|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Gerardo say he and the woman had sex?
(b) Too numerous to count.
(d) They did not have sex.
2. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
(a) That Roberto will always be at least figuratively hanging over Paulina and Gerardo's shoulders.
(b) That if you can't kill someone, you should not tie them up and threaten them.
(c) That the past is in the past and can no longer bother you in the present.
(d) That God is the Judge of all people.
3. What has Paulina not shared with Gerardo in the past?
(a) Very much about her experiences while being tortured.
(b) The fact that she had been a medical student.
(c) That she is estranged from her parents.
(d) That she was fairly sure she knew who Dr. Miranda is.
4. What does Paulina do when Gerardo looks at her as the song commences?
(a) Looks over at Roberto and gives him an obscene sign.
(d) Turns to Gerardo and smiles.
5. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about Roberto?
(a) That he is having a heart attack from fear.
(b) That Gerardo is certain that Roberto is Dr. Miranda.
(c) That he is actually an undercover agent for Gerardo's commission.
(d) That he doesn't want to cooperate.
6. To what does Roberto admit?
(a) Using electrical paddles to shock political prisoners.
(b) Being afraid.
(c) Raping Paulina.
7. What does Paulina want Gerardo to do on the Investigating Committee?
(a) Defend the truth.
(b) She doesn't want him on the committee.
(c) Be the voice of reason.
(d) Lie so as to get the past over as quickly as possible.
8. As Paulina persists in questioning Gerardo about the affair, how does he respond.
(a) He says he will find the woman and let Paulina talk to her.
(b) He says if she brings it up once more, he will shoot her instead of Roberto.
(c) He says he wants a divorce.
(d) Asks her why they torture each other in this way and does she want him to leave.
9. What is Roberto doing during the next part of the concert?
(a) He does not come into the concert hall.
(b) Watching the musicians.
(c) Speaking with his wife.
(d) Watching Paulina and Gerardo.
10. What does Paulina want to know about Gerardo's affair with this woman?
(a) If he loved her.
(b) If he wishes he was with her now.
(c) How many times they had sex.
(d) How they met.
11. Where is Roberto at the opening of this scene?
(a) Dead; his body is in the car trunk.
(b) They have let him go.
(c) Still tied up in the living room.
(d) Back in the bedroom sleeping.
12. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Sleeping in their respective bedrooms.
(b) Seated at the dining table.
(c) In the car.
(d) They are not in this scene.
13. Who did Dr. Miranda used to quote?
14. What composer does Dr. Miranda play while talking with Paulina in captivity?
15. Who does Paulina meet after three days of captivity?
(a) Dr. Miranda.
(b) The head of the Secret Police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique does Roberto think Paulina and Gerardo are using?
2. What is the first thing Roberto says when Paulina removes the gag?
3. What does Roberto say about Gerardo's ability to protect Paulina?
4. About what phrase does Paulina talk?
5. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)