|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roberto's situation?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is unconscious.
(c) He has convinced Paulina of his innocence and is free.
(d) He is still tied, but his hands are now in front of him.
2. What is the first thing Roberto says when Paulina removes the gag?
(a) Tells Paulina to go to hell.
(b) Asks for water.
(c) Calls Paulina a bitch.
(d) Says he is going to sue Paulina.
3. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
(a) Of course, after Roberto confesses.
(b) Not unless Roberto tries to escape.
(c) She has not decided yet.
(d) They didn't kill her, so that wouldn't be fair.
4. About what phrase does Paulina talk?
(a) "Two birds with one stone."
(b) "Birds of a feather flock together."
(c) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(d) "Son of a bitch."
5. What does she talk about doing to Roberto?
(a) Making him a eunuch.
(b) Raping him.
(c) Blinding him.
(d) Dumping him in a bathtub full of scalding water.
6. What interrupted Paulina from telling this something years ago?
(a) The baby crying and needing attention.
(b) A woman whom Gerardo had been sleeping with while Paulina was imprisoned.
(c) An air raid.
(d) The police arresting Paulina.
7. What song begins to play?
(a) Ravel's Bolero.
(b) Bach's Brandenburg Concerto.
(c) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(d) Beethoven's Fur Elise.
8. Who enters as Paulina is paying for the candy?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her son.
9. How much time has elapsed since the last scene?
(a) Several months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
10. What happens when Gerardo turns on the tape recorder?
(a) He prompts Paulina to tell her story.
(b) The tape breaks.
(c) He goes in and forces Roberto to speak into the microphone.
(d) They can't find the recorder.
11. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
(a) To help her dispose of the body if she has to kill Roberto.
(b) To convince Roberto that Paulina will kill him if he doesn't confess.
(c) To leave the house until Paulina is through with Roberto.
(d) To rough Roberto up to scare him.
12. Where is Paulina looking when the stage goes dark?
(a) At Gerardo.
(b) At her hands.
(c) In a mirror.
(d) At Roberto.
13. What is the main thing Paulina wants from Roberto?
(a) A guarantee that he won't go to the police.
(b) An apology.
(c) His written and signed confession in her hand.
(d) An explanation as to why he hurt her.
14. Who did Dr. Miranda used to quote?
15. What has Paulina not shared with Gerardo in the past?
(a) The fact that she had been a medical student.
(b) Very much about her experiences while being tortured.
(c) That she was fairly sure she knew who Dr. Miranda is.
(d) That she is estranged from her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina say about the relationship between some doctors and the secret police?
2. Who turns to Roberto and meets his gaze for a moment?
3. What does Gerardo say he is in favor of now?
4. What does Paulina remind Gerardo about her torturers?
5. What does Gerardo say Paulina will do if Roberto does not confess?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)