|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many deaths occur within the story?
2. "Death and the King's Horseman" is a story of ____________________ rather than British colonization.
(a) Human weakness.
(b) The love of life.
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) A cultural clash.
3. The praise singer can be seen as a symbol of ________________.
4. In Yoruban culture, which character must lead the king throughout the afterlife?
(a) His bride.
(b) A praise-singer.
(c) His servant.
(d) His horseman.
5. Which character is portrayed as understanding throughout the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elesin wish to make the transition?
2. The praise-singer warns Elesin about being spoiled by what, at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What do the women of the market claim took Olunde away?
4. As stated by the praise-singer in the play, what does a man forget when he approaches a brand new bride?
5. What is the author's ethnic background?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)