|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT accurately describe Elesin's character?
2. In which year did the actual occurrence described in the play take place?
3. As stated by the praise-singer in the play, what does a man forget when he approaches a brand new bride?
(a) His children.
(b) The mother of his children.
(d) The Yoruban people.
4. Which word best describes Jane's feelings toward the Yoruban traditions and customs, according to the text?
5. In what way is Amusa related to Elesin?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) He is not.
(d) They are cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which other nationality has also done an adaptation of this play by medium of film, as explained in the author's note?
2. What phrase do Elesin and the praise-singer use to describe the afterlife?
3. Which character acts as the voice of reason throughout the play?
4. The author's note primarily serves to inform all except which of the following?
5. Which of the following is NOT included in things that Elesin loves, as described in the first scene of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which agenda seems the most important to Pilkings in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is it that moves Pilkings out to stop Elesin's death ritual?
3. Olunde is inspired by an English captain. Why?
4. How does Elesin become aware that it is time for his own death?
5. Explain what happens when Elesin emerges from the bridal tent.
6. Describe Elesin's reaction when Jane attempts to plead with him in the last scene of the play.
7. Describe Elesin Oba's character, as presented by Soyinka.
8. How are Pilkings and Elesin alike?
9. Why is Elesin annoyed in the opening scenes of the play?
10. What are Olunde's intentions for attending medical school?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)