|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
2. Pilkings believes that Elesin is upset by _____________.
(a) His bride.
(b) His own failure to transition.
(c) Pilkings' interference.
(d) Olunde's reaction.
3. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
(a) Attempt to understand.
4. How long do pre-burial ceremonies last in the Yoruban world?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 30 days.
5. According to Yoruban custom, who is not supposed to travel away from Yoruban land?
(a) The king's horseman.
(b) The youngest son.
(c) The eldest son.
(d) The mother of the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes Elesin's feelings toward Olunde's reaction to him?
2. What does Pilkings steal from Elesin?
3. Which character sits beside Elesin's cell?
4. How many worlds are there in the spirit of the Yoruban race?
5. What is the Yoruban term for a royal drum?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)