|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she talk about doing to Roberto?
(a) Raping him.
(b) Dumping him in a bathtub full of scalding water.
(c) Making him a eunuch.
(d) Blinding him.
2. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
(a) To help him get her committed to an asylum.
(b) To humor her.
(c) To help Gerardo kill her.
(d) To tell her she is totally mistaken.
3. How many lines does Paulina speak in this scene?
(c) About ten.
4. What is Gerardo's response to Roberto's taunting him?
(a) Tells Roberto he is insane.
(b) Unties Roberto and throws him out of the house.
(c) Laughs since he knows what Roberto is trying to do.
(d) Threatens to shoot Roberto himself.
5. What did the woman with whom Gerardo had an affair claim?
(a) That she was with the secret police.
(b) That she could help him find Paulina.
(c) That she was better for him than Paulina.
(d) That she had also been tortured.
6. What does Paulina say about the relationship between some doctors and the secret police?
(a) That the police believe doctors could not be trusted.
(b) That the doctors and the police were on different sides of the political situation.
(c) That the doctors pretended to help the police, but were spying for the rebels.
(d) That the police used the doctors in their torture sessions.
7. Besides his voice, how else does Paulina know Roberta was one of her torturers?
(a) The way he blinks his eyes constantly.
(b) The way he says certain words with a foreign accent.
(c) The feel of his skin and his smell.
(d) The way he sniffs his nose constantly.
8. What is Gerardo trying to get Paulina to tell him?
(a) That she wants to divorce him.
(b) Something she had started to tell him years before.
(c) Why they must kill Roberto.
(d) That she loves him.
9. What does Paulina talk about in the opening of this scene?
(a) How she wants to move to the United States and get away from her past.
(b) The horrors she suffered at the hands of Dr. Miranda.
(c) Her inability to get a job after her time with Dr. Miranda.
(d) How she wants to forgive Dr. Miranda but cannot.
10. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
(a) To convince Roberto that Paulina will kill him if he doesn't confess.
(b) To leave the house until Paulina is through with Roberto.
(c) To rough Roberto up to scare him.
(d) To help her dispose of the body if she has to kill Roberto.
11. As Paulina persists in questioning Gerardo about the affair, how does he respond.
(a) He says he wants a divorce.
(b) He says he will find the woman and let Paulina talk to her.
(c) He says if she brings it up once more, he will shoot her instead of Roberto.
(d) Asks her why they torture each other in this way and does she want him to leave.
12. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
(b) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
(c) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
(d) That she knows how far she can go.
13. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
(a) They are not in this scene.
(b) Sleeping in their respective bedrooms.
(c) In the car.
(d) Seated at the dining table.
14. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
(a) For his birthday.
(b) For the release of an important paper.
(c) For having such an incredible wife.
(d) On the birth of his son.
15. About what phrase does Paulina talk?
(a) "Two birds with one stone."
(b) "Son of a bitch."
(c) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(d) "Birds of a feather flock together."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roberto condemn?
2. What has Paulina not shared with Gerardo in the past?
3. What are some of the things Paulina mentions that she endured during torture?
4. Where is Paulina looking when the stage goes dark?
5. Who did Dr. Miranda used to quote?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)