|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sits inside Elesin's cell with him?
(a) His bride.
(b) Two guards.
2. In addition to the Yoruban religion, there are several references made to this particular religion throughout the play.
3. Which type of formation are the couples in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who is the Master of Death, according to "Death and the king's horseman"?
5. What does Elesin do to Olunde before he leaves for school?
(a) Asked him to return soon.
(b) Hugged him tightly and said goodbye.
(c) Wished him luck.
(d) Disowned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes how Amusa is feeling when he arrives at the Yoruban village in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. According to Yoruban custom, who is not supposed to travel away from Yoruban land?
3. What phrase does Elesin use repeatedly to describe Pilkings?
4. Which type of bird must serve the offering once the death ritual is complete?
5. What does Elesin seem fascinated with as he sits in his cell?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)