|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drumming beat signifies death in the Yoruban world?
2. Which word best describes Elesin's feelings toward Olunde's reaction to him?
3. What is a masque, as stated within the text?
4. How many shells are there to the soul of a man?
5. What time is it when Pilkings finally decides to go after Elesin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of duty is important for the action of the text. Explain Elesin's duty and why failure of that duty would cause the Yoruban universe to spin out of control. Be sure to use in-text citations to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
What does morality have to do with the decision making process of Pilkings? Explain your reasoning using in-text citations.
Essay Topic 3
How do the roles of individualism and altruism work in opposition of one another throughout the play? Explain your reasoning using in-text citations.
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)