|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amusa react to the taunting women in the market in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He cries.
(b) He retreats.
(c) He fights.
(d) He becomes consumed in anger.
2. For Olunde and the Yoruban people, seeing Elesin alive means that they are seeing the _____________ of the Yoruban world.
(d) Greatest miracle.
3. What type of transportation does Olunde use to travel home as discussed in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Mail boat.
(d) WWII medical jet.
4. What do the women of the market carry as they enter Elesin's cell?
(b) A coffin.
(d) A pyre.
5. Who must Elesin Oba tell if he believes he is not able to make the transition?
(a) The king's dog.
(b) The king's horse.
(c) The praise-singer's horse.
(d) The praise-singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elesin Oba by the last scene of the play?
2. Throughout the play there is a correlation between the death of the power of religion as well as the death of __________.
3. According to Olunde, what is the greatest art of the British?
4. What does Iyaloja tell Elesin's bride that she must think of by the end of the play?
5. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)