|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many worlds are there in the spirit of the Yoruban race?
2. What type of outfit does Olunde wear?
(a) An ancestral mask.
(b) A suit.
(c) African robes.
3. What is the Yoruban word for a rich, woven cloth?
4. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. What type of transportation does Olunde use to travel home as discussed in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) WWII medical jet.
(c) Mail boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pilkings steal from Elesin?
2. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
3. What is the floor of the market covered with after Elesin's wedding?
4. The Yoruba is a ___________ society, as stated within the text.
5. What do the women of the market sing while Elesin begins to make the transition?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)