|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Roberto at the opening of this scene?
(a) They have let him go.
(b) Still tied up in the living room.
(c) Dead; his body is in the car trunk.
(d) Back in the bedroom sleeping.
2. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
(a) To convince Roberto that Paulina will kill him if he doesn't confess.
(b) To leave the house until Paulina is through with Roberto.
(c) To help her dispose of the body if she has to kill Roberto.
(d) To rough Roberto up to scare him.
3. How has Gerardo thought of Paulina's emotional state over the years?
(b) In denial.
4. What does Paulina do when Gerardo looks at her as the song commences?
(a) Turns to Gerardo and smiles.
(c) Looks over at Roberto and gives him an obscene sign.
5. What is Roberto doing during the next part of the concert?
(a) He does not come into the concert hall.
(b) Speaking with his wife.
(c) Watching Paulina and Gerardo.
(d) Watching the musicians.
6. What seems to happen to Gerardo in this scene?
(a) He becomes certain his wife is insane and wants to commit her to an asylum.
(b) He starts really feeling sorry for Roberto.
(c) He has a complete nervous breakdown.
(d) He gains his power.
7. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
(b) That she knows how far she can go.
(c) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
(d) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
8. What song begins to play?
(a) Ravel's Bolero.
(b) Schubert's Death and the Maiden.
(c) Beethoven's Fur Elise.
(d) Bach's Brandenburg Concerto.
9. What does Roberto state about Paulina?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she needs psychiatric care.
(c) That she is an admirable person.
(d) That he knew her when she was in elementary school.
10. What happens to Roberto after he is tied up at Paulina and Gerardo's home?
(a) He is beaten badly and left on the steps of the hospital.
(b) His fate is not mentioned.
(c) The couple kills him.
(d) The couple forgives him and they eventually become friends.
11. What does Paulina want Gerardo to do on the Investigating Committee?
(a) Defend the truth.
(b) She doesn't want him on the committee.
(c) Be the voice of reason.
(d) Lie so as to get the past over as quickly as possible.
12. Who did Dr. Miranda used to quote?
13. What does Paulina want to know about Gerardo's affair with this woman?
(a) If he wishes he was with her now.
(b) How many times they had sex.
(c) How they met.
(d) If he loved her.
14. What does she talk about doing to Roberto?
(a) Blinding him.
(b) Raping him.
(c) Dumping him in a bathtub full of scalding water.
(d) Making him a eunuch.
15. Where is Paulina at the opening of this scene?
(a) In bed asleep.
(b) Out on the terrace.
(c) At the police station.
(d) At the neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulina confess she has faked during their marriage?
2. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about Roberto?
3. Who does Paulina mention that upsets Roberto?
4. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
5. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)