|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilkings say Olunde is coming to get from Elesin before he leaves?
(a) He is coming to say goodbye.
(b) Elesin's blessing.
(c) Elesin's identity.
(d) Elesin's bride.
2. What is Amusa's character ruled by, as can be seen toward the middle of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Olunde does not _______________ Elesin when he sees him.
(c) Cry over.
4. Whose help does Olunde ask for when he hears of Pilkings interference?
5. What does Iyaloja tell Elesin's bride that she must think of by the end of the play?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her child.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her future.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amusa react to the taunting women in the market in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What do the women of the market sing while Elesin begins to make the transition?
3. How many shells are there to the soul of a man?
4. What is the floor of the market covered with after Elesin's wedding?
5. What is the resident concentrating on when he sees the British officers?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)