|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of formation are the couples in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Who performs the ritual sacrifices made for the Yoruban king?
(a) The women of the market.
(b) New king.
(c) Chief brothers.
(d) Elesin Oba.
3. How does Olunde commit suicide?
(a) Strangles himself.
(c) He doesn't.
(d) Not stated.
4. Pilkings believes that Elesin is upset by _____________.
(a) Pilkings' interference.
(b) His own failure to transition.
(c) Olunde's reaction.
(d) His bride.
5. Which character sits beside Elesin's cell?
(c) His bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the praise-singer in his praises of Elesin in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. In addition to the Yoruban religion, there are several references made to this particular religion throughout the play.
3. What color sash does Elesin Oba wear?
4. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
This section contains 167 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)