Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped doing?
2. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
3. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
4. What does food become to Ivan?
5. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of irony in "The Death of Ivan Ilych." How is irony used in novel? Does Tolstoy use one kind of irony more than another?
Essay Topic 2
What does Ivan learn from his suffering and death? How does Tolstoy use suffering and death in "The Death of Ivan Ilych?"
Essay Topic 3
Why would Tolstoy choose "The Death of Ivan Ilych" as the title if he writes about Ivan's life? Is Tolstoy writing about more than just Ivan's physical death in the novel? How so?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)