|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Pilkings use to describe Yoruban customs?
2. Who must Elesin Oba tell if he believes he is not able to make the transition?
3. What does Elesin do to Olunde before he leaves for school?
4. Whose help does Olunde ask for when he hears of Pilkings interference?
5. Throughout the play there is a correlation between the death of the power of religion as well as the death of __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1How does self-sacrifice relate to this story? What can be inferred about the views on self-sacrifice between the two cultures?
Essay Topic 2Which events of the play are set in a public place? Why does Soyinka do this?
Essay Topic 3How does Elesin's love of the Marketplace work to symbolize his love and appreciation for life? Explain using in-text citations.
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)