|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Soyinka blame for the tragedy of the story?
(b) Elesin Oba.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
2. Which character acts as the voice of reason throughout the play?
3. Which other nationality has also done an adaptation of this play by medium of film, as explained in the author's note?
4. This term best describes Elesin's reaction/feeling toward Iyaloja's response after Elesin requests a wife.
5. In whose home does the second scene take place?
(a) The Pilkings'.
(b) The resident of the prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is Pilkings excited about attending?
2. The masks in Act 1, Scene 2, signify what?
3. What is the object that distracts Elesin offstage in Act 1, Scene 1 of the play?
4. "Death and the King's Horseman" is a story of ____________________ rather than British colonization.
5. What is it that Elesin craves before his death?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)