|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What composer does Paulina want to listen to with Gerardo?
2. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about Roberto?
(a) That Gerardo is certain that Roberto is Dr. Miranda.
(b) That he is actually an undercover agent for Gerardo's commission.
(c) That he is having a heart attack from fear.
(d) That he doesn't want to cooperate.
3. What does she talk about doing to Roberto?
(a) Blinding him.
(b) Dumping him in a bathtub full of scalding water.
(c) Raping him.
(d) Making him a eunuch.
4. What does Paulina remind Gerardo about her torturers?
(a) That they did offer her food and water.
(b) That they were animals.
(c) That they had not been caught.
(d) That they repeatedly raped her.
5. What is one possible symbolic meaning to this last scene?
(a) That the past is in the past and can no longer bother you in the present.
(b) That Roberto will always be at least figuratively hanging over Paulina and Gerardo's shoulders.
(c) That God is the Judge of all people.
(d) That if you can't kill someone, you should not tie them up and threaten them.
6. What is Paulina's relationship with her parents like?
(b) Very close.
(c) Average daughter/parent relationship.
(d) Her parents are not mentioned in this scene.
7. What alternative does Paulina offer Gerardo instead of his involvement?
(a) That he can leave and never come back.
(b) No alternative.
(c) That he can sit in the bedroom and listen.
(d) That he can call the police and have her arrested.
8. What does Paulina do when Gerardo looks at her as the song commences?
(a) Looks over at Roberto and gives him an obscene sign.
(c) Turns to Gerardo and smiles.
9. What announces the resumption of the concert?
(a) The dimming of the lights.
(b) A bell.
(d) A voice over the loud speaker.
10. What happens to Roberto after he is tied up at Paulina and Gerardo's home?
(a) His fate is not mentioned.
(b) The couple kills him.
(c) The couple forgives him and they eventually become friends.
(d) He is beaten badly and left on the steps of the hospital.
11. What does Roberto state about the situation in question #126.
(a) That it was a patriotic thing the doctors did.
(b) That it had been investigated by the medical association.
(c) That the doctors were forced into the situation.
(d) That it was not true.
12. Where does Roberto say he has to go?
(a) To his office to get his papers for accuracy.
(b) To the bathroom.
(c) To pick his wife and children up at the airport.
(d) To work.
13. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
(a) They throws confetti onto the stage.
(b) They are not in the audience.
(c) He applauds; she does not.
(d) He kisses the lead actress and she gives the actress a rose.
14. What does Gerardo imply that Roberto has done?
(a) Performed human euthanesia.
(b) Gotten himself into this predicament by his actions.
(c) Raped women tied to a cot.
(d) Assassinated the chief of police.
15. How has Gerardo thought of Paulina's emotional state over the years?
(a) In denial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
2. Who does Gerardo thank?
3. When is Paulina kidnapped?
4. What are some of the things Paulina mentions that she endured during torture?
5. What song begins to play when Paulina tells her story?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)