|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Author's Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country did the original story take place?
2. How many kingdoms are the Yoruba divided into?
(c) Not stated.
3. Soyinka's story is based upon ______.
(a) Factual information.
(b) Historical events.
(c) Yoruban myth.
(d) Creation myths of Nigeria.
4. The author's note primarily serves to inform all except which of the following?
5. The author states that this story illustrates a ____________________ between two cultures.
(a) Coming together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author's ethnic background?
2. Whom does Soyinka blame for the tragedy of the story?
3. How many deaths occur within the story?
4. Where was the author educated?
5. Which character acts as the voice of reason throughout the play?
This section contains 131 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)