|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerardo prefer to treat Dr. Miranda aka Roberto?
(a) As if he is innocent.
(b) As a client.
(c) Like a brother.
(d) Roughly and slapping him now and then.
2. About what phrase does Paulina talk?
(a) "Two birds with one stone."
(b) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(c) "Son of a bitch."
(d) "Birds of a feather flock together."
3. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
(a) Of course, after Roberto confesses.
(b) Not unless Roberto tries to escape.
(c) They didn't kill her, so that wouldn't be fair.
(d) She has not decided yet.
4. Where does Roberto say he has to go?
(a) To work.
(b) To his office to get his papers for accuracy.
(c) To the bathroom.
(d) To pick his wife and children up at the airport.
5. What does Gerardo say he is in favor of now?
(a) Letting Roberto go without the confession.
(b) An eye for an eye retaliation.
(c) Killing Roberto.
(d) Raping Roberto.
6. Where does this scene open?
(a) At a public park.
(b) In the legislative building.
(c) A concert hall.
(d) At the police station.
7. What does Paulina say about the relationship between some doctors and the secret police?
(a) That the doctors and the police were on different sides of the political situation.
(b) That the police used the doctors in their torture sessions.
(c) That the police believe doctors could not be trusted.
(d) That the doctors pretended to help the police, but were spying for the rebels.
8. Who does Gerardo thank?
(a) Spectators who are off-stage.
(c) No one.
(d) His mother.
9. As Paulina persists in questioning Gerardo about the affair, how does he respond.
(a) He says he will find the woman and let Paulina talk to her.
(b) He says he wants a divorce.
(c) Asks her why they torture each other in this way and does she want him to leave.
(d) He says if she brings it up once more, he will shoot her instead of Roberto.
10. What is the main thing Paulina wants from Roberto?
(a) A guarantee that he won't go to the police.
(b) An apology.
(c) His written and signed confession in her hand.
(d) An explanation as to why he hurt her.
11. To what does Roberto admit?
(a) Being afraid.
(b) Raping Paulina.
(d) Using electrical paddles to shock political prisoners.
12. What seems to happen to Gerardo in this scene?
(a) He becomes certain his wife is insane and wants to commit her to an asylum.
(b) He has a complete nervous breakdown.
(c) He gains his power.
(d) He starts really feeling sorry for Roberto.
13. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
(b) That she knows how far she can go.
(c) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
(d) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
14. What are some of the things Paulina mentions that she endured during torture?
(a) Electrocutions, rapes, near-drowning in feces.
(c) Eating raw pork.
(d) Handcuffed to a brick wall off the floor.
15. What did the woman with whom Gerardo had an affair claim?
(a) That she was with the secret police.
(b) That she had also been tortured.
(c) That she could help him find Paulina.
(d) That she was better for him than Paulina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerardo say Paulina will do if Roberto does not confess?
2. What does Paulina mention using to rape Roberto, implying that he had done the same to her.
3. Why does Gerardo leave Roberto at the end of the scene?
4. What does Roberto state about the situation in question #126.
5. What composer does Dr. Miranda play while talking with Paulina in captivity?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)