|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose help does Olunde ask for when he hears of Pilkings interference?
2. What type of transportation does Olunde use to travel home as discussed in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. According to Olunde, what is the greatest art of the British?
4. The music and dance in the British world is ruled by status and _________.
5. Who is the Residency's club secretary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does anti-colonialism have to do with the driving forces of the play? How do Soyinka's own feelings of anti-colonialism come to the surface with his writing of "Death and the King's horseman"?
Essay Topic 2
How might the meaning of the story change, had the author only stated that the British involvement was crucial to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of duty is important for the action of the text. Explain Elesin's duty and why failure of that duty would cause the Yoruban universe to spin out of control. Be sure to use in-text citations to support your claims.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)