|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Olunde's reaction to his father's death?
2. Who must Elesin Oba tell if he believes he is not able to make the transition?
(a) The king's horse.
(b) The praise-singer.
(c) The king's dog.
(d) The praise-singer's horse.
3. What is the first name of the aide-de-camp?
4. What type of material makes up Elesin's handcuffs?
5. What does Elesin do to Olunde before he leaves for school?
(a) Disowned him.
(b) Wished him luck.
(c) Asked him to return soon.
(d) Hugged him tightly and said goodbye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. This character is portrayed as being slightly more understanding of Yoruban cultures.
3. Which type of musical instrument remains prominent throughout the play?
4. Which type of formation are the couples in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Throughout the play there is a correlation between the death of the power of religion as well as the death of __________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)