|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What type of dance do the British begin with in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Which type of formation are the couples in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What do the women of the market sing while Elesin begins to make the transition?
(a) A dirge.
(b) A wedding song.
(c) They don't sing at all.
(d) A hymn.
5. Which character does not speak at all during the play?
(b) Elesin's bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of laying Elesin's shrouds?
2. What does Pilkings steal from Elesin?
3. Which type of musical instrument remains prominent throughout the play?
4. What is the first name of the aide-de-camp?
5. This character is portrayed as being selfish and ignorant of others' cultures.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)