|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerardo imply that Roberto has done?
(a) Assassinated the chief of police.
(b) Gotten himself into this predicament by his actions.
(c) Raped women tied to a cot.
(d) Performed human euthanesia.
2. Who does Gerardo thank?
(a) His mother.
(b) Spectators who are off-stage.
(d) No one.
3. What composer does Dr. Miranda play while talking with Paulina in captivity?
4. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Seated at the dining table.
(b) They are not in this scene.
(c) Sleeping in their respective bedrooms.
(d) In the car.
5. What does Paulina want Gerardo to do on the Investigating Committee?
(a) Defend the truth.
(b) Be the voice of reason.
(c) Lie so as to get the past over as quickly as possible.
(d) She doesn't want him on the committee.
6. Besides his voice, how else does Paulina know Roberta was one of her torturers?
(a) The way he blinks his eyes constantly.
(b) The way he says certain words with a foreign accent.
(c) The way he sniffs his nose constantly.
(d) The feel of his skin and his smell.
7. What does Paulina want to know about Gerardo's affair with this woman?
(a) If he loved her.
(b) How many times they had sex.
(c) How they met.
(d) If he wishes he was with her now.
8. What does she talk about doing to Roberto?
(a) Dumping him in a bathtub full of scalding water.
(b) Blinding him.
(c) Raping him.
(d) Making him a eunuch.
9. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
(a) They throws confetti onto the stage.
(b) He kisses the lead actress and she gives the actress a rose.
(c) He applauds; she does not.
(d) They are not in the audience.
10. How does Gerardo prefer to treat Dr. Miranda aka Roberto?
(a) Like a brother.
(b) As if he is innocent.
(c) As a client.
(d) Roughly and slapping him now and then.
11. What is Gerardo's response to Roberto's taunting him?
(a) Threatens to shoot Roberto himself.
(b) Tells Roberto he is insane.
(c) Laughs since he knows what Roberto is trying to do.
(d) Unties Roberto and throws him out of the house.
12. What song begins to play?
(a) Bach's Brandenburg Concerto.
(b) Ravel's Bolero.
(c) Beethoven's Fur Elise.
(d) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
13. Where does this scene open?
(a) At the police station.
(b) In the legislative building.
(c) At a public park.
(d) A concert hall.
14. What does Paulina want of Gerardo?
(a) Him to stay with her.
(b) Him to assure her of his love.
(c) Him to kill Roberto.
(d) His to leave immediately.
15. What sounds are heard?
(a) Music as well as general audience noise.
(b) It is absolutely silent.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) The telephone is ringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gerardo give in pleading with Roberto to indulge Paulina?
2. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
3. What does Paulina intend to do once Roberto begins talking?
4. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina as she is talking about the above phrase?
5. When is Paulina kidnapped?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)