|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
(a) For his birthday.
(b) For the release of an important paper.
(c) On the birth of his son.
(d) For having such an incredible wife.
2. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
(a) To convince Roberto that Paulina will kill him if he doesn't confess.
(b) To rough Roberto up to scare him.
(c) To leave the house until Paulina is through with Roberto.
(d) To help her dispose of the body if she has to kill Roberto.
3. What sounds are heard?
(a) The telephone is ringing.
(b) It is absolutely silent.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Music as well as general audience noise.
4. What is Paulina's relationship with her parents like?
(a) Very close.
(b) Average daughter/parent relationship.
(c) Her parents are not mentioned in this scene.
5. What was one thing that revolted Gerardo under the military regime?
(a) The nationalization of the banks.
(b) The many executions.
(c) False evidence against innocent people.
(d) That they dismissed the junta.
6. Why does Gerardo leave Roberto at the end of the scene?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To go get some electric shock paddles to force a confession.
(c) To tell Paulina that Roberto needs to use the restroom again.
(d) To go get some sleep.
7. What does Paulina remind Gerardo about her torturers?
(a) That they were animals.
(b) That they repeatedly raped her.
(c) That they had not been caught.
(d) That they did offer her food and water.
8. Who does Roberto condemn?
(d) His adulterous wife.
9. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
(a) In the car.
(b) Sleeping in their respective bedrooms.
(c) Seated at the dining table.
(d) They are not in this scene.
10. What composer does Paulina want to listen to with Gerardo?
11. What does Paulina want Gerardo to do on the Investigating Committee?
(a) She doesn't want him on the committee.
(b) Lie so as to get the past over as quickly as possible.
(c) Be the voice of reason.
(d) Defend the truth.
12. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
(a) He applauds; she does not.
(b) They are not in the audience.
(c) He kisses the lead actress and she gives the actress a rose.
(d) They throws confetti onto the stage.
13. What announces the resumption of the concert?
(a) The dimming of the lights.
(b) A bell.
(d) A voice over the loud speaker.
14. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
(b) That she knows how far she can go.
(c) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
(d) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
15. What does Paulina say about the relationship between some doctors and the secret police?
(a) That the doctors pretended to help the police, but were spying for the rebels.
(b) That the police believe doctors could not be trusted.
(c) That the doctors and the police were on different sides of the political situation.
(d) That the police used the doctors in their torture sessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
2. What composer does Dr. Miranda play while talking with Paulina in captivity?
3. How much time has elapsed since the last scene?
4. Where is Roberto at the opening of this scene?
5. What does Roberto say about Gerardo's ability to protect Paulina?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)