|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gerardo and Paulina have with them on the terrace?
(a) An impartial witness.
(b) A tape recorder.
(c) A camera.
2. What sounds are heard?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) The telephone is ringing.
(c) Music as well as general audience noise.
(d) It is absolutely silent.
3. How much time has elapsed since the last scene?
(a) Two days.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Several months.
(d) A week.
4. What is Roberto's situation?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He has convinced Paulina of his innocence and is free.
(c) He is still tied, but his hands are now in front of him.
(d) He is unconscious.
5. How many lines does Paulina speak in this scene?
(a) About ten.
6. What are some of the things Paulina mentions that she endured during torture?
(a) Handcuffed to a brick wall off the floor.
(b) Electrocutions, rapes, near-drowning in feces.
(d) Eating raw pork.
7. Where does Roberto say he has to go?
(a) To pick his wife and children up at the airport.
(b) To work.
(c) To his office to get his papers for accuracy.
(d) To the bathroom.
8. Roberto asks what of Gerardo?
(a) To set him free.
(b) For a cigarette.
(c) What he supposedly did.
(d) For another cup of coffee.
9. As Paulina persists in questioning Gerardo about the affair, how does he respond.
(a) He says he wants a divorce.
(b) He says he will find the woman and let Paulina talk to her.
(c) Asks her why they torture each other in this way and does she want him to leave.
(d) He says if she brings it up once more, he will shoot her instead of Roberto.
10. What reason does Gerardo give in pleading with Roberto to indulge Paulina?
(a) That she is no longer certain about Roberto's identity.
(b) That she is one of many who feel they need vengeance for past wrongs.
(c) That she will forgive Roberto if he just confesses.
(d) That she is mentally unstable.
11. What announces the resumption of the concert?
(a) A bell.
(b) A voice over the loud speaker.
(c) The dimming of the lights.
12. Who does Roberto condemn?
(c) His adulterous wife.
13. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
(a) Says another line from her time of torture and runs her hands all over Roberto.
(b) Pistol whips Roberto for trying to escape.
(c) Gives Roberto more water.
(d) Ask Roberto to forgive her.
14. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
(a) For having such an incredible wife.
(b) For his birthday.
(c) On the birth of his son.
(d) For the release of an important paper.
15. Who does Paulina mention that upsets Roberto?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this scene open?
2. What interrupted Paulina from telling this something years ago?
3. Who does Paulina meet after three days of captivity?
4. How does Paulina want to honor Gerardo's caring of her?
5. What did the woman with whom Gerardo had an affair claim?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)