Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's ethnic background?
2. Where was the author educated?
3. In which country did the original story take place?
4. Oyo is a _______________.
5. In which year did the actual occurrence described in the play take place?
6. During what major event did Soyinka decide to set her play around?
7. According to Soyinka, what first needs to exist before there can be a clash between two cultures?
8. In the author's note, Soyinka states that Elesin Oba is the _____________ in the eyes of the Yoruban people.
9. How many kingdoms are the Yoruba divided into?
10. The author states that this story illustrates a ____________________ between two cultures.
This section contains 3,281 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)