|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sits inside Elesin's cell with him?
(b) His bride.
(c) Two guards.
2. What phrase does Elesin use repeatedly to describe Pilkings?
(a) Evil one.
(b) White one.
(c) White man.
(d) White ghost.
3. What is the Yoruban term for a royal drum?
4. The Yoruba is a ___________ society, as stated within the text.
5. Whose help does Olunde ask for when he hears of Pilkings interference?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. To whom does Soyinka dedicate this play?
3. What does Pilkings steal from Elesin?
4. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. The drum heard in Act 1, Scene 3 signifies that the king's _____________ has been killed.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)