|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
(a) He applauds; she does not.
(b) They throws confetti onto the stage.
(c) He kisses the lead actress and she gives the actress a rose.
(d) They are not in the audience.
2. Where is Paulina at the opening of this scene?
(a) In bed asleep.
(b) Out on the terrace.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the neighbor's house.
3. What has Paulina not shared with Gerardo in the past?
(a) That she was fairly sure she knew who Dr. Miranda is.
(b) Very much about her experiences while being tortured.
(c) That she is estranged from her parents.
(d) The fact that she had been a medical student.
4. What sounds are heard?
(a) It is absolutely silent.
(b) Music as well as general audience noise.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) The telephone is ringing.
5. What does Paulina want Gerardo to do on the Investigating Committee?
(a) Lie so as to get the past over as quickly as possible.
(b) Defend the truth.
(c) She doesn't want him on the committee.
(d) Be the voice of reason.
6. What does Paulina do when Gerardo looks at her as the song commences?
(a) Turns to Gerardo and smiles.
(d) Looks over at Roberto and gives him an obscene sign.
7. How does Gerardo prefer to treat Dr. Miranda aka Roberto?
(a) As if he is innocent.
(b) Roughly and slapping him now and then.
(c) As a client.
(d) Like a brother.
8. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
(a) To set him free.
(b) For another cup of coffee.
(c) For a cigarette.
(d) What he supposedly did.
9. How much time has elapsed since the last scene?
(a) Two days.
(b) A week.
(c) Several months.
(d) Ten years.
10. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
(a) Pistol whips Roberto for trying to escape.
(b) Gives Roberto more water.
(c) Says another line from her time of torture and runs her hands all over Roberto.
(d) Ask Roberto to forgive her.
11. How does Paulina want to honor Gerardo's caring of her?
(a) Let him go back and have an affair with the other woman.
(b) Take him on a long cruise.
(c) Buy him a year's worth of sessions with a massage therapist.
(d) Adopt a child and care for him in the same way.
12. What does Gerardo say Paulina will do if Roberto does not confess?
(a) Take him to the police.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Have Gerardo work him over with a billy club.
(d) Cut out his tongue.
13. What is Paulina's relationship with her parents like?
(a) Her parents are not mentioned in this scene.
(b) Very close.
(d) Average daughter/parent relationship.
14. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina as she is talking about the above phrase?
(a) To not be so vulgar.
(b) To stop being irrelevant to the task at hand.
(c) To leave so he can continue to talk with Roberto.
(d) To go check out the meaning of the phrase on the internet.
15. What does Paulina want to know about Gerardo's affair with this woman?
(a) How they met.
(b) If he wishes he was with her now.
(c) How many times they had sex.
(d) If he loved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina remind Gerardo about her torturers?
2. What does Paulina confess she has faked during their marriage?
3. Who enters as Paulina is paying for the candy?
4. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
5. What does Paulina want of Gerardo?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)