|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the king's animals must be killed in order for him to make the transition properly?
2. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
(c) Attempt to understand.
3. What type of material makes up Elesin's handcuffs?
4. How much time does Pilkings give Amusa to arrest Elesin?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. What phrase does Elesin use repeatedly to describe Pilkings?
(a) Evil one.
(b) White man.
(c) White ghost.
(d) White one.
6. How many shells are there to the soul of a man?
7. What type of drumming beat signifies death in the Yoruban world?
(a) No drumming.
8. What do the women of the market sing while Elesin begins to make the transition?
(a) A dirge.
(b) A hymn.
(c) A wedding song.
(d) They don't sing at all.
9. This character is portrayed as being selfish and ignorant of others' cultures.
10. In which color is the one who makes the transition dressed, as can be seen in the last scene of the play?
11. How many constables does Amusa bring with him to arrest Elesin?
12. Which word best describes Olunde's reaction to his father's death?
13. How old is Elesin Oba by the last scene of the play?
(c) Not stated.
14. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Joseph's father.
(c) Amusa's father.
15. Which character sits beside Elesin's cell?
(d) His bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the aide-de-camp?
2. Olunde does not _______________ Elesin when he sees him.
3. Who joins the praise-singer in his praises of Elesin in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What do the women of the market carry as they enter Elesin's cell?
5. What animal must not be seen without his feathers, as stated by the praise-singer in the last scene of the play?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)