|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elesin claim his response will NOT be when death comes for him?
(a) "Not I".
(b) "Not me".
(d) "Please do not take me".
2. As stated by the praise-singer in the play, what does a man forget when he approaches a brand new bride?
(a) The Yoruban people.
(b) The mother of his children.
(d) His children.
3. Who do the Pilkings speak to for more insight to Amusa's report in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What do the women of the market claim took Olunde away?
(a) The gods.
(b) A ship.
(c) The British.
(d) The ocean.
5. Which other nationality has also done an adaptation of this play by medium of film, as explained in the author's note?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elesin do in response to the praise-singer's warnings?
2. What is the name of Soyinka's novel as stated in the author's note?
3. Which of the following does NOT accurately describe Elesin's character?
4. Elesin refers to the market place as his home of _____________.
5. What does "Oba" mean?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)