|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina say about the relationship between some doctors and the secret police?
(a) That the police believe doctors could not be trusted.
(b) That the doctors pretended to help the police, but were spying for the rebels.
(c) That the doctors and the police were on different sides of the political situation.
(d) That the police used the doctors in their torture sessions.
2. What was one thing that revolted Gerardo under the military regime?
(a) False evidence against innocent people.
(b) The nationalization of the banks.
(c) The many executions.
(d) That they dismissed the junta.
3. What has Paulina not shared with Gerardo in the past?
(a) Very much about her experiences while being tortured.
(b) The fact that she had been a medical student.
(c) That she is estranged from her parents.
(d) That she was fairly sure she knew who Dr. Miranda is.
4. When is Paulina kidnapped?
(a) January, 1974.
(b) June, 1979.
(c) April, 1975.
(d) April, 1966.
5. How does Gerardo prefer to treat Dr. Miranda aka Roberto?
(a) Like a brother.
(b) As a client.
(c) As if he is innocent.
(d) Roughly and slapping him now and then.
6. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina as she is talking about the above phrase?
(a) To leave so he can continue to talk with Roberto.
(b) To stop being irrelevant to the task at hand.
(c) To not be so vulgar.
(d) To go check out the meaning of the phrase on the internet.
7. How has Gerardo thought of Paulina's emotional state over the years?
(c) In denial.
8. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
(a) That Roberto will always be at least figuratively hanging over Paulina and Gerardo's shoulders.
(b) That God is the Judge of all people.
(c) That the past is in the past and can no longer bother you in the present.
(d) That if you can't kill someone, you should not tie them up and threaten them.
9. What does Paulina say about the way Roberto takes his coffee?
(a) He only drinks coffee after a torture session.
(b) He takes it black.
(c) He doesn't like coffee.
(d) He likes it with sugar.
10. To what does Roberto admit?
(a) Being afraid.
(b) Using electrical paddles to shock political prisoners.
(c) Raping Paulina.
11. What interrupted Paulina from telling this something years ago?
(a) An air raid.
(b) The baby crying and needing attention.
(c) A woman whom Gerardo had been sleeping with while Paulina was imprisoned.
(d) The police arresting Paulina.
12. What composer does Dr. Miranda play while talking with Paulina in captivity?
13. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
(a) To help Gerardo kill her.
(b) To tell her she is totally mistaken.
(c) To humor her.
(d) To help him get her committed to an asylum.
14. What is Gerardo trying to get Paulina to tell him?
(a) That she wants to divorce him.
(b) Something she had started to tell him years before.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) Why they must kill Roberto.
15. What does Paulina talk about in the opening of this scene?
(a) How she wants to move to the United States and get away from her past.
(b) Her inability to get a job after her time with Dr. Miranda.
(c) The horrors she suffered at the hands of Dr. Miranda.
(d) How she wants to forgive Dr. Miranda but cannot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Dr. Miranda used to quote?
2. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
3. What is Roberto's situation?
4. What sounds are heard?
5. What happens to Roberto after he is tied up at Paulina and Gerardo's home?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)