|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose help does Olunde ask for when he hears of Pilkings interference?
2. What is the Yoruban term for an ancestral masquerade?
3. What animal must not be seen without his feathers, as stated by the praise-singer in the last scene of the play?
(a) Not-I bird.
4. How many worlds are there in the spirit of the Yoruban race?
5. How does Amusa react to the taunting women in the market in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He becomes consumed in anger.
(b) He cries.
(c) He retreats.
(d) He fights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What is the greatest fear of the Yoruban people?
3. What does Elesin do to Olunde before he leaves for school?
4. What is the Yoruban word for a rich, woven cloth?
5. Who joins the praise-singer in his praises of Elesin in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)