|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Dr. Miranda used to quote?
2. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
(a) He kisses the lead actress and she gives the actress a rose.
(b) They throws confetti onto the stage.
(c) He applauds; she does not.
(d) They are not in the audience.
3. Where is Roberto at the opening of this scene?
(a) Back in the bedroom sleeping.
(b) Dead; his body is in the car trunk.
(c) Still tied up in the living room.
(d) They have let him go.
4. How has Gerardo thought of Paulina's emotional state over the years?
(d) In denial.
5. Where is Paulina at the opening of this scene?
(a) Out on the terrace.
(b) In bed asleep.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the neighbor's house.
6. What seems to happen to Gerardo in this scene?
(a) He has a complete nervous breakdown.
(b) He starts really feeling sorry for Roberto.
(c) He gains his power.
(d) He becomes certain his wife is insane and wants to commit her to an asylum.
7. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
(a) That Roberto will always be at least figuratively hanging over Paulina and Gerardo's shoulders.
(b) That if you can't kill someone, you should not tie them up and threaten them.
(c) That the past is in the past and can no longer bother you in the present.
(d) That God is the Judge of all people.
8. What does Paulina remind Gerardo about her torturers?
(a) That they had not been caught.
(b) That they did offer her food and water.
(c) That they were animals.
(d) That they repeatedly raped her.
9. What does Gerardo imply that Roberto has done?
(a) Gotten himself into this predicament by his actions.
(b) Performed human euthanesia.
(c) Raped women tied to a cot.
(d) Assassinated the chief of police.
10. Where does Roberto say he has to go?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To pick his wife and children up at the airport.
(c) To work.
(d) To his office to get his papers for accuracy.
11. How does Gerardo prefer to treat Dr. Miranda aka Roberto?
(a) As if he is innocent.
(b) As a client.
(c) Like a brother.
(d) Roughly and slapping him now and then.
12. What does Paulina talk about in the opening of this scene?
(a) How she wants to forgive Dr. Miranda but cannot.
(b) The horrors she suffered at the hands of Dr. Miranda.
(c) Her inability to get a job after her time with Dr. Miranda.
(d) How she wants to move to the United States and get away from her past.
13. What is uncertain about the arrival of Roberto?
(a) Roberto has a twin brother and it may be the twin and not Roberto.
(b) He has dyed his hair and had a nose job, so it's not certain if that is really Roberto.
(c) Whether he is actually there or if Paulina is imaging it.
(d) He was in prison, so he must have escaped.
14. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That she knows how far she can go.
(b) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
(c) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
(d) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
15. What reason does Gerardo give in pleading with Roberto to indulge Paulina?
(a) That she is no longer certain about Roberto's identity.
(b) That she will forgive Roberto if he just confesses.
(c) That she is mentally unstable.
(d) That she is one of many who feel they need vengeance for past wrongs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roberto say about Gerardo's ability to protect Paulina?
2. What is Roberto doing during the next part of the concert?
3. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
4. What does Paulina mention using to rape Roberto, implying that he had done the same to her.
5. What happens when Gerardo turns on the tape recorder?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)