|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adds to Ivan's suffering?
2. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
3. How does Ivan react to his memories?
4. In Chapter 8, Ivan is angry with whom?
5. What does Ivan think may have been real after all?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Gerasim's being a peasant significant in the novel? Does it affect how he sees the world and how his character develops?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ivan and Gerasim. What is the relationship and/or purpose of these two characters, specifically, in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in Ivan's dying and death? Support your answer. Does Ivan welcome religion as a comfort while he is dying? Does Ivan scorn religion because he blames God for his death? Does Ivan go along with religious rituals to please his wife as he's gone along throughout his life doing things to please others?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)