Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which color is the one who makes the transition dressed, as can be seen in the last scene of the play?
2. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How long do pre-burial ceremonies last in the Yoruban world?
4. Where will the ball be taking place?
5. What is the Yoruban word for a rich, woven cloth?
Essay Topic 1
Olunde and Soyinka have many similarities. Compare Soyinka, the author, with Olunde and his character within the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Elesin explain his failure to complete his transition? How do God and intervention relate to one another in this respect?
Essay Topic 3
Are Elesin's character traits problematic for the role he must play in the universe of the Yoruban people? Why or why not?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)