|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
(b) Attempt to understand.
2. What will ride at the feet of the king's horse in the afterlife?
(d) The white man.
3. For Olunde and the Yoruban people, seeing Elesin alive means that they are seeing the _____________ of the Yoruban world.
(b) Greatest miracle.
4. What type of outfit does Olunde wear?
(a) African robes.
(b) A suit.
(d) An ancestral mask.
5. Who is in charge of laying Elesin's shrouds?
(b) His new bride.
(c) The women of the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes the Prince's reaction to Jane and Pilkings' costumes?
2. In addition to the Yoruban religion, there are several references made to this particular religion throughout the play.
3. What type of material makes up Elesin's handcuffs?
4. Which word best describes how Amusa is feeling when he arrives at the Yoruban village in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How much time does Pilkings give Amusa to arrest Elesin?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)