|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
(a) To help her dispose of the body if she has to kill Roberto.
(b) To leave the house until Paulina is through with Roberto.
(c) To convince Roberto that Paulina will kill him if he doesn't confess.
(d) To rough Roberto up to scare him.
2. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
(a) Pistol whips Roberto for trying to escape.
(b) Gives Roberto more water.
(c) Says another line from her time of torture and runs her hands all over Roberto.
(d) Ask Roberto to forgive her.
3. What does Gerardo imply that Roberto has done?
(a) Assassinated the chief of police.
(b) Performed human euthanesia.
(c) Raped women tied to a cot.
(d) Gotten himself into this predicament by his actions.
4. What did the woman with whom Gerardo had an affair claim?
(a) That she was better for him than Paulina.
(b) That she was with the secret police.
(c) That she had also been tortured.
(d) That she could help him find Paulina.
5. What is uncertain about the arrival of Roberto?
(a) Whether he is actually there or if Paulina is imaging it.
(b) He has dyed his hair and had a nose job, so it's not certain if that is really Roberto.
(c) Roberto has a twin brother and it may be the twin and not Roberto.
(d) He was in prison, so he must have escaped.
6. What will Paulina do if Roberto gives her a signed confession?
(a) Insist on therapy.
(b) Have him arrested.
(c) Let him go.
(d) Kill him.
7. What does Paulina want Gerardo to do on the Investigating Committee?
(a) Defend the truth.
(b) She doesn't want him on the committee.
(c) Be the voice of reason.
(d) Lie so as to get the past over as quickly as possible.
8. What does Paulina confess she has faked during their marriage?
(a) Her real name.
(b) Her sanity.
(c) The fact that she was tortured.
9. What do Gerardo and Paulina have with them on the terrace?
(b) An impartial witness.
(c) A camera.
(d) A tape recorder.
10. What does Paulina remind Gerardo about her torturers?
(a) That they did offer her food and water.
(b) That they were animals.
(c) That they repeatedly raped her.
(d) That they had not been caught.
11. What seems to happen to Gerardo in this scene?
(a) He starts really feeling sorry for Roberto.
(b) He gains his power.
(c) He becomes certain his wife is insane and wants to commit her to an asylum.
(d) He has a complete nervous breakdown.
12. Where is Paulina at the opening of this scene?
(a) Out on the terrace.
(b) At the police station.
(c) At the neighbor's house.
(d) In bed asleep.
13. At first, what is the primary reason for the doctor's presence during torture?
(a) To say how much physical abuse the prisoner can withstand without dying.
(b) To administer truth serum.
(c) To make certain a woman isn't pregnant before shock torture.
(d) To heal the patient.
14. About what phrase does Paulina talk?
(a) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(b) "Two birds with one stone."
(c) "Son of a bitch."
(d) "Birds of a feather flock together."
15. What does Gerardo say he is in favor of now?
(a) Letting Roberto go without the confession.
(b) Raping Roberto.
(c) Killing Roberto.
(d) An eye for an eye retaliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
2. Who does Gerardo thank?
3. What does Paulina want of Gerardo?
4. Where is Paulina looking when the stage goes dark?
5. What does Paulina do when she walks away from Gerardo?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)