|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has elapsed since the last scene?
(a) Several months.
(b) A week.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two days.
2. What does Paulina talk about in the opening of this scene?
(a) The horrors she suffered at the hands of Dr. Miranda.
(b) How she wants to move to the United States and get away from her past.
(c) Her inability to get a job after her time with Dr. Miranda.
(d) How she wants to forgive Dr. Miranda but cannot.
3. What technique does Roberto think Paulina and Gerardo are using?
(a) Guilt induced confession.
(c) Good cop, bad cop.
(d) Sleep deprivation.
4. How does Gerardo prefer to treat Dr. Miranda aka Roberto?
(a) Roughly and slapping him now and then.
(b) As a client.
(c) As if he is innocent.
(d) Like a brother.
5. What interrupted Paulina from telling this something years ago?
(a) An air raid.
(b) The police arresting Paulina.
(c) The baby crying and needing attention.
(d) A woman whom Gerardo had been sleeping with while Paulina was imprisoned.
6. As Paulina persists in questioning Gerardo about the affair, how does he respond.
(a) He says he will find the woman and let Paulina talk to her.
(b) Asks her why they torture each other in this way and does she want him to leave.
(c) He says if she brings it up once more, he will shoot her instead of Roberto.
(d) He says he wants a divorce.
7. How many times does Gerardo say he and the woman had sex?
(a) Too numerous to count.
(c) They did not have sex.
8. What does she talk about doing to Roberto?
(a) Dumping him in a bathtub full of scalding water.
(b) Blinding him.
(c) Raping him.
(d) Making him a eunuch.
9. What does Paulina say to reassure Gerardo.
(a) That what happens here will never be made public, that he has nothing to worry about.
(b) That the commission will be happy about their finding Roberto.
(c) That she knows how far she can go.
(d) That she will kill Roberto and no one will ever know.
10. When Paulina returns to the living room, what does she do?
(a) Pistol whips Roberto for trying to escape.
(b) Says another line from her time of torture and runs her hands all over Roberto.
(c) Ask Roberto to forgive her.
(d) Gives Roberto more water.
11. What is the first thing Roberto says when Paulina removes the gag?
(a) Tells Paulina to go to hell.
(b) Asks for water.
(c) Says he is going to sue Paulina.
(d) Calls Paulina a bitch.
12. What does Paulina want to know about Gerardo's affair with this woman?
(a) If he wishes he was with her now.
(b) How many times they had sex.
(c) If he loved her.
(d) How they met.
13. At first, what is the primary reason for the doctor's presence during torture?
(a) To heal the patient.
(b) To administer truth serum.
(c) To say how much physical abuse the prisoner can withstand without dying.
(d) To make certain a woman isn't pregnant before shock torture.
14. What has Paulina not shared with Gerardo in the past?
(a) That she was fairly sure she knew who Dr. Miranda is.
(b) That she is estranged from her parents.
(c) The fact that she had been a medical student.
(d) Very much about her experiences while being tortured.
15. What will Paulina do if Roberto gives her a signed confession?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Have him arrested.
(c) Let him go.
(d) Insist on therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerardo imply that Roberto has done?
2. What is Roberto doing during the next part of the concert?
3. Where are Gerardo and Roberto at the beginning of this scene?
4. What sounds are heard?
5. What does Paulina say about the relationship between some doctors and the secret police?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)