. How does Paulina want to honor Gerardo's caring of her?
(a) Buy him a year's worth of sessions with a massage therapist.
(b) Take him on a long cruise.
(c) Adopt a child and care for him in the same way.
(d) Let him go back and have an affair with the other woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one thing that revolted Gerardo under the military regime?
2. What happens when Gerardo turns on the tape recorder?
3. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
4. What composer does Paulina want to listen to with Gerardo?
5. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)