|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Paulina do if Roberto gives her a signed confession?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Let him go.
(c) Insist on therapy.
(d) Have him arrested.
2. What was one thing that revolted Gerardo under the military regime?
(a) The many executions.
(b) That they dismissed the junta.
(c) The nationalization of the banks.
(d) False evidence against innocent people.
3. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
(a) What he supposedly did.
(b) To set him free.
(c) For another cup of coffee.
(d) For a cigarette.
4. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
(a) In the car.
(b) They are not in this scene.
(c) Seated at the dining table.
(d) Sleeping in their respective bedrooms.
5. What happens when Gerardo turns on the tape recorder?
(a) He goes in and forces Roberto to speak into the microphone.
(b) They can't find the recorder.
(c) The tape breaks.
(d) He prompts Paulina to tell her story.
6. Who turns to Roberto and meets his gaze for a moment?
(c) Roberto's wife.
(d) Roberto's mistress.
7. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
(a) Not unless Roberto tries to escape.
(b) Of course, after Roberto confesses.
(c) She has not decided yet.
(d) They didn't kill her, so that wouldn't be fair.
8. What is uncertain about the arrival of Roberto?
(a) He was in prison, so he must have escaped.
(b) Roberto has a twin brother and it may be the twin and not Roberto.
(c) He has dyed his hair and had a nose job, so it's not certain if that is really Roberto.
(d) Whether he is actually there or if Paulina is imaging it.
9. Where does this scene open?
(a) At the police station.
(b) A concert hall.
(c) At a public park.
(d) In the legislative building.
10. Where is Paulina looking when the stage goes dark?
(a) At Gerardo.
(b) At her hands.
(c) In a mirror.
(d) At Roberto.
11. Who does Paulina meet after three days of captivity?
(b) Dr. Miranda.
(c) The head of the Secret Police.
12. What are some of the things Paulina mentions that she endured during torture?
(a) Electrocutions, rapes, near-drowning in feces.
(b) Handcuffed to a brick wall off the floor.
(c) Eating raw pork.
13. What does Paulina say about the way Roberto takes his coffee?
(a) He likes it with sugar.
(b) He doesn't like coffee.
(c) He takes it black.
(d) He only drinks coffee after a torture session.
14. What composer does Dr. Miranda play while talking with Paulina in captivity?
15. What does Roberto state about the situation in question #126.
(a) That it was a patriotic thing the doctors did.
(b) That it was not true.
(c) That the doctors were forced into the situation.
(d) That it had been investigated by the medical association.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roberto condemn?
2. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
3. Why does Gerardo think he'll have to resign?
4. How many times does Gerardo say he and the woman had sex?
5. Where does Roberto say he has to go?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)