|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of drumming beat signifies death in the Yoruban world?
(c) No drumming.
2. This character is portrayed as being slightly more understanding of Yoruban cultures.
3. What connects Elesin's handcuffs together?
(b) A rope.
(c) A chain.
4. The Yoruba is a ___________ society, as stated within the text.
5. What part of the body must touch the ground one final time before the transition is made?
6. Which word best describes how the orchestra in playing during the ball in Act 1, Scene 4, as stated in the text?
7. What does Jane call the scene of splendor as Olunde gestures toward it during their argument?
8. Finish the quotation stated by Jane in Act 1, Scene 4. "The kind of person you feel should be a poet munching _____________ in Bloomsbury".
(a) Rose petals.
(b) Fish and chips.
9. How many of the king's animals must be killed in order for him to make the transition properly?
10. What does Pilkings steal from Elesin?
(a) His son.
(b) His bride.
(c) His life.
(d) His dignity.
11. Which character sits beside Elesin's cell?
(a) His bride.
12. What does Iyaloja tell Elesin's bride that she must think of by the end of the play?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her child.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her husband.
13. What does Elesin consider to be model wifely behavior?
(a) Speaking in defense of her husband.
(d) Caring for children.
14. What is the first name of the aide-de-camp?
15. Who performs the ritual sacrifices made for the Yoruban king?
(a) New king.
(b) Chief brothers.
(c) Elesin Oba.
(d) The women of the market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women of the market sing while Elesin begins to make the transition?
2. This is mentioned throughout the text. It is a delicacy of crushed melon seeds.
3. Which word best describes the Prince's reaction to Jane and Pilkings' costumes?
4. How many constables does Amusa bring with him to arrest Elesin?
5. Which word best describes Elesin's feelings toward Olunde's reaction to him?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)