|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the floor of the market covered with after Elesin's wedding?
2. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 year.
3. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Amusa's father.
(c) Joseph's father.
4. Which position is the soldier in that Olunde admires?
(d) Foot soldier.
5. What part of the body must touch the ground one final time before the transition is made?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character sits beside Elesin's cell?
2. Finish the quotation stated by Jane in Act 1, Scene 4. "The kind of person you feel should be a poet munching _____________ in Bloomsbury".
3. For Olunde and the Yoruban people, seeing Elesin alive means that they are seeing the _____________ of the Yoruban world.
4. What is the resident concentrating on when he sees the British officers?
5. The music and dance in the British world is ruled by status and _________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)