|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paulina want to honor Gerardo's caring of her?
(a) Let him go back and have an affair with the other woman.
(b) Adopt a child and care for him in the same way.
(c) Take him on a long cruise.
(d) Buy him a year's worth of sessions with a massage therapist.
2. Who does Gerardo thank?
(a) His mother.
(b) Spectators who are off-stage.
(c) No one.
3. What is the first thing Roberto says when Paulina removes the gag?
(a) Tells Paulina to go to hell.
(b) Calls Paulina a bitch.
(c) Says he is going to sue Paulina.
(d) Asks for water.
4. What interrupted Paulina from telling this something years ago?
(a) The police arresting Paulina.
(b) A woman whom Gerardo had been sleeping with while Paulina was imprisoned.
(c) The baby crying and needing attention.
(d) An air raid.
5. Who does Roberto condemn?
(c) His adulterous wife.
6. What does Gerardo ask of Paulina as she is talking about the above phrase?
(a) To stop being irrelevant to the task at hand.
(b) To go check out the meaning of the phrase on the internet.
(c) To leave so he can continue to talk with Roberto.
(d) To not be so vulgar.
7. What technique does Roberto think Paulina and Gerardo are using?
(a) Sleep deprivation.
(b) Good cop, bad cop.
(d) Guilt induced confession.
8. What does Gerardo say he is in favor of now?
(a) Killing Roberto.
(b) An eye for an eye retaliation.
(c) Raping Roberto.
(d) Letting Roberto go without the confession.
9. How much time has elapsed since the last scene?
(a) Two days.
(b) A week.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Several months.
10. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
(a) Ask Roberto to forgive her.
(b) Gives Roberto more water.
(c) Pistol whips Roberto for trying to escape.
(d) Says another line from her time of torture and runs her hands all over Roberto.
11. What does Paulina want of Gerardo?
(a) Him to assure her of his love.
(b) His to leave immediately.
(c) Him to kill Roberto.
(d) Him to stay with her.
12. As Paulina persists in questioning Gerardo about the affair, how does he respond.
(a) Asks her why they torture each other in this way and does she want him to leave.
(b) He says he wants a divorce.
(c) He says he will find the woman and let Paulina talk to her.
(d) He says if she brings it up once more, he will shoot her instead of Roberto.
13. What song begins to play?
(a) Beethoven's Fur Elise.
(b) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(c) Ravel's Bolero.
(d) Bach's Brandenburg Concerto.
14. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
(a) To help her dispose of the body if she has to kill Roberto.
(b) To leave the house until Paulina is through with Roberto.
(c) To convince Roberto that Paulina will kill him if he doesn't confess.
(d) To rough Roberto up to scare him.
15. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
(a) To humor her.
(b) To help him get her committed to an asylum.
(c) To tell her she is totally mistaken.
(d) To help Gerardo kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paulina meet after three days of captivity?
2. Where is Paulina at the opening of this scene?
3. What seems to happen to Gerardo in this scene?
4. What are some of the things Paulina mentions that she endured during torture?
5. What does Roberto say about Gerardo's ability to protect Paulina?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)