|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roberto's situation?
(a) He has convinced Paulina of his innocence and is free.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is still tied, but his hands are now in front of him.
(d) He is unconscious.
2. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Sleeping in their respective bedrooms.
(b) They are not in this scene.
(c) Seated at the dining table.
(d) In the car.
3. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
(a) For a cigarette.
(b) To set him free.
(c) What he supposedly did.
(d) For another cup of coffee.
4. To what does Roberto admit?
(a) Raping Paulina.
(c) Using electrical paddles to shock political prisoners.
(d) Being afraid.
5. As Paulina persists in questioning Gerardo about the affair, how does he respond.
(a) He says he will find the woman and let Paulina talk to her.
(b) He says if she brings it up once more, he will shoot her instead of Roberto.
(c) He says he wants a divorce.
(d) Asks her why they torture each other in this way and does she want him to leave.
6. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina as she is talking about the above phrase?
(a) To leave so he can continue to talk with Roberto.
(b) To not be so vulgar.
(c) To stop being irrelevant to the task at hand.
(d) To go check out the meaning of the phrase on the internet.
7. What technique does Roberto think Paulina and Gerardo are using?
(b) Guilt induced confession.
(c) Sleep deprivation.
(d) Good cop, bad cop.
8. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
(b) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
(c) That she knows how far she can go.
(d) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
9. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
(a) For having such an incredible wife.
(b) For his birthday.
(c) For the release of an important paper.
(d) On the birth of his son.
10. Why does Gerardo think he'll have to resign?
(a) Because he wants to kill Roberto.
(b) Because his wife is insane.
(c) Because the events here will be made public.
(d) Because he is ineffective.
11. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
(a) To humor her.
(b) To tell her she is totally mistaken.
(c) To help Gerardo kill her.
(d) To help him get her committed to an asylum.
12. What is Paulina's relationship with her parents like?
(a) Very close.
(c) Average daughter/parent relationship.
(d) Her parents are not mentioned in this scene.
13. What song begins to play?
(a) Bach's Brandenburg Concerto.
(b) Beethoven's Fur Elise.
(c) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(d) Ravel's Bolero.
14. What is Gerardo's response to Roberto's taunting him?
(a) Tells Roberto he is insane.
(b) Laughs since he knows what Roberto is trying to do.
(c) Unties Roberto and throws him out of the house.
(d) Threatens to shoot Roberto himself.
15. What do Gerardo and Paulina have with them on the terrace?
(a) A camera.
(b) An impartial witness.
(c) A tape recorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberto state about the situation in question #126.
2. What song begins to play when Paulina tells her story?
3. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
4. How many lines does Paulina speak in this scene?
5. What happens to Roberto after he is tied up at Paulina and Gerardo's home?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)