|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following actions is NOT being performed at the beginning of the play?
(a) Stalls being emptied.
(b) Baskets being carried.
(c) Mats being folded.
(d) Cows being milked.
2. What does Joseph hear in Act 1, Scene 2 that confuses him?
(d) Strange instrumentation.
3. What time is it when Pilkings finally decides to go after Elesin?
(a) 11:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(d) 10:00 pm.
4. What type of drumming beat signifies death in the Yoruban world?
(c) No drumming.
5. Elesin's love and appreciation for life is ________________ for his community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the greatest fear of the Yoruban people?
2. What is the floor of the market covered with after Elesin's wedding?
3. What does Pilkings believe Elesin's duty to be?
4. The praise singer can be seen as a symbol of ________________.
5. Where will the ball be taking place?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)