|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina do when she walks away from Gerardo?
(a) Goes to the ladies room.
(b) Goes to hail a cab.
(c) Meets up surriptitiously with her lover.
(d) Goes and buys some candy.
2. Where does Roberto say he has to go?
(a) To pick his wife and children up at the airport.
(b) To his office to get his papers for accuracy.
(c) To work.
(d) To the bathroom.
3. What is Roberto doing during the next part of the concert?
(a) Watching the musicians.
(b) He does not come into the concert hall.
(c) Watching Paulina and Gerardo.
(d) Speaking with his wife.
4. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
(a) To tell her she is totally mistaken.
(b) To help him get her committed to an asylum.
(c) To help Gerardo kill her.
(d) To humor her.
5. Who enters as Paulina is paying for the candy?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
6. What does Gerardo say he is in favor of now?
(a) Raping Roberto.
(b) Killing Roberto.
(c) Letting Roberto go without the confession.
(d) An eye for an eye retaliation.
7. What is Roberto's situation?
(a) He is still tied, but his hands are now in front of him.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He has convinced Paulina of his innocence and is free.
(d) He is unconscious.
8. What happens when Gerardo turns on the tape recorder?
(a) They can't find the recorder.
(b) He prompts Paulina to tell her story.
(c) The tape breaks.
(d) He goes in and forces Roberto to speak into the microphone.
9. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about Roberto?
(a) That he is actually an undercover agent for Gerardo's commission.
(b) That he doesn't want to cooperate.
(c) That Gerardo is certain that Roberto is Dr. Miranda.
(d) That he is having a heart attack from fear.
10. As Paulina persists in questioning Gerardo about the affair, how does he respond.
(a) He says he wants a divorce.
(b) Asks her why they torture each other in this way and does she want him to leave.
(c) He says he will find the woman and let Paulina talk to her.
(d) He says if she brings it up once more, he will shoot her instead of Roberto.
11. What composer does Paulina want to listen to with Gerardo?
12. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
(a) Ask Roberto to forgive her.
(b) Says another line from her time of torture and runs her hands all over Roberto.
(c) Gives Roberto more water.
(d) Pistol whips Roberto for trying to escape.
13. How does Paulina want to honor Gerardo's caring of her?
(a) Let him go back and have an affair with the other woman.
(b) Take him on a long cruise.
(c) Adopt a child and care for him in the same way.
(d) Buy him a year's worth of sessions with a massage therapist.
14. What does Paulina want to know about Gerardo's affair with this woman?
(a) If he loved her.
(b) How they met.
(c) How many times they had sex.
(d) If he wishes he was with her now.
15. What does Paulina talk about in the opening of this scene?
(a) How she wants to move to the United States and get away from her past.
(b) How she wants to forgive Dr. Miranda but cannot.
(c) Her inability to get a job after her time with Dr. Miranda.
(d) The horrors she suffered at the hands of Dr. Miranda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerardo trying to get Paulina to tell him?
2. Who turns to Roberto and meets his gaze for a moment?
3. What interrupted Paulina from telling this something years ago?
4. What composer does Dr. Miranda play while talking with Paulina in captivity?
5. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)