|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elesin do in response to the praise-singer's warnings?
(c) Scold him.
2. According to Soyinka, what first needs to exist before there can be a clash between two cultures?
(a) Power struggle.
3. Where is most of the play set?
(a) Elesin's palace.
(b) The marketplace.
(c) The ball.
(d) The cellar.
4. The author states that this story illustrates a ____________________ between two cultures.
(a) Coming together.
5. Elesin refers to the market place as his home of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elesin's love and appreciation for life is ________________ for his community.
2. In which country did the original story take place?
3. Which of the following does NOT accurately describe Elesin's character?
4. In the author's note, Soyinka states that Elesin Oba is the _____________ in the eyes of the Yoruban people.
5. In what style is the dialogue of the play written?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)