|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of laying Elesin's shrouds?
2. Which character is NOT present in the last scene of the play?
3. What animal must not be seen without his feathers, as stated by the praise-singer in the last scene of the play?
4. According to Elesin Oba, he is the master of what?
5. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the roles of individualism and altruism work in opposition of one another throughout the play? Explain your reasoning using in-text citations.
Essay Topic 2
What significance does the Marketplace hold for the story? What significance does the Marketplace hold for Elesin Oba in particular? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of duty is important for the action of the text. Explain Elesin's duty and why failure of that duty would cause the Yoruban universe to spin out of control. Be sure to use in-text citations to support your claims.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)