|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerardo say Paulina will do if Roberto does not confess?
(a) Have Gerardo work him over with a billy club.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take him to the police.
(d) Cut out his tongue.
2. What does Paulina mention using to rape Roberto, implying that he had done the same to her.
(a) A police baton.
(b) A stick.
(c) A broom handle.
(d) A flashlight.
3. What announces the resumption of the concert?
(a) A voice over the loud speaker.
(c) A bell.
(d) The dimming of the lights.
4. What does Paulina asks Gerardo to do?
(a) To rough Roberto up to scare him.
(b) To leave the house until Paulina is through with Roberto.
(c) To help her dispose of the body if she has to kill Roberto.
(d) To convince Roberto that Paulina will kill him if he doesn't confess.
5. What happens when Gerardo turns on the tape recorder?
(a) They can't find the recorder.
(b) He prompts Paulina to tell her story.
(c) He goes in and forces Roberto to speak into the microphone.
(d) The tape breaks.
6. What does Gerardo say he is in favor of now?
(a) Killing Roberto.
(b) Letting Roberto go without the confession.
(c) Raping Roberto.
(d) An eye for an eye retaliation.
7. What reason does Gerardo give in pleading with Roberto to indulge Paulina?
(a) That she is mentally unstable.
(b) That she is one of many who feel they need vengeance for past wrongs.
(c) That she will forgive Roberto if he just confesses.
(d) That she is no longer certain about Roberto's identity.
8. Who turns to Roberto and meets his gaze for a moment?
(b) Roberto's mistress.
(d) Roberto's wife.
9. What is Paulina's relationship with her parents like?
(a) Average daughter/parent relationship.
(b) Very close.
(c) Her parents are not mentioned in this scene.
10. What does Roberto state about Paulina?
(a) That she is beautiful.
(b) That she needs psychiatric care.
(c) That she is an admirable person.
(d) That he knew her when she was in elementary school.
11. What does Paulina remind Gerardo about her torturers?
(a) That they were animals.
(b) That they repeatedly raped her.
(c) That they had not been caught.
(d) That they did offer her food and water.
12. What does she talk about doing to Roberto?
(a) Raping him.
(b) Blinding him.
(c) Making him a eunuch.
(d) Dumping him in a bathtub full of scalding water.
13. What does Gerardo ask of Roberto concerning Paulina?
(a) To help him get her committed to an asylum.
(b) To help Gerardo kill her.
(c) To humor her.
(d) To tell her she is totally mistaken.
14. What was one thing that revolted Gerardo under the military regime?
(a) The nationalization of the banks.
(b) That they dismissed the junta.
(c) False evidence against innocent people.
(d) The many executions.
15. How does Gerardo prefer to treat Dr. Miranda aka Roberto?
(a) Like a brother.
(b) As if he is innocent.
(c) As a client.
(d) Roughly and slapping him now and then.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the music ends, what do Gerardo and Paulina do?
2. What will Paulina do if Roberto gives her a signed confession?
3. Where is Paulina looking when the stage goes dark?
4. What do Gerardo and Paulina have with them on the terrace?
5. Who enters as Paulina is paying for the candy?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)