|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Elesin use repeatedly to describe Pilkings?
(a) Evil one.
(b) White ghost.
(c) White one.
(d) White man.
2. Who is the Master of Death, according to "Death and the king's horseman"?
3. Which position is the soldier in that Olunde admires?
(d) Foot soldier.
4. What does Elesin consider to be model wifely behavior?
(b) Caring for children.
(d) Speaking in defense of her husband.
5. For Olunde and the Yoruban people, seeing Elesin alive means that they are seeing the _____________ of the Yoruban world.
(d) Greatest miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drumming beat signifies death in the Yoruban world?
2. What is a masque, as stated within the text?
3. How old is Elesin Oba by the last scene of the play?
4. Who tells Olunde how to find Mr. and Mrs. Pilkings?
5. What does Pilkings say Olunde is coming to get from Elesin before he leaves?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)