|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's ethnic background?
(a) South American.
2. In which year did the actual occurrence described in the play take place?
3. "Death and the King's Horseman" is a story of ____________________ rather than British colonization.
(a) Human weakness.
(b) A cultural clash.
(c) Human sacrifice.
(d) The love of life.
4. Which character in the play would the author, Soyinka, most likely be comparable to?
5. Oyo was the ____________ kingdom in Nigeria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the quotation by Elesin Oba from Act 1, Scene 1. "This market is my roost. When I come among the women I am a(n) ____________ with a hundred mothers."
2. What phrase do Elesin and the praise-singer use to describe the afterlife?
3. Finish the sentence. The British involvement in this story is ______________.
4. Which other nationality has also done an adaptation of this play by medium of film, as explained in the author's note?
5. What is the object that distracts Elesin offstage in Act 1, Scene 1 of the play?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)