|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Iyaloja works to enforce what is good for __________.
(a) Women only.
(c) Her family.
2. The author states that this story illustrates a ____________________ between two cultures.
(d) Coming together.
3. In the author's note, Soyinka states that Elesin Oba is the _____________ in the eyes of the Yoruban people.
4. Which word best describes Iyaloja's feelings upon hearing that Elesin wishes to take a bride, according to the text?
5. According to Soyinka, what first needs to exist before there can be a clash between two cultures?
(b) Power struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. The characters in the play are _________________.
2. Which other nationality has also done an adaptation of this play by medium of film, as explained in the author's note?
3. Oyo was the ____________ kingdom in Nigeria.
4. Jane influences Pilkings through ____________.
5. How many deaths occur within the story?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)