|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Soyinka dedicate this play?
(a) The Yoruban people.
(b) Elesin Oba.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. How many of the king's animals must be killed in order for him to make the transition properly?
3. What is the greatest fear of the Yoruban people?
(a) That Elesin will not die.
(b) That Olunde will not retrun from England.
(c) That the British will take over their culture.
(d) The king will be stuck in transition.
4. Pilkings believes that the Prince will come to the dance dressed as ____________.
(a) A knight.
(b) He will not dress up.
(c) A court jester.
(d) A coat of arms.
5. Who is in charge of laying Elesin's shrouds?
(a) His new bride.
(d) The women of the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the praise-singer in his praises of Elesin in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What type of transportation does Olunde use to travel home as discussed in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What color sash does Elesin Oba wear?
4. Which word best describes the Prince's reaction to Jane and Pilkings' costumes?
5. How does Amusa react to the taunting women in the market in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)