|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most people act toward Ivan?
2. What does Ivan try to hang onto at the end of his life?
3. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
4. Who seems to answer Ivan's questions?
5. Instead, what does Ivan think about in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Ivan's family deal with his suffering and death? Do they learn anything from this experience? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of irony in "The Death of Ivan Ilych." How is irony used in novel? Does Tolstoy use one kind of irony more than another?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the form that foreshadowing takes in "The Death of Ivan Ilych." How is the foreshadowing accomplished? Is the foreshadowing subtle or obvious?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)