|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
2. How does Gerasim treat Ivan?
3. What has Ivan stopped doing?
4. In Chapter 8, Ivan is angry with whom?
5. What broader concept about life does Ivan come to see once he feels he is pushed through the hole?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the form that foreshadowing takes in "The Death of Ivan Ilych." How is the foreshadowing accomplished? Is the foreshadowing subtle or obvious?
Essay Topic 2
How does Ivan's family deal with his suffering and death? Do they learn anything from this experience? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
What is the discontinuity between how character's act and what they feel throughout the novel? Why is how they act different than how they feel?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)