Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped doing?
2. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
3. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
4. What does food become to Ivan?
5. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the major themes ("We die as we live" or "What constitutes a good life?") and explain what is meant by that theme. How does Tolstoy convey this theme throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the form that foreshadowing takes in "The Death of Ivan Ilych." How is the foreshadowing accomplished? Is the foreshadowing subtle or obvious?
Essay Topic 3
How is Tolstoy's own life represented in "The Death of Ivan Ilych?" Include how he grew up, his early adulthood and what he came to believe later in his life. Be sure to include supporting evidence from the novel as well as independent biographical information about Leo Tolstoy.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)