|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jane and Pilkings wearing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Fancy clothes.
2. Which character acts as the voice of reason throughout the play?
3. What is the author's ethnic background?
(d) South American.
4. What is proof of the new bride's virginity?
(a) Velvet cloth.
(b) A ring.
(c) The bridal tent.
(d) White flowers.
5. Which genre of literature does Soyinka's work fall under?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the women of the market claim that the "official business" is happening?
2. What do the women of the market threaten to remove from Amusa if he refuses to leave?
3. How many deaths occur within the story?
4. What is Elesin doing when he realizes that his last day is almost over?
5. At what type of school is Olunde studying?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)