|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gerardo thank?
(a) Spectators who are off-stage.
(b) No one.
(d) His mother.
2. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
(a) For the release of an important paper.
(b) For his birthday.
(c) For having such an incredible wife.
(d) On the birth of his son.
3. At first, what is the primary reason for the doctor's presence during torture?
(a) To make certain a woman isn't pregnant before shock torture.
(b) To heal the patient.
(c) To administer truth serum.
(d) To say how much physical abuse the prisoner can withstand without dying.
4. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about Roberto?
(a) That Gerardo is certain that Roberto is Dr. Miranda.
(b) That he is having a heart attack from fear.
(c) That he is actually an undercover agent for Gerardo's commission.
(d) That he doesn't want to cooperate.
5. Who does Paulina mention that upsets Roberto?
(a) His sister.
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
6. What is uncertain about the arrival of Roberto?
(a) He was in prison, so he must have escaped.
(b) He has dyed his hair and had a nose job, so it's not certain if that is really Roberto.
(c) Whether he is actually there or if Paulina is imaging it.
(d) Roberto has a twin brother and it may be the twin and not Roberto.
7. What does Paulina confess she has faked during their marriage?
(b) The fact that she was tortured.
(c) Her real name.
(d) Her sanity.
8. What does Roberto state about Paulina?
(a) That she is an admirable person.
(b) That she is beautiful.
(c) That he knew her when she was in elementary school.
(d) That she needs psychiatric care.
9. What is Gerardo trying to get Paulina to tell him?
(a) That she wants to divorce him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) Something she had started to tell him years before.
(d) Why they must kill Roberto.
10. Where does this scene open?
(a) A concert hall.
(b) At a public park.
(c) At the police station.
(d) In the legislative building.
11. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
(a) Not unless Roberto tries to escape.
(b) Of course, after Roberto confesses.
(c) They didn't kill her, so that wouldn't be fair.
(d) She has not decided yet.
12. What alternative does Paulina offer Gerardo instead of his involvement?
(a) No alternative.
(b) That he can leave and never come back.
(c) That he can sit in the bedroom and listen.
(d) That he can call the police and have her arrested.
13. What song begins to play when Paulina tells her story?
(a) The Beatles' Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
(b) Chicago's McArthur Park.
(c) Beethoven's Ninth Symphony.
(d) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
14. What will Paulina do if Roberto gives her a signed confession?
(a) Insist on therapy.
(b) Let him go.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Have him arrested.
15. What does Paulina want to know about Gerardo's affair with this woman?
(a) If he wishes he was with her now.
(b) If he loved her.
(c) How many times they had sex.
(d) How they met.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to happen to Gerardo in this scene?
2. What is Roberto doing during the next part of the concert?
3. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
4. What song begins to play?
5. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)