|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the play there is a correlation between the death of the power of religion as well as the death of __________.
2. Which term is used by the women of the market several times while in an argument with Amusa?
3. Who joins the praise-singer in his praises of Elesin in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is the floor of the market covered with after Elesin's wedding?
5. How does Amusa react to the taunting women in the market in Act 1, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Elesin's love of the Marketplace work to symbolize his love and appreciation for life? Explain using in-text citations.
Essay Topic 2
What does morality have to do with the decision making process of Pilkings? Explain your reasoning using in-text citations.
Essay Topic 3
Fear plays a large part in the motivation of the actions of several people within the play. How does fear motivate the actions of characters within the play? Which characters are motivated by fear?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)