|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerardo prefer to treat Dr. Miranda aka Roberto?
(a) As a client.
(b) As if he is innocent.
(c) Roughly and slapping him now and then.
(d) Like a brother.
2. What has Paulina not shared with Gerardo in the past?
(a) That she was fairly sure she knew who Dr. Miranda is.
(b) The fact that she had been a medical student.
(c) That she is estranged from her parents.
(d) Very much about her experiences while being tortured.
3. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
(a) Of course, after Roberto confesses.
(b) Not unless Roberto tries to escape.
(c) They didn't kill her, so that wouldn't be fair.
(d) She has not decided yet.
4. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
(a) On the birth of his son.
(b) For his birthday.
(c) For having such an incredible wife.
(d) For the release of an important paper.
5. What was one thing that revolted Gerardo under the military regime?
(a) The many executions.
(b) That they dismissed the junta.
(c) False evidence against innocent people.
(d) The nationalization of the banks.
6. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
(a) That if you can't kill someone, you should not tie them up and threaten them.
(b) That Roberto will always be at least figuratively hanging over Paulina and Gerardo's shoulders.
(c) That God is the Judge of all people.
(d) That the past is in the past and can no longer bother you in the present.
7. What is Paulina's relationship with her parents like?
(a) Average daughter/parent relationship.
(c) Her parents are not mentioned in this scene.
(d) Very close.
8. Who does Roberto condemn?
(b) His adulterous wife.
9. What does Paulina say about the relationship between some doctors and the secret police?
(a) That the police believe doctors could not be trusted.
(b) That the police used the doctors in their torture sessions.
(c) That the doctors and the police were on different sides of the political situation.
(d) That the doctors pretended to help the police, but were spying for the rebels.
10. Who does Paulina mention that upsets Roberto?
(a) His children.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
11. Where does Roberto say he has to go?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To pick his wife and children up at the airport.
(c) To his office to get his papers for accuracy.
(d) To work.
12. What does Roberto say about Gerardo's ability to protect Paulina?
(a) Roberto questions Gerardo's manhood for not protecting Paulina from rape.
(b) That it's not his responsibility to have kept Paulina safe.
(c) He is not to blame that he couldn't keep Paulina safe.
(d) He is better able to protect her than the police.
13. Why does Gerardo leave Roberto at the end of the scene?
(a) To go get some sleep.
(b) To go get some electric shock paddles to force a confession.
(c) To go to work.
(d) To tell Paulina that Roberto needs to use the restroom again.
14. What does Roberto state about Paulina?
(a) That she needs psychiatric care.
(b) That he knew her when she was in elementary school.
(c) That she is an admirable person.
(d) That she is beautiful.
15. What is uncertain about the arrival of Roberto?
(a) Roberto has a twin brother and it may be the twin and not Roberto.
(b) Whether he is actually there or if Paulina is imaging it.
(c) He was in prison, so he must have escaped.
(d) He has dyed his hair and had a nose job, so it's not certain if that is really Roberto.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
2. What does Paulina confess she has faked during their marriage?
3. Who does Gerardo thank?
4. What does Paulina intend to do once Roberto begins talking?
5. Where is Paulina at the opening of this scene?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)