Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped doing?
2. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
3. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
4. What does food become to Ivan?
5. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
Why does Tolstoy choose to use the flashback technique in Chapter 1 when he begins the novel with the funeral? How does Tolstoy's use of this technique help to get the themes across?
How is Tolstoy's own life represented in "The Death of Ivan Ilych?" Include how he grew up, his early adulthood and what he came to believe later in his life. Be sure to include supporting evidence from the novel as well as independent biographical information about Leo Tolstoy.
Discuss the use of irony in "The Death of Ivan Ilych." How is irony used in novel? Does Tolstoy use one kind of irony more than another?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)