|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes the Prince's reaction to Jane and Pilkings' costumes?
2. Who tells Olunde how to find Mr. and Mrs. Pilkings?
(c) No one.
3. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
(a) Attempt to understand.
4. Throughout the play there is a correlation between the death of the power of religion as well as the death of __________.
(b) The young.
5. What type of clothes does Amusa wear, as described by another character?
(b) A captain's outfit.
(c) A blue uniform.
(d) A suit.
6. Finish the quotation stated by Jane in Act 1, Scene 4. "The kind of person you feel should be a poet munching _____________ in Bloomsbury".
(a) Rose petals.
(b) Fish and chips.
7. Which century of dress are the Europeans wearing at the ball, as explained in Act 1, Scene 4?
8. What is the greatest fear of the Yoruban people?
(a) The king will be stuck in transition.
(b) That Elesin will not die.
(c) That the British will take over their culture.
(d) That Olunde will not retrun from England.
9. Pilkings believes that Elesin is upset by _____________.
(a) Pilkings' interference.
(b) His bride.
(c) His own failure to transition.
(d) Olunde's reaction.
10. What color sash does Elesin Oba wear?
11. This character is portrayed as being selfish and ignorant of others' cultures.
12. The Yoruba is a ___________ society, as stated within the text.
13. What type of drumming beat signifies death in the Yoruban world?
(d) No drumming.
14. Which position is the soldier in that Olunde admires?
(a) Foot soldier.
15. What type of material makes up Elesin's handcuffs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Olunde does not _______________ Elesin when he sees him.
2. Which character is NOT present in the last scene of the play?
3. What does Pilkings say Olunde is coming to get from Elesin before he leaves?
4. Who is the Residency's club secretary?
5. How does Amusa react to the taunting women in the market in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)