|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color sash does Elesin Oba wear?
2. Finish the quotation stated by Jane in Act 1, Scene 4. "The kind of person you feel should be a poet munching _____________ in Bloomsbury".
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) Rose petals.
3. What animal does Elesin use to describe Pilkings' guards?
4. What type of material makes up Elesin's handcuffs?
5. In addition to the Yoruban religion, there are several references made to this particular religion throughout the play.
6. Whose help does Olunde ask for when he hears of Pilkings interference?
7. How much time has elapsed since Olunde received word of the king's death, as stated in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
8. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
9. How much time does Pilkings give Amusa to arrest Elesin?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
10. What will ride at the feet of the king's horse in the afterlife?
(b) The white man.
11. What does Jane call the scene of splendor as Olunde gestures toward it during their argument?
12. Who is in charge of laying Elesin's shrouds?
(a) His new bride.
(b) The women of the market.
13. What does Iyaloja tell Elesin's bride that she must think of by the end of the play?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her future.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her child.
14. Who is the Master of Death, according to "Death and the king's horseman"?
15. This character is portrayed as being selfish and ignorant of others' cultures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do pre-burial ceremonies last in the Yoruban world?
2. How does Olunde commit suicide?
3. Throughout the play there is a correlation between the death of the power of religion as well as the death of __________.
4. The Yoruba is a ___________ society, as stated within the text.
5. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)