|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many deaths occur within the story?
2. What event is Pilkings excited about attending?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A masque.
(c) An induction ceremony.
(d) A dance.
3. Which character acts as the voice of reason throughout the play?
4. As stated by the praise-singer in the play, what does a man forget when he approaches a brand new bride?
(b) The Yoruban people.
(c) His children.
(d) The mother of his children.
5. Which word best describes Olunde's reaction to his father's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Olunde, the English do not _______________ what they don't understand.
2. How does Amusa give his report to Officer Pilkings?
3. The British had several Yoruban religious practices ______________.
4. What is proof of the new bride's virginity?
5. According to Soyinka, what first needs to exist before there can be a clash between two cultures?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)