|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elesin do in response to the praise-singer's warnings?
(b) Scold him.
2. At what type of school is Olunde studying?
3. To whom is Elesin's new bride betrothed?
(b) Iyaloja's son.
(c) Iyaloja's brother.
4. What does Joseph hear in Act 1, Scene 2 that confuses him?
(a) Strange instrumentation.
5. Which dance do Jane and Pilkings dance to in the second scene of the play?
6. Finish the sentence. The British involvement in this story is ______________.
7. Which of the following characters is NOT introduced in the first scene of the play?
8. Which literary medium does Soyinka's work fall under?
(b) Short story.
(d) Stream of consciousness.
9. What is the name of Soyinka's novel as stated in the author's note?
(a) Season of Colonialism.
(b) Equal Seasons.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) Season of Anatomy.
10. How does Amusa give his report to Officer Pilkings?
(a) He tells him.
(b) He sends it in code.
(c) He writes it.
(d) He sends another sergeant.
11. Oyo was the ____________ kingdom in Nigeria.
12. Which character is portrayed as understanding throughout the play?
13. Which of the following does NOT accurately describe Elesin's character?
14. The characters in the play are _________________.
(a) Soyinka's creations.
(b) Based on Yoruban heros.
(d) Historical characters.
15. Who do the Pilkings speak to for more insight to Amusa's report in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Elesin want by his side at his death?
2. At which setting does the play open?
3. A parallel can be seen between Pilkings and which other character in the play?
4. What is another name for the praise-singer?
5. Who is supposed to make an important appearance later in the evening?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)