|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This character is portrayed as being selfish and ignorant of others' cultures.
2. What type of drumming beat signifies death in the Yoruban world?
(c) No drumming.
3. Who tells Olunde how to find Mr. and Mrs. Pilkings?
(b) No one.
4. How much time has elapsed since Olunde received word of the king's death, as stated in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) One week.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
5. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 1 year.
6. The Yoruba is a ___________ society, as stated within the text.
7. What does Pilkings say Olunde is coming to get from Elesin before he leaves?
(a) He is coming to say goodbye.
(b) Elesin's blessing.
(c) Elesin's identity.
(d) Elesin's bride.
8. Which word best describes the Prince's reaction to Jane and Pilkings' costumes?
9. How much time does Pilkings give Amusa to arrest Elesin?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
10. Which term is used by the women of the market several times while in an argument with Amusa?
(b) My love.
(c) My mother.
(d) My father.
11. Which character does not speak at all during the play?
(d) Elesin's bride.
12. How old is Elesin Oba by the last scene of the play?
(a) Not stated.
13. What animal must not be seen without his feathers, as stated by the praise-singer in the last scene of the play?
(c) Not-I bird.
14. Which word best describes how the orchestra in playing during the ball in Act 1, Scene 4, as stated in the text?
15. How many constables does Amusa bring with him to arrest Elesin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane call the scene of splendor as Olunde gestures toward it during their argument?
2. Whose help does Olunde ask for when he hears of Pilkings interference?
3. How many of the king's animals must be killed in order for him to make the transition properly?
4. Which type of bird must serve the offering once the death ritual is complete?
5. What type of clothes does Amusa wear, as described by another character?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)