Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which color is the one who makes the transition dressed, as can be seen in the last scene of the play?
2. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How long do pre-burial ceremonies last in the Yoruban world?
4. Where will the ball be taking place?
5. What is the Yoruban word for a rich, woven cloth?
Essay Topic 1
The role of women within the story is very muted, except for Iyaloja, who plays a critical role in the play as the voice of reason. What does the play suggest about the women's roles in each culture? How does Iyaloja's role deviate from the typical social construct of the time?
Essay Topic 2
What significance does the Marketplace hold for the story? What significance does the Marketplace hold for Elesin Oba in particular? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Olunde and Soyinka have many similarities. Compare Soyinka, the author, with Olunde and his character within the book.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)