|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
(a) For his birthday.
(b) On the birth of his son.
(c) For having such an incredible wife.
(d) For the release of an important paper.
2. What does Roberto state about the situation in question #126.
(a) That it was not true.
(b) That it was a patriotic thing the doctors did.
(c) That the doctors were forced into the situation.
(d) That it had been investigated by the medical association.
3. What does Gerardo imply that Roberto has done?
(a) Performed human euthanesia.
(b) Gotten himself into this predicament by his actions.
(c) Raped women tied to a cot.
(d) Assassinated the chief of police.
4. What did the woman with whom Gerardo had an affair claim?
(a) That she was better for him than Paulina.
(b) That she had also been tortured.
(c) That she could help him find Paulina.
(d) That she was with the secret police.
5. Who does Gerardo thank?
(a) Spectators who are off-stage.
(b) His mother.
(d) No one.
6. Where does Roberto say he has to go?
(a) To his office to get his papers for accuracy.
(b) To the bathroom.
(c) To work.
(d) To pick his wife and children up at the airport.
7. When is Paulina kidnapped?
(a) January, 1974.
(b) June, 1979.
(c) April, 1966.
(d) April, 1975.
8. What does Gerardo say Paulina will do if Roberto does not confess?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Cut out his tongue.
(c) Take him to the police.
(d) Have Gerardo work him over with a billy club.
9. How many lines does Paulina speak in this scene?
(c) About ten.
10. What does Roberto state about Paulina?
(a) That he knew her when she was in elementary school.
(b) That she is beautiful.
(c) That she needs psychiatric care.
(d) That she is an admirable person.
11. What is Gerardo trying to get Paulina to tell him?
(a) That she wants to divorce him.
(b) Something she had started to tell him years before.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) Why they must kill Roberto.
12. What announces the resumption of the concert?
(a) The dimming of the lights.
(c) A bell.
(d) A voice over the loud speaker.
13. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
(a) That God is the Judge of all people.
(b) That the past is in the past and can no longer bother you in the present.
(c) That Roberto will always be at least figuratively hanging over Paulina and Gerardo's shoulders.
(d) That if you can't kill someone, you should not tie them up and threaten them.
14. Where does this scene open?
(a) At the police station.
(b) At a public park.
(c) In the legislative building.
(d) A concert hall.
15. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about Roberto?
(a) That he is having a heart attack from fear.
(b) That he doesn't want to cooperate.
(c) That Gerardo is certain that Roberto is Dr. Miranda.
(d) That he is actually an undercover agent for Gerardo's commission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
2. What does Paulina mention using to rape Roberto, implying that he had done the same to her.
3. How does Paulina want to honor Gerardo's caring of her?
4. Where is Roberto at the opening of this scene?
5. Besides his voice, how else does Paulina know Roberta was one of her torturers?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)