|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilkings say Olunde is coming to get from Elesin before he leaves?
(a) Elesin's blessing.
(b) Elesin's identity.
(c) Elesin's bride.
(d) He is coming to say goodbye.
2. Which word best describes how the orchestra in playing during the ball in Act 1, Scene 4, as stated in the text?
3. What time is it when Pilkings finally decides to go after Elesin?
(a) 10:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(d) 11:00 pm.
4. Finish the quotation stated by Jane in Act 1, Scene 4. "The kind of person you feel should be a poet munching _____________ in Bloomsbury".
(a) Fish and chips.
(c) Rose petals.
5. How many of the king's animals must be killed in order for him to make the transition properly?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color sash does Elesin Oba wear?
2. Which word best describes Elesin's feelings toward Olunde's reaction to him?
3. Who joins the praise-singer in his praises of Elesin in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. How long do pre-burial ceremonies last in the Yoruban world?
5. Which word best describes Olunde's reaction to his father's death?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)