|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Yoruban term for a royal drum?
2. Which word best describes Olunde's reaction to his father's death?
3. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Joseph's father.
(d) Amusa's father.
5. What animal must not be seen without his feathers, as stated by the praise-singer in the last scene of the play?
(d) Not-I bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character is portrayed as being selfish and ignorant of others' cultures.
2. What do the women of the market carry as they enter Elesin's cell?
3. Which type of musical instrument remains prominent throughout the play?
4. Finish the quotation stated by Jane in Act 1, Scene 4. "The kind of person you feel should be a poet munching _____________ in Bloomsbury".
5. Which type of bird must serve the offering once the death ritual is complete?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)