Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which color is the one who makes the transition dressed, as can be seen in the last scene of the play?
2. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How long do pre-burial ceremonies last in the Yoruban world?
4. Where will the ball be taking place?
5. What is the Yoruban word for a rich, woven cloth?
What significance does the Marketplace hold for the story? What significance does the Marketplace hold for Elesin Oba in particular? Explain.
How does Elesin Oba rationalize marrying the young girl to the women of the Market? Why does Iyaloja specifically believe marriage is a bad idea for Elesin, considering the journey he must make?
Which events of the play are set in a public place? Why does Soyinka do this?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)