|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions is NOT being performed at the beginning of the play?
(a) Stalls being emptied.
(b) Baskets being carried.
(c) Cows being milked.
(d) Mats being folded.
2. Where was the author educated?
3. During what major event did Soyinka decide to set her play around?
(a) During the U.S. occupancy of the Philippines.
(b) World War I.
(c) The assassination of Franz Ferdinand.
(d) World War II.
4. Which word best describes Iyaloja's feelings upon hearing that Elesin wishes to take a bride, according to the text?
5. What is it that Elesin craves before his death?
(a) A bed of roses.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) Finer cloth.
(d) Fine wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is portrayed as understanding throughout the play?
2. In what way is Amusa related to Elesin?
3. The author's note primarily serves to inform all except which of the following?
4. The author states that this story illustrates a ____________________ between two cultures.
5. The praise singer can be seen as a symbol of ________________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)