|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The music and dance in the British world is ruled by status and _________.
2. How old is Elesin Oba by the last scene of the play?
3. Who performs the ritual sacrifices made for the Yoruban king?
4. Olunde admires the self-sacrificial British soldiers of which war?
5. What type of transportation does Olunde use to travel home as discussed in Act 1, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear plays a large part in the motivation of the actions of several people within the play. How does fear motivate the actions of characters within the play? Which characters are motivated by fear?
Essay Topic 2
Each culture [British and Yoruban] holds varying views on death and death's meaning. How does each culture's view of death differ? Why might these differences cause conflict or confrontation between the two cultures?
Essay Topic 3
Which events of the play are set in a public place? Why does Soyinka do this?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)