|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the resident concentrating on when he sees the British officers?
(a) Their skin.
(b) The issue at hand.
(c) Their uniforms.
(d) The fact that they aren't wearing costumes.
2. What does Pilkings steal from Elesin?
(a) His life.
(b) His dignity.
(c) His bride.
(d) His son.
3. According to Yoruban custom, who is not supposed to travel away from Yoruban land?
(a) The mother of the market.
(b) The eldest son.
(c) The youngest son.
(d) The king's horseman.
4. How old is Elesin Oba by the last scene of the play?
(b) Not stated.
5. What does Jane call the scene of splendor as Olunde gestures toward it during their argument?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of material makes up Elesin's handcuffs?
2. What animal must not be seen without his feathers, as stated by the praise-singer in the last scene of the play?
3. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
4. What is the Yoruban word for a rich, woven cloth?
5. Who joins the praise-singer in his praises of Elesin in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)