|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in the play would the author, Soyinka, most likely be comparable to?
2. .The praise-singer could also be seen as _______________.
(a) Elesin's soul.
(b) A god.
(c) Elesin's conscience.
(d) Elesin's best friend.
3. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) Amusa's father.
(d) Joseph's father.
4. In which year did the actual occurrence described in the play take place?
5. What does "Oba" mean?
(d) Chosen one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Yoruban word for a rich, woven cloth?
2. Which word best describes how Amusa is feeling when he arrives at the Yoruban village in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who is in charge of laying Elesin's shrouds?
4. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
5. Who sits inside Elesin's cell with him?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)