|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the women of the market claim that the "official business" is happening?
(a) The market.
(b) At the palace.
(c) At the ball.
(d) The bridal tent.
2. What do the women of the market threaten to remove from Amusa if he refuses to leave?
(a) His hat.
(b) His pants.
(c) His coat.
(d) His knickers.
3. Which of the following is NOT included in things that Elesin loves, as described in the first scene of the play?
(a) Red wine.
(b) Rich food.
(d) Fine cloth.
4. Pilkings believes that the Prince will come to the dance dressed as ____________.
(a) A coat of arms.
(b) He will not dress up.
(c) A court jester.
(d) A knight.
5. What type of device plays the music in the Pilkings' home in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women of the market carry as they enter Elesin's cell?
2. What does Elesin claim is the center of his life?
3. Which type of formation are the couples in at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4?
4. What is another name for the praise-singer?
5. How much time does Pilkings give Amusa to arrest Elesin?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)