|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is introduced in Chapter 7?
2. Who insisted that Ivan's wife and family go out?
3. How do most people treat Ivan's dying?
4. Where does Ivan live in his thoughts?
5. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose several passages of good description from "The Death of Ivan Ilych" and explain how the descriptions help the reader to experience the events in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does Ivan's family deal with his suffering and death? Do they learn anything from this experience? If so, what?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of irony in "The Death of Ivan Ilych." How is irony used in novel? Does Tolstoy use one kind of irony more than another?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)