Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ivan stopped doing?
2. One evening, Ivan's wife comes into his room to visit dressed how?
3. In Chapter 10, where is Ivan for the next two weeks?
4. What does food become to Ivan?
5. What has Ivan stopped thinking about by chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of irony in "The Death of Ivan Ilych." How is irony used in novel? Does Tolstoy use one kind of irony more than another?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the major themes ("We die as we live" or "What constitutes a good life?") and explain what is meant by that theme. How does Tolstoy convey this theme throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ivan and Gerasim. What is the relationship and/or purpose of these two characters, specifically, in this novel?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)