|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilkings steal from Elesin?
(a) His dignity.
(b) His son.
(c) His life.
(d) His bride.
2. What is Amusa's character ruled by, as can be seen toward the middle of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Which word best describes how Amusa is feeling when he arrives at the Yoruban village in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What will ride at the feet of the king's horse in the afterlife?
(d) The white man.
5. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 months.
6. According to Yoruban custom, who is not supposed to travel away from Yoruban land?
(a) The youngest son.
(b) The eldest son.
(c) The king's horseman.
(d) The mother of the market.
7. What is the Yoruban term for an ancestral masquerade?
8. Which word best describes Olunde's reaction to his father's death?
9. The Yoruba is a ___________ society, as stated within the text.
10. How many shells are there to the soul of a man?
11. What connects Elesin's handcuffs together?
(a) A rope.
(c) A chain.
12. What does Jane call the scene of splendor as Olunde gestures toward it during their argument?
13. Pilkings believes that Elesin is upset by _____________.
(a) Pilkings' interference.
(b) Olunde's reaction.
(c) His own failure to transition.
(d) His bride.
14. Which character sits beside Elesin's cell?
(b) His bride.
15. What type of transportation does Olunde use to travel home as discussed in Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) Mail boat.
(d) WWII medical jet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many worlds are there in the spirit of the Yoruban race?
2. What is the first name of the aide-de-camp?
3. What does Elesin do to Olunde before he leaves for school?
4. What do the women of the market carry as they enter Elesin's cell?
5. What word does Pilkings use to describe Yoruban customs?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)