|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulina remind Gerardo about her torturers?
(a) That they repeatedly raped her.
(b) That they had not been caught.
(c) That they were animals.
(d) That they did offer her food and water.
2. What does Roberto state about Paulina?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she needs psychiatric care.
(c) That he knew her when she was in elementary school.
(d) That she is an admirable person.
3. Why does Gerardo leave Roberto at the end of the scene?
(a) To tell Paulina that Roberto needs to use the restroom again.
(b) To go to work.
(c) To go get some electric shock paddles to force a confession.
(d) To go get some sleep.
4. Why is Gerardo being congratulated?
(a) For his birthday.
(b) On the birth of his son.
(c) For the release of an important paper.
(d) For having such an incredible wife.
5. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
(a) To leave the house until Paulina is through with Roberto.
(b) To rough Roberto up to scare him.
(c) To help her dispose of the body if she has to kill Roberto.
(d) To convince Roberto that Paulina will kill him if he doesn't confess.
6. What is Paulina's relationship with her parents like?
(a) Her parents are not mentioned in this scene.
(b) Average daughter/parent relationship.
(d) Very close.
7. What does Paulina say when Gerardo asks if she intends to kill Roberto?
(a) They didn't kill her, so that wouldn't be fair.
(b) She has not decided yet.
(c) Not unless Roberto tries to escape.
(d) Of course, after Roberto confesses.
8. What announces the resumption of the concert?
(b) A bell.
(c) A voice over the loud speaker.
(d) The dimming of the lights.
9. What will Paulina do if Roberto gives her a signed confession?
(a) Have him arrested.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Insist on therapy.
(d) Let him go.
10. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
(b) That she knows how far she can go.
(c) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
(d) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
11. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
(a) Says another line from her time of torture and runs her hands all over Roberto.
(b) Ask Roberto to forgive her.
(c) Gives Roberto more water.
(d) Pistol whips Roberto for trying to escape.
12. What do Gerardo and Paulina have with them on the terrace?
(a) A camera.
(b) An impartial witness.
(c) A tape recorder.
13. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
(a) To help Gerardo kill her.
(b) To tell her she is totally mistaken.
(c) To humor her.
(d) To help him get her committed to an asylum.
14. What is Gerardo going to tell Paulina about Roberto?
(a) That he is actually an undercover agent for Gerardo's commission.
(b) That he is having a heart attack from fear.
(c) That Gerardo is certain that Roberto is Dr. Miranda.
(d) That he doesn't want to cooperate.
15. What is Roberto's situation?
(a) He has convinced Paulina of his innocence and is free.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is unconscious.
(d) He is still tied, but his hands are now in front of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main thing Paulina wants from Roberto?
2. What are some of the things Paulina mentions that she endured during torture?
3. What does Roberto say about Gerardo's ability to protect Paulina?
4. When is Paulina kidnapped?
5. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)