|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do pre-burial ceremonies last in the Yoruban world?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 30 days.
2. Which type of formation are the couples in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 1 year.
4. To whom does Soyinka dedicate this play?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The Yoruban people.
(d) Elesin Oba.
5. Which word best describes the Prince's reaction to Jane and Pilkings' costumes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Pilkings give Amusa to arrest Elesin?
2. What does Iyaloja tell Elesin's bride that she must think of by the end of the play?
3. How many shells are there to the soul of a man?
4. Who is the Residency's club secretary?
5. What type of dance do the British begin with in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)