Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Olunde how to find Mr. and Mrs. Pilkings?
(b) No one.
2. What phrase does Elesin use repeatedly to describe Pilkings?
(a) White man.
(b) White one.
(c) White ghost.
(d) Evil one.
3. Which type of bird must serve the offering once the death ritual is complete?
(a) Not-I bird.
4. What will ride at the feet of the king's horse in the afterlife?
(b) The white man.
5. Which character sits beside Elesin's cell?
(a) His bride.
6. How does Amusa react to the taunting women in the market in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) He retreats.
(b) He fights.
(c) He becomes consumed in anger.
(d) He cries.
7. Which word best describes how Amusa is feeling when he arrives at the Yoruban village in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. What is a masque, as stated within the text?
(a) A Yoruban wedding.
(b) Costumed dance.
(c) A British festival.
(d) A Yoruban death ritual.
9. What time is it when Pilkings finally decides to go after Elesin?
(a) 11:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 10:00 pm.
10. How many worlds are there in the spirit of the Yoruban race?
11. What is the Yoruban term for a royal drum?
12. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
13. How much time does Pilkings give Amusa to arrest Elesin?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
14. The music and dance in the British world is ruled by status and _________.
(b) Cultural significance.
15. What animal does Elesin use to describe Pilkings' guards?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elesin's bride pour over his eyelids in the last scene of the play?
2. In addition to the Yoruban religion, there are several references made to this particular religion throughout the play.
3. What is the resident concentrating on when he sees the British officers?
4. This is mentioned throughout the text. It is a delicacy of crushed melon seeds.
5. What does Jane call the scene of splendor as Olunde gestures toward it during their argument?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)