|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Pilkings speak to for more insight to Amusa's report in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which character acts as the voice of reason throughout the play?
3. What do the women of the market claim took Olunde away?
(a) The gods.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The British.
(d) A ship.
4. What is the floor of the market covered with after Elesin's wedding?
5. What do the women of the market gain possession of in their fight with the British officers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amusa's character ruled by, as can be seen toward the middle of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Elesin do in response to the praise-singer's warnings?
3. Which character is portrayed as understanding throughout the play?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT introduced in the first scene of the play?
5. What is the resident concentrating on when he sees the British officers?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)