|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which other nationality has also done an adaptation of this play by medium of film, as explained in the author's note?
2. In regards to time, how should the play be performed?
(a) Following the Yoruban time schedule.
(b) Large breaks between scenes.
(d) Without interval.
3. What do the women of the market threaten to remove from Amusa if he refuses to leave?
(a) His hat.
(b) His coat.
(c) His pants.
(d) His knickers.
4. Olunde admires the self-sacrificial British soldiers of which war?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
5. At which setting does the play open?
(a) The marketplace.
(b) The British camp.
(c) The river.
(d) The palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the women of the market mockingly claim built the road that runs through it in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Which word best describes how Amusa is feeling when he arrives at the Yoruban village in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. The music and dance in the British world is ruled by status and _________.
4. A parallel can be seen between Pilkings and which other character in the play?
5. The messenger should be denied _______ he asks for.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)