|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes Elesin's feelings toward Olunde's reaction to him?
2. What is the Yoruban term for an ancestral masquerade?
3. What does Iyaloja focus on with Elesin's request for a young wife?
(a) Her own failed marriage.
(b) The wedding night.
(c) The young woman's approval.
(d) A baby.
4. Who is in charge of laying Elesin's shrouds?
(b) His new bride.
(c) The women of the market.
5. Soyinka's story is based upon ______.
(a) Yoruban myth.
(b) Creation myths of Nigeria.
(c) Historical events.
(d) Factual information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women of the market claim took Olunde away?
2. What is a masque, as stated within the text?
3. Finish the quotation stated by Jane in Act 1, Scene 4. "The kind of person you feel should be a poet munching _____________ in Bloomsbury".
4. How long ago did the English tragedy mentioned in the play occur?
5. Jane influences Pilkings through ____________.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)