|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberto state about Paulina?
(a) That she needs psychiatric care.
(b) That she is beautiful.
(c) That he knew her when she was in elementary school.
(d) That she is an admirable person.
2. Where does this scene open?
(a) At the police station.
(b) In the legislative building.
(c) At a public park.
(d) A concert hall.
3. About what phrase does Paulina talk?
(a) "Two birds with one stone."
(b) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(c) "Birds of a feather flock together."
(d) "Son of a bitch."
4. What does Paulina confess she has faked during their marriage?
(a) Her real name.
(b) Her sanity.
(d) The fact that she was tortured.
5. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
(a) They didn't kill her, so that wouldn't be fair.
(b) She has not decided yet.
(c) Of course, after Roberto confesses.
(d) Not unless Roberto tries to escape.
6. To what does Roberto admit?
(a) Using electrical paddles to shock political prisoners.
(b) Being afraid.
(c) Raping Paulina.
7. What sounds are heard?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) It is absolutely silent.
(c) Music as well as general audience noise.
(d) The telephone is ringing.
8. How has Gerardo thought of Paulina's emotional state over the years?
(a) In denial.
9. How many lines does Paulina speak in this scene?
(c) About ten.
10. Where is Roberto at the opening of this scene?
(a) They have let him go.
(b) Dead; his body is in the car trunk.
(c) Back in the bedroom sleeping.
(d) Still tied up in the living room.
11. What is Gerardo's response to Roberto's taunting him?
(a) Threatens to shoot Roberto himself.
(b) Tells Roberto he is insane.
(c) Laughs since he knows what Roberto is trying to do.
(d) Unties Roberto and throws him out of the house.
12. Who turns to Roberto and meets his gaze for a moment?
(a) Roberto's mistress.
(c) Roberto's wife.
13. Who does Paulina meet after three days of captivity?
(a) Dr. Miranda.
(d) The head of the Secret Police.
14. What song begins to play?
(a) Ravel's Bolero.
(b) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(c) Beethoven's Fur Elise.
(d) Bach's Brandenburg Concerto.
15. What technique does Roberto think Paulina and Gerardo are using?
(a) Good cop, bad cop.
(b) Sleep deprivation.
(c) Guilt induced confession.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paulina mention that upsets Roberto?
2. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
3. How many times does Gerardo say he and the woman had sex?
4. What composer does Paulina want to listen to with Gerardo?
5. Where is Paulina at the opening of this scene?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)