Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which color is the one who makes the transition dressed, as can be seen in the last scene of the play?
2. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How long do pre-burial ceremonies last in the Yoruban world?
4. Where will the ball be taking place?
5. What is the Yoruban word for a rich, woven cloth?
Essay Topic 1
How might the meaning of the story change, had the author only stated that the British involvement was crucial to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Pilkings and Elesin are similar in many more ways than are directly visible to either of them. Explain the similarities that lie between Elesin and Pilkings and postulate as to why Soyinka would have chosen to add that particular element to the story.
Essay Topic 3
What does morality have to do with the decision making process of Pilkings? Explain your reasoning using in-text citations.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)