|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This is mentioned throughout the text. It is a delicacy of crushed melon seeds.
2. What type of dance do the British begin with in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. How does Amusa react to the taunting women in the market in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He becomes consumed in anger.
(b) He retreats.
(c) He fights.
(d) He cries.
4. What does Jane call the scene of splendor as Olunde gestures toward it during their argument?
5. What type of transportation does Olunde use to travel home as discussed in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) WWII medical jet.
(d) Mail boat.
6. Which character is NOT present in the last scene of the play?
7. How much time does Pilkings give Amusa to arrest Elesin?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
8. What animal does Elesin use to describe Pilkings' guards?
9. What does Elesin's bride pour over his eyelids in the last scene of the play?
10. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 months.
11. Where will the ball be taking place?
(a) Under the stars.
(b) Pilkings' house.
(c) The colonial residency.
(d) Outside at the marketplace.
12. Throughout the play there is a correlation between the death of the power of religion as well as the death of __________.
(c) The young.
13. According to Elesin Oba, he is the master of what?
(a) His own fate.
(b) The lives of many.
(c) The afterlife.
(d) The Yoruban world.
14. Which type of bird must serve the offering once the death ritual is complete?
(a) Not-I bird.
15. Who is in charge of laying Elesin's shrouds?
(c) His new bride.
(d) The women of the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
2. What type of material makes up Elesin's handcuffs?
3. What does Elesin seem fascinated with as he sits in his cell?
4. What is the resident concentrating on when he sees the British officers?
5. What does Iyaloja tell Elesin's bride that she must think of by the end of the play?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)