|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oyo is a _______________.
2. What is the name of Soyinka's novel as stated in the author's note?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) Season of Anatomy.
(c) Equal Seasons.
(d) Season of Colonialism.
3. Which other nationality has also done an adaptation of this play by medium of film, as explained in the author's note?
4. During what major event did Soyinka decide to set her play around?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The assassination of Franz Ferdinand.
(d) During the U.S. occupancy of the Philippines.
5. Finish the sentence. The British involvement in this story is ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The British had several Yoruban religious practices ______________.
2. In regards to time, how should the play be performed?
3. This term best describes Elesin's reaction/feeling toward Iyaloja's response after Elesin requests a wife.
4. How many kingdoms are the Yoruba divided into?
5. Which genre of literature does Soyinka's work fall under?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)